In Leeds?! Sky Crawlers at Leeds Young People\'s Film Fest!

Rose

Hikikomori
In Leeds?! Sky Crawlers at Leeds Young People's Film Fest!

Hey, if you are up north and into Anime and Manga, come and check out Mamoru Oshi's The Sky Crawlers - Sunday 4th April at 7pm, Chocolate Underground on Saturday 3rd April 7pm and K20, Legend of the Mask on Friday 2nd April! we'd love to see you all there :D

http://www.leedsyoungfilm.co.uk/index.html

'Tis a pity I'm staying down here during Easter.

'Tis a greater pity that TSC is due to be released on DVD one day after the Expo. What would the chances be of Manga selling copies over the counter nonetheless?

Mamoru Oshi's <i>The Sky Crawlers</i> will br screened at the Leeds Young People
Film Festival this April, along with Chocolate Underground and Litle Dragon.

<b>Chocolate Underground and Litle Dragon.</b>
Shortfilm: Little Dragon ---- Running Time: 8 min ---- Director: Bruno Collet
35 years after Bruce Lees's disappearance, his soul reincarnates in the body
of a little doll. With self - confidence, the rubber toy sets out to
discover the world surrounding him, battling with adversaries along the way.
Chocolate Underground: Based on the hit book Bootleg by British author Alex Shearer.
The Good for You Party has won the election by promising health
and happiness for all, but now they are in power they have announced the
Prohibition law and chocolate, sweets and all things sugary are now illegal!
Two boys, Huntley and Smudger, along with some friends, won’t accept this
new law and, although it means risking capture by the robot enforcers
and imprisonment, they begin to bootleg chocolate.
Sat 3 April - 7pm

<b>The Sky Crawlers</b>
From one of the most acclaimed manga filmmakers of all time comes Sky Crawlers,
a story set in an alternative history where the world is at peace and
realistic dogfights are staged to appease an aggressive population.
Genetically designed Kildren are created to be the fighter pilots in
these displays, never ageing until shot down in air battles. When his
beautiful commander is reluctant to discuss what happened to his
predecessor, new pilot Yuichi becomes determined to find the secret
behind the Kildren and the battles.
<b>Sun 4 April - 7pm

Both Films will be shown at the Hyde Park Picture House, tickets costs &pound;4.50

<a href="http://www.leedsyoungfilm.co.uk">Official website</a>

Believe it or not, that bit of blurb is the possibly the most informative I've read about The Sky Crawlers yet. Then again, I didn't really look that hard for info...

But it helps! Suddenly I'm interested in this movie. The merest mention of Mamoru Oshii is generally enough to make me groan a low, painful death rattle of discontent - but I'm actually intrigued by this movie now. I daresay I'll be picking it up!

And, oh yeah - why must I live so far from all these events? :(

Project-2501 said:
chaos said:
Posted at the front page.
Zin, I've got a ticket for Sky Crawlers at the Barbican. http://www.barbican.org.uk/film/event-d ... p?ID=10045

Just don't turn up late again ;)
Sorry, forgot to mention I've got the tickets months ago, but I won't be able to attend it this time around. Offered my tix to zin as he is close by, but he hasn't answered. Someone can have my ticket if zin don't reply by afternoon today.

Chaos, Zin posted above you and mentioned on the chat yesterday that he would find the event problematic to attend, so he's not going.

Oh, I see. Would you like this tix Jayme? I've realized that I always find myself in the possession of tickets for stuff I'm not able to attend :/ It's quite annoying.

Zin5ki said:
'Tis a pity I'm staying down here during Easter.

'Tis a greater pity that TSC is due to be released on DVD one day after the Expo. What would the chances be of Manga selling copies over the counter nonetheless?
Well, if this information is of any use, I remember buying the final volume of Death Note from Manga at London Expo last year, when the official release date was 2 days after.
Plus I think Beez were selling a volume of Code Geass before the official release date too.

Kezwick_Osaka said:
Well, if this information is of any use, I remember buying the final volume of Death Note from Manga at London Expo last year, when the official release date was 2 days after.
Plus I think Beez were selling a volume of Code Geass before the official release date too.
This intrigues me. Though they may not be able to acquire all the titles I hold an interest in, one can at least trust local distributors to be good sports in the face of annoying technicalities.

Oh, I also purchased the entirety of Haruhi from Beez when, I believe, only the first volume was out. I think if the DVD is ready to be shipped (or will have already been shipped, as may be your case), they should have it in stock... provided you get to them in time.

Project-2501 said:
You missed a goodun Chaos. And 2 people turned up about 45 mins into the film. WHY do they ALWAYS sit infront of me?
Because you always get seats behind them? ;)

Yeah, I know I've missed. :( For some reason, I had tickets for the last three japanimation screenings at the Barbican, but I've managed to miss all of them :S

It's not that these screenings aren't good, it's just that in the past three times, something epic came up and I couldn't say no to those and head to barbican instead. I just wished my tickets weren't wasted though.

Project-2501 said:
How can anything be more epic than an Oshii film??
Err... let's just say it's innapropriate to say in a children friendly forum ilke this =P

Project-2501 said:
They've got summer wars coming up soon! And rumor is Eva 2.0 is coming to the BFI.

Summer wars is great. I've seen this in Leeds last year. Eva 2.0 I thought it was confirmed at manga's tweeter already, although no listing exists so far.

Back