It Happened?! A FullMetal Alchemist Sequel!

What, dub cast or Japanese cast? Oh my GOD, I can already imagine the dub cast voicing the manga characters... I wonder who would play Ling.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
But seriously, don't judge the manga based on a couple of volumes, christ...

Assuming each volume has 10 chapters, I would have read about 6 volumes in total. That is much more than enough to judge the entire series by.

also, they scrapped out a majority of the manga-only characters from the anime, which is a shame.

You should probably read this sentence again and re-word it. It doesn't make sense.

I'll be quite happy if this new series turns out to be a remake that follows the manga from start to finish...but I'll be unhappy if it turns out to be a direct sequel to what I consider to be a complete story - That just screams of cashing in on a popular series.

I loved the first FMA series to bits, following it weekly for a long time. I would, however, like to see the story as it was meant to be in animated form, which I'm sure is something other FMA fans would like to see. I haven't read the manga, so it'll be an all new experience that treads over some old ground I'm rather fond of and I'm sure I'd love it.

CitizenGeek said:
Assuming each volume has 10 chapters, I would have read about 6 volumes in total. That is much more than enough to judge the entire series by.
Wrong, each volume of the manga has four chapters considering it comes out monthly with fourty pages a chapter, you haven't read the manga anyway, have you? Because it seems that way.

Wildcard said:
Saw 'Full Metal' in the title and thought it was a new series of Full Metal Panic. Alas I'm wrong. :(
Same.

At least another season of FMP wouldn't be a case of milking it. As long as it's not a remake or something stupid like that.

CitizenGeek said:

What about other series?

A lot of manga, especially long running, goes through huge changes in the storytelling and artwork over time.

melonpan said:
CitizenGeek said:

What about other series?

A lot of manga, especially long running, goes through huge changes in the storytelling and artwork over time.

That's just ridiculous. Of course, reading 300+ pages of any manga is enough to judge it by. Are you seriously setting a standard whereby one must read an entire manga series (many of which are thousands and thousands of pages long) in order to be entitled to an opinion on it?

Lupus Inu said:
Sy said:
So we've gotta read the whole series before we can form an opinion.
Yes.
Ok then, tell me what you think about this series below... (only after you read it all) :p

Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo

Now, seriously, I loved the anime, I'm still to read the manga, but unlike you Inu, I think the anime was really good and I'm really looking forward to it, is it a faithfull retelling of the manga or a continuation of the original anime.

KochiKame is a great series, shame it doesn't have a real plot and is just randomly weekly stuff, which is why it's been going for thirty years!

Also, when did I say I didn't like the anime? Back in the day I was the biggest FMA anime fanboy, EVER, but then I actually read the manga, and it turned out to be better.

It just felt like you were trolling when you said one has to read the whole manga to judge it.

me on the other side got put away from kochikame because of the absurd size it has.... 160 volumes! considering each volume is about 160 pages, it sums up to 25k+ pages...

chaos said:
It just felt like you were trolling when you said one has to read the whole manga to judge it.
Naw, I was serious everyone on AUKN is all "Mayn, the manga sucks." When no one has clearly read it.

chaos said:
me on the other side got put away from kochikame because of the absurd size it has.... 160 volumes! considering each volume is about 160 pages, it sums up to 25k+ pages...
Sounds like some light reading.

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:
CitizenGeek said:

What about other series?

That's just ridiculous. Of course, reading 300+ pages of any manga is enough to judge it by. Are you seriously setting a standard whereby one must read an entire manga series (many of which are thousands and thousands of pages long) in order to be entitled to an opinion on it?

You can't make an opinion on something you haven't read. Period.

You can make an opinion of the first six chapters, sure, but that most certainly does not entitle you to an opinion on the whole series.

I don't read manga hardly at all myself, but I've read lots of comments of how the story telling of a manga has changed over time. Hunter x Hunter for example apparently has gone downhill for the last few volumes because for various reasons. I'm not making an opinion on it, that's just what I've heard from others.
With Oh My Goddess, the manga started in the 80's, the character designs have changed dramatically from its start to now, changing styles over the years (due to changing fashion) and just a general advancing of the mangaka's ability.

The main thing I read is how the storytelling has developed over the course of the series, and I think that holds true to the majority of manga.
It can only make sense...

Your stubborn opinion on this issue is just ridiculous. Try listening to someone elses opinion for a change.

melonpan said:
. Hunter x Hunter for example apparently has gone downhill for the last few volumes because for various reasons.
What, you mean in art quality? Well, yeah in the volume releases it's fine, but in the Weekly Jump releases there's empty panels and not a lot of details, it got fixed in the volume releases though so it's all good.

Lupus Inu said:
melonpan said:
. Hunter x Hunter for example apparently has gone downhill for the last few volumes because for various reasons.
What, you mean in art quality? Well, yeah in the volume releases it's fine, but in the Weekly Jump releases there's empty panels and not a lot of details, it got fixed in the volume releases though so it's all good.

Ah that's okay then. Is there still no new information on the whole situation? It's really quite dire.

The Antlion arc is nearly over as it's coming to the epic climax, but the last chapter was out May, it was great catching up, the story-telling is top notch. I don't know the current news, but he seems to do a lot of chapters at once, then take a huge break, then do a load of chapters again, I hope he starts back up some time September and get another 10 or so chapters out.

Hunter X Hunter is an amazing anime! I've heard it's being in a hiatus for a long time now. Considering past performances to Togashi, I rather him to stay on hiatus and finish the series nicely. The ending of Yu yu hakusho felt so... unfinished. I mean, it has a nice wrap up of everything, but I bet everyone was expecting to see the whole tournament, or at least all battles for the main characters, what didn't happen =(

Lupus Inu said:
The Antlion arc is nearly over as it's coming to the epic climax, but the last chapter was out May, it was great catching up, the story-telling is top notch. I don't know the current news, but he seems to do a lot of chapters at once, then take a huge break, then do a load of chapters again, I hope he starts back up some time September and get another 10 or so chapters out.

Oh that's interesting to know. Completely changed my mind on the situation. I got the feeling the mangaka wasn't putting any effort into the series anymore and just doing crappy work. This is one series I might actually pick up from Viz, seeing as how it's totally unedited, apparently. Though I'll probably wait until it actually ends serialisation in Japan (if ever).

Back