Jeremy Graves announces that he will be leaving Manga UK

ConanThe3rd said:
Something tells me this sinking ship story isn't going to have Roland Rat swoop in to save it.

Over/Under on Manga UK being no more by the end of next year?

Also, is the Podcast starting up again in it's before Manga incarnation (whatever it was called?)

I was going to say, wherever Jeremy heads next, I'd love for him to start the podcast back up again - it was easily one of the best things Manga did and as a fan, I always appreciated how honest they were on there and it felt like an interesting insight into the industry.

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Lutga said:
I wonder if Starz is looking to sell Manga UK? Surely if they are, they would have got more value out of such a deal a year ago when Manga were absolutely pumping stuff out.

they currently are just going for big sellers and have lean overheads. for selling a business that is normally what is looked at so they *could* be making themselves ripe for the picking.

Lutga said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Something tells me this sinking ship story isn't going to have Roland Rat swoop in to save it.

Also, is the Podcast starting up again in it's before Manga incarnation (whatever it was called?)

I was going to say, wherever Jeremy heads next, I'd love for him to start the podcast back up again - it was easily one of the best things Manga did and as a fan, I always appreciated how honest they were on there and it felt like an interesting insight into the industry.
When Big Video wasn't there to shut them up and make them make wishy washy statements in any case.

ConanThe3rd said:

You mean The Anime Chronicle? Blimey, literally haven't thought of that in forever. Had great fun doing it. Glad someone (sort of) remembered it ;)

VoxPhantom said:
Please tell me that Anime Limited's communication isn't going to be reduced to "No news on that, but if anything changes we'll be sure to let you know."

Not sure if I've ever said this in public (but seeing as I'm gone in a week I don't think it's much of an issue) but the reason that became a recurring answer from me on the Manga channels is because I'd rather respond in some way to a question instead of not saying anything at all. In some rare cases I was literally instructed to not give any kind of response to certain topics, so for those my hands were tied as it was totally unavoidable. But otherwise that's the reason I would respond with that kind of answer, because there was either literally nothing to say on the topic or because I couldn't say anything on the topic.

Well, Manga isn't looking in great shape now, and it was already looking sketchy! I just hope (selfishly) that they complete releasing Bleach on DVD over here before they go...

Jeremy_Graves said:
VoxPhantom said:
Please tell me that Anime Limited's communication isn't going to be reduced to "No news on that, but if anything changes we'll be sure to let you know."

Not sure if I've ever said this in public (but seeing as I'm gone in a week I don't think it's much of an issue) but the reason that became a recurring answer from me on the Manga channels is because I'd rather respond in some way to a question instead of not saying anything at all. In some rare cases I was literally instructed to not give any kind of response to certain topics, so for those my hands were tied as it was totally unavoidable. But otherwise that's the reason I would respond with that kind of answer, because there was either literally nothing to say on the topic or because I couldn't say anything on the topic.
That was just a facetious comment on my part Jeremy, I understood that you only used that line because it was a polite way of saying no comment. :)

VoxPhantom said:
Jeremy_Graves said:
VoxPhantom said:

That was just a facetious comment on my part Jeremy, I understood that you only used that line because it was a polite way of saying no comment. :)

If there was a like comment button, I would have pressed that just now :)

Jeremy_Graves said:
Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for the kind words :)
No-one who's seen you wants to get on your bad side ;)

VoxPhantom said:
I like to believe that Jeremy was trained long and hard in the ways of "I can neither confirm or deny" by David Williams and the Suck Bunny :)

Good luck on new endeavours Jeremy! :p :)

Andrew, you ever stop talking and they'll be hell to pay! You put up with us all so much! Especially me and some others with the odd hissy fit hehehe :D

Sad to hear that I'll no longer be seeing the usual spiel about "No news, but if there is we'll make it known" on the Manga feed :3

In all seriousness, best of luck to you Jeremy. You've always seemed like really nice honest guy, whether it be on social media, podcasts or even personally at MCM. I wish you all the best in whatever you go on to do, whether it's still in or outside this industry. :thumb:

Mangaranga said:
Sad to hear that I'll no longer be seeing the usual spiel about "No news, but if there is we'll make it known" on the Manga feed :3

In all seriousness, best of luck to you Jeremy. You've always seemed like really nice honest guy, whether it be on social media, podcasts or even personally at MCM. I wish you all the best in whatever you go on to do, whether it's still in or outside this industry. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated :)

From the latest update regarding the Mai Mai Miracle Kickstarter:

We've a new community manager joining in January too so expect monthly updates from now on no matter how small they may be :)

Is that you Jeremy?

Well I've been away a while and come back to find Jeremy and Jerome have left Manga Entertainment :eek:

Hope it works out well for them both I always liked them and feel it's very much Manga's loss. Good luck guys.

Joshawott said:
Jeremy has confirmed on Twitter that he is now Anime Limited's Marketing Executive.

Tis true! Very excited to be working here :)

(Oh, and if one of you lovely mods could amend the text under my avatar when you get a moment, it would be much appreciated.)

-Danielle- said:
Good luck on new endeavours Jeremy! :p :)

Andrew, you ever stop talking and they'll be hell to pay! You put up with us all so much! Especially me and some others with the odd hissy fit hehehe :D

Fear not, I like hanging out on forums and I don't do social media meltdowns really so I'll be about as per usual especially on forums. I don't usually manage the Facebook barring weighing in on occasional comments :).

So yep, still around :D.

Andrew

Back