Inuyasha BBFC; Solide State Society UK DVD release date

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Eagle eyed Anime UK News forum member Ushio has noticed that the first couple of Inuyasha DVDs (6 episodes per disc, English dubbed; no sign of the Japanese language track) have been put through the BBFC by Fabulous Films. The status of Inuyasha in the UK has been unknown for a while, but with Fabulous Films now financing the BBFC certification, the tentative 16th April DVD release date for "Series 1" is starting to look likely.

In other UK related release news, That Man has spotted that Play.com are listing "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society OVA" (a continuation of the Stand Alone Complex universe, following on from the 2nd GIG TV series) with a UK DVD release date of 2nd July, presumably published by Manga Entertainment.

So glad to hear the gits sss release date.
Hoping that 3rd gig will follow although surely its inevitable.
Although im not sure yet what to think about the fact that motoko has left section 9 and how that will tie in with the 3rd gig.Could be interesting,suppose solid state society will clear some questions up as to where the series is going.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Freaking Sucks

The IY Delay was Stupid and Now its only Dubbed?

Heh... :roll:

~Ran

Im Disappointed with this.
its not the 90s with the dub packages anymore.

aww well. Its
better
than nothing.
I loved
the sub...

Not all websites show all the details so lets wait and see....

i've been looking forward to seeing SSS, so i have the chance to get the 2nd Gig now of GitS:SAC before it comes out. As for Inuyasha, i would prefer if it where to have the japanese audio with subs, so i guess i'll leave it for the time being.

Looks like SSS is getting a joint release with the US. Didn't read any other posts so forgive me if it's been said.

It's not only dubbed. It's just that the BBFC have only rated the English version so far. Don't cry yet, you touchy Inuyasha fans.

Also, it's only 12 eps.

Espy said:
It's not only dubbed. It's just that the BBFC have only rated the English version so far. Don't cry yet, you touchy Inuyasha fans.

Also, it's only 12 eps.

but they were originally advertising season 1 which was 26 episodes lol, £25 for 12 episodes........... every time theres a new comments the more i'm put off buying it

£25 will come down. Wasn't Naruto about the same price in shops when the first set was released? You can get it in store for a tenner now.

Ryo Chan said:
Espy said:

Also, it's only 12 eps.

but they were originally advertising season 1 which was 26 episodes lol, £25 for 12 episodes........... every time theres a new comments the more i'm put off buying it
The first series is 26 episodes but a season is typically 12/13 episodes (13 weeks or a quarter of a year). Purely semantics but that is usually how they handle such things.

Gawyn said:
Ryo Chan said:
Espy said:

Also, it's only 12 eps.

The first series is 26 episodes but a season is typically 12/13 episodes (13 weeks or a quarter of a year). Purely semantics but that is usually how they handle such things.

i always thought you have 2 sorts of seasons a 13 episode season which usually leeds to a 2nd one with a further 13 episodesa few months later (like Zero's Familiar or Tenchi Muyo) or a 26 episosde series which can lead on to another 26 after

Ryo Chan said:
i always thought you have 2 sorts of seasons a 13 episode season which usually leeds to a 2nd one with a further 13 episodesa few months later (like Zero's Familiar or Tenchi Muyo) or a 26 episosde series which can lead on to another 26 after
Nah, technically a season is about 13 weeks, so we get 4 seasons a year... see? We tend to get most new anime series at the start of these seasons, due to other series finishing.
I used to keep track of them, but it's quite a bit of work - although you can usually tell (roughly) when lots of new torrents start appearing (for those who follow such things).

Like I said about Inuyasha,

They don't always mention all of the features untill the dvd comes out...

Lets wait and seee....

Oh I havent watched IY In ages soo.....

yep thats pushed me over, as i only watch subs and was considering buying the dvd sets once they came out but now... **** IT! i'll you tube the lot.

I agree with....whats his name..yeah i agree that the BBFC will always mark the english language first, but this dosnt mean that the japanese wont be added on when/if the dvd comes out.. but you never know with Fabulous.. best wait and see..(or pray).. For some odd reason im desperate to see what the cover art is gonna look like.... o_O odd

Back