Japanese Blu-rays with English Support (Subtitles and Audio) Thread

Went through my collection to check, and here are some that include English subtitles (no English audio) that aren't listed in the opening post yet:
  • Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA The Movie 1st
  • Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA The Movie 2nd A's
  • Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA Reflection
  • Magical Girl Lyrical NANOHA Detonation
  • The Girl from the Other Side
  • Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade (also includes Chinese, German, Spanish, French and Italian subtitles)
  • Kud Wafter

And for completion sake, the following did NOT include any English subtitles or audio tracks:
  • KanColle Movie
  • Violet Evergarden Side Story: Eternity and the Auto Memory Doll
  • Hibike! Euphonium Movie 1: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso
  • Hibike! Euphonium Movie 2: Todoketai Melody
  • Hibike! Euphonium Movie 3: Chikai no Finale
  • Nakitai Watashi wa Neko wo Kaburu
  • Liz and the Blue Bird

One-Punch Man Seasons 1 and 2 Volume sets have English sub support.
Gurren Lagann TV series have English sub and dub support.
Gurren Lagann Movies have English sub support (if I'm correct, no dub was produced for either film).

One-Punch Man Seasons 1 and 2 Volume sets have English sub support.
Gurren Lagann TV series have English sub and dub support.
Gurren Lagann Movies have English sub support (if I'm correct, no dub was produced for either film).
Already listed Gurren Lagann and it's movies but thanks for the heads up for One Punch Man. Back to Gurren Lagann though I believe a dub has been produced for the movies' 4K US theatrical release. I suspect that'll be available should Aniplex US or Anime Limited try for a new release as the Japanese 4K release lacks any English support.

This threads a great idea especially as the one on Blu-ray.com doesn’t seem to get updated anymore so thanks for being bonkers enough to start it. I’ve gone through my collection and here’s some English friendly titles-

Amagi brilliant park- eng subs 2017 box only
Clannad - eng subs 2010 box only
Clannad AS - eng subs 2011 box only
Kanon- eng subs 2009 box only
K-on - eng subs 2014 box only
K-on!! - eng subs 2014 box only
Lucky Star - eng subs 2011 box only
Full metal panic s1, fumoffu, and tsr have English audio and forced jp subs but no English subs.

Already listed Gurren Lagann and it's movies but thanks for the heads up for One Punch Man. Back to Gurren Lagann though I believe a dub has been produced for the movies' 4K US theatrical release. I suspect that'll be available should Aniplex US or Anime Limited try for a new release as the Japanese 4K release lacks any English support.
The 4K JP release has English subs, bought and watched it a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah you're right actually this was confirmed earlier in the thread. Not too sure why I said it had no support . I think I was probably looking at the CDJapan listing again for some reason.
Sorry, just read the rest of the thread and realised that's probably what you meant!

My contributions below, happy to post up some pictures of the info cards if need be:

5 Centimeters per Second - English subs 2011 'Global Edition'
Akira 4K - English dubs and subs 2021
Diebuster The Movie - English subs 2008
FLCL - English dubs 2016
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society - English dubs and subs 2010
Gunbuster The Movie - English subs 2008
Haibane Renmei - English dubs 2015
HELLS - English subs 2012
Jin Roh - English dubs and subs 2012
Odd Taxi - English subs 2022
Patlabor The Movie 3 - English subs 2008
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise - English subs 2008
Serial Experiments Lain - English dubs 2015
She and Her Cat - English subs 2016

Both the 4k releases of Gundam Hathaway and Ghost in the Shell also have English Subs/Dubs

Edit: Hopefully I've not ruined your layout by including some stuff that only has the English dub but no subs!

Last edited:
FLCL - English dubs 2016
Updated the rest but as I was cross-referencing with CDJapan I just wanted to be sure of this one. Are you perhaps referring to the 2010 edition? Both the 2010 and 2016 releases are listed with English subtitles but only the 2010 release is listed as having the dub. Is this perhaps an oversight on their part and that both actually have the dub?

Updated the rest but as I was cross-referencing with CDJapan I just wanted to be sure of this one. Are you perhaps referring to the 2010 edition? Both the 2010 and 2016 releases are listed with English subtitles but only the 2010 release is listed as having the dub. Is this perhaps an oversight on their part and that both actually have the dub?
Think it's a miss on their part (mine too actually, it does have English subs as well).EZ14BTI.jpg

Probably obvious from my lack of posts lately but I'm taking a bit of a break from the forum. I will pop in every now and then should there be any updates.

Back