Initial D Anime Movie Trailer

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
A trailer for the new Initial D movie, New Initial D the Movie Legend 1: Awakening (Shin Gekijouban Initial D Legend 1 – Kakusei-) last week along with more details including the poster.

Synopsis

High school student Takumi Fujiwara works at a gas station during the day and as a delivery boy for his father’s tofu shop during the night. Thanks to his experience driving his father’s Toyota Sprinter AE86 Trueno, he becomes the greatest amateur road racer on Mt. Aina’s highway and this makes him a rival to racing groups in the prefecture who want to take him on in races.

The film is the first of a trilogy and will retell the beginning of the original manga story. The movie is directed by Masamitsu Hidaka (Linebarrels of Iron) and the screenplay has been written by Mayori Sekijima (Shadow Skill (OAV), Orguss 2 (OAV). Seiyuu confirmed are Mamoru Miyano, Daisuke Ono, Maaya Uchida, Junichi Suwabe, and Yuichi Nakamura. LIDEN Films and SANZIGEN Animation Studio are collaborating to bring the action to the big screen.

As part of the marketing campaign, a replica of Takumi's car was on show for fans in Tokyo.

Shuichi Shigeno’s The Initial D manga series (published in Young Magazine 1995 – 2013) has spawned a massive franchise with 48 tankobon volumes and multiple OAVs and TV anime. The new anime film will be released in Japan on August 23rd!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good so far, but it is just a retelling of season 1 which I still remember, so I'm not exactly overwhelmed with excitement.

I can't wait for this. I'm a big Initial D fan.

I'm actually looking forward to see just how much its animation has improved. Not only from the low budget first stage, but also from the improved reanimated Battle stage.

Amon81 said:
I can't wait for this. I'm a big Initial D fan.

I'm actually looking forward to see just how much its animation has improved. Not only from the low budget first stage, but also from the improved reanimated Battle stage.

Me too!!

Back