Jonathan Ross is back with Japanorama season 3

Silver said:
Ep 2 was..disturbing. XD

Especially the doll guy. D:

Yeah all those girls cut up into pieces and slotted into shelves around his house, kinda creepr like where bodies are all stacked up in a bad horror movie

McIcy said:
Just watched this weeks episode and I am a little creeped out, Women and Men choosing false relationships (hosts and dolls) over rela life relations, no wonder the birth rate is decreasing dramatically

they're not ashamed of it either, i've seen videos of people carrying them with them, sleeping on the trains. there's hundreds of them

Ah, I watch this on the odd occassion, but most of the time I miss it due to the lousy time slot. :(

I caught it tonight and what the crap did i just watch. I liked the format of the show but some of the content.

Chicks with beards, 6foot willys, a guy that has more rubber in his house than a durex shareholder. Also Yaoi or whatever you call it, what the crap is that.

episode 3 better have nicer content.

Conan-san said:
I just plain gave up dueing that Yoai scene.

Figgures, the only non astroboy anime to air on BBC, frickin' Yoai.

to girls, is that REALLY a bad thing :wink:

</sarcasam>

They're gonna think of us as some perverts now...

I wonder how many Yaoi fans are in this board lol

I was happy when they showed the Yaoiness lol I even Reconised Gakuen Heaven straight away (Cause I watched the whole series) and now I want to watch Haru Wo Daiteita thanks to Japanorama showing off some clips. XDDDD

I do love this show and have watched all the previous seasons. However, I do think that there is sometimes a tendancy to focus on the stranger side of Japanese culture. I think certain activities, although present, are probably not that common, or at least, not as common as they are portrayed. I mean, if someone made a show about the UK, I'm sure they could find plenty of strange behaviour that is unique to this country.

Of course he focuses on the strange parts, otherwise it'd be a pretty boring show. I'd imagine if a Japanese person came over here and did Britainorama, he wouldn't focus on us sitting down and eating dinner, and working a 9-5. They'd instead focus on the chav subculture, or our obsession with celebrities, or whatever. It's entertainment in the end.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Of course he focuses on the strange parts, otherwise it'd be a pretty boring show. I'd imagine if a Japanese person came over here and did Britainorama, he wouldn't focus on us sitting down and eating dinner, and working a 9-5. They'd instead focus on the chav subculture, or our obsession with celebrities, or whatever. It's entertainment in the end.

Of course, I can see why they do it. But I think it makes a lot of people think that the whole of Japan is stranger than they probably are.

So did anyone ever go and see Electric Eel Shock in concert then? They looked like something one would see on RockWorld TV. Sid Vicious would have been impressed. :wink:

Bloody girlfriend taped over this weeks episode, I can't believe it I was all sat down to watch it yesterday and instead I got some god aweful Jospeh and technicolor dream coat show.... ARGHHHHH

McIcy said:
Bloody girlfriend taped over this weeks episode, I can't believe it I was all sat down to watch it yesterday and instead I got some god aweful Jospeh and technicolor dream coat show.... ARGHHHHH
Gawd, that show is out ot get everyone; the doctor who fans and otaku alike.

you should take the tape out of the video and strangle her but you will have to wait longer to see it as you will be in jain or on the run

ridley said:
you should take the tape out of the video and strangle her but you will have to wait longer to see it as you will be in jain or on the run

Plus video tape is surprising brittle so I doubt I'd be able to kill her just really piss her off.

Will be taping tonights episode and this time hiding the tape til I actually have time to watch it

Back