JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind (Vento Aureo) Anime Adaptation Officially Announced!

Great news! It's taken so long I assumed the anime would end with Part 4, although from what I hear from JoJo fans this part isn't the best, I'm still looking forward to more zany Stand-based antics.

Strange, from what I've heard Vento Aureo is one of the most popular parts in Japan.

Wow, forgot I even posted this, but I think it mostly comes from Western fans, given I have no real way of hearing word of mouth from Japan. Again, haven't done a lot of research into the subject, but that just what I heard. Part III is the most famous in the west (thanks mostly to the Capcom fighter, I'd imagine) and Part IV was arguably the most fondly liked in Japan, that's pretty much what I heard before the anime adaptations started coming, and I've only read bits and pieces on forums since. What little info on Part V comes from that... that and the two modern JoJo 3D fighters, though I'd say they made Part V seem quite interesting to me...

Anyway, I'm hoping probably-out-of-date western word of mouth to be wrong, trust me :)

Wow, forgot I even posted this, but I think it mostly comes from Western fans, given I have no real way of hearing word of mouth from Japan. Again, haven't done a lot of research into the subject, but that just what I heard. Part III is the most famous in the west (thanks mostly to the Capcom fighter, I'd imagine) and Part IV was arguably the most fondly liked in Japan, that's pretty much what I heard before the anime adaptations started coming, and I've only read bits and pieces on forums since. What little info on Part V comes from that... that and the two modern JoJo 3D fighters, though I'd say they made Part V seem quite interesting to me...

Anyway, I'm hoping probably-out-of-date western word of mouth to be wrong, trust me :)

Think Part 3 being popular in the west is also helped by it being the only manga available over here until just a couple of years ago.

I got the same general impression about the popularity of Part 5 from reading comments on various fan groups over the years, but something in the back of my mind also says that the fan translation of the manga was not of particularly good quality, which could also affect its reputation. Couldn't swear to that, as I might just be thinking of Part 4's famously dodgy scanlation, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor.

Regarding the music though, what I think we all really want to hear is "ED theme confirmed as All Star by Smash Mouth".

I got the same general impression about the popularity of Part 5 from reading comments on various fan groups over the years, but something in the back of my mind also says that the fan translation of the manga was not of particularly good quality, which could also affect its reputation. Couldn't swear to that, as I might just be thinking of Part 4's famously dodgy scanlation, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was a factor.

Regarding the music though, what I think we all really want to hear is "ED theme confirmed as All Star by Smash Mouth".

A lot of people have their hopes up for Gangster's Paradise. Not sure what the chances are, but they're probably a million times better than the poor sods who actually thought Killer Queen would end up being the ED for Part 4...

Back