Is getting hit by customs just pot luck?

The seller gets penalised by Amazon when they don't confirm the order has shipped (and they also don't get paid) so they probably messed up and will confirm it late when they realise. You can probably open an A to Z claim against the seller if you want and claim it's taking them too long to ship.

R

serpantino said:
I noticed 'all your music' seller on amazon mentioned ages ago. Has anyone ever been hit by customs on an order from them? Every order I purchase from them seems to come from a UK warehouse so I am guessing they stack up orders they receive and send them in bulk from the US then dispatch from UK which would negate custom charges from those ordering.

I mainly order stuff under £15 though. (Region free blu rays)

Edit: I might message them for the same of curiosity and see if they'll tell me how they operate.
I have been hit with custom charges using all your music on Amazon before. It might be the case of if it is in stock in the UK warehouse you are okay but if not then it has to be shipped from their US warehouse in which case you may be charged. As for asking them how they operate, I doubt they would say in case it gets them in trouble.

Not had any problems with moviemars on amazon myself (other than the usual getting hit by customs on every so often). In terms of packaging and shipping times they are about as good as all the music.

Hail Jesus Christ they finally shipped it but its coming out with expected delivery,8thOct, but methinks it's a glitch no way it'll be that long.

Yeesh. All this hassle to just save £5 lol

Sorry to bump this but the USPS tracker has been updated and says "Your item was processed through a facility in UNITED KINGDOM on August 24, 2014 at 5:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination." Does that mean it avoided customs?

Bloody hell that was fast, it only left the U.S on 22nd.

I guess so, otherwise it should have mentioned customs or nothing at all for days (which would then lead to a red card asking for customs payment).

Since yesterday was a bank hol, hopefully that means it'll arrive tomorrow or Thursday. Maaan if the seller shipped on time, I could have had this weeks ago!

I think it is a case of pot luck, I do import quite a bit of music from the US, although it's usually directly from very small labels or the bands themselves, and it's usually only a small amount (The most I've spent in one go is about $22), so I imagine a lot of that stuff slips through the net.

If the most you've spent in one go is $22, then you wouldn't get hit by customs charges since your spends would be under the £15 threshold.

Has anyone ever been hit by customs when using the amazon marketplace sellers tunesonline and allyourmusic. I'm looking to spend £15.59 on a tunesonline item and around £24 on a few items from allyourmusic.

Messaged tunesonline at one point and they said you will be charged import, you should be fine with all your music everything I have ordered from them has been over the import limit and not been charged by customs, also Supermart_USA seems fine as well ordered K limited edition from them for £36 and that came though fine as well.

Back