Jonathan Ross is back with Japanorama season 3

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Despite the second season having aired last September, self confessed otaku Jonathan Ross is already back with another (third) season of his "foreigner in Japan" documentary Japanorama, as ever filtered through Ross's unique sense of humour. The first two episodes look to be especially interesting for anime and manga fans with Ross discussing (and exclusively previewing) the Samuel L Jackson-fronted Afro Samurai (episode one) as well as "the new craze amongst young girls for Yaoi manga - hardcore boy on boy love action" (episode two).
  • Jonathan Ross's Japanorama on BBC3

Episode 1
  • Monday 19 March, 11:00pm - 11:30pm
  • Tuesday 20 March, 1:45am - 2:15am [Repeat]
  • Friday 23 March, 11:40pm - 12:10am [Repeat]

Episode 2
  • Monday 26 March, 11:00pm - 11:30pm

It better have some J-rock artist interview this time, anyone but AnCafé is good. He did Dir en Grey long ago, but it wasn't what I was hoping for. v_v

Just set the alarm on my phone for this, I am definately looking forward to this and really hope I don't miss it, as I kept missing them last season

I'm glad to see that the new season is starting soon, as the last season was great so i am hoping it will be the same for this one.

Masaka_Naraku said:
Who's watched episode 2 last night? (discuss)
I saw it and as much as I love all things Japanese I was disturbed by some of what I watched last night. Most of it was just weird/funny but the silicon 'children' love was nothing short of sick! It's the kind of thing that maintains most westerner's belief that the Japanese are bad people. Incidently, I noticed a Rei Ayanami doll in the guys shop(?).

harkins said:
Masaka_Naraku said:
I saw it and as much as I love all things Japanese I was disturbed by some of what I watched last night. Most of it was just weird/funny but the silicon 'children' love was nothing short of sick! It's the kind of thing that maintains most westerner's belief that the Japanese are bad people. Incidently, I noticed a Rei Ayanami doll in the guys shop(?).

yeah,that was really umm...weird :?

Though i must say,the air sex was pretty damn funny.

Lupus Inu said:
I'll watch it tonight if it's on.... @ harkins, is this child stuff you're refering to Lolicon!?

I was thinking that as well. I skipped the last ten minutes of last nights.

TRASHBAT said:
harkins said:
Masaka_Naraku said:

yeah,that was really umm...weird :?

Some of it was strange, but nothing disturbed me as such. Maybe it's because I've seen too much of Mana @_@

Hyaku said:
pomtry said:
I havent watched it once :(

Same, I've been meaning to watch this ever since this thread began, but I always miss it, or just forget about it completely >_>

Its repeated like 3 times a week so you have plenty of time to rewatch eps, just set your vcr/sky guide as soon as you read this thread that wey you'll remember. Thats how I remember it every week.

harkins said:
Masaka_Naraku said:

I'm not into Lolicon or Shouta con. Its not nice...

Episode 2 will repeat in Friday (30th March i think) on BBC Three and it will air in 11.35pm.

I thought it was amusing/shocking/odd and strange lol

I stopped watching it after the Yaoi =D I was pretty happy Yaoi was shown.

(I wanted to go to bed and 11pm is a late time...).

TRASHBAT said:
yeah,that was really umm...weird Confused

I didnt see that part lol

I might watch the next episode.
I havent watched episode 1 and this was the 1st time I watched Japanorama.

Now we know the japanese are...Strange XD(er)

but we love'em anyway.

Just watched this weeks episode and I am a little creeped out, Women and Men choosing false relationships (hosts and dolls) over rela life relations, no wonder the birth rate is decreasing dramatically

Back