Importing / subscribing to US manga anthologies

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I've been thinking about subscribing to a few US manga magazine anthologies lately, but have no idea about where to look. Are there any websites that handle these or/and ship to the UK?

Also- got any recommendations? :)

Last time I checked (admittedly a few years back) it was cheaper to get your comic shop to get them in and reserve you a copy than it was to pay the incredible shipping fee for a subscription.

GD said:
Last time I checked (admittedly a few years back) it was cheaper to get your comic shop to get them in and reserve you a copy than it was to pay the incredible shipping fee for a subscription.

yeah i'd say the same. something like newtype would be double priced if you where to get it shipped over, though you would stilll get the dvd that comes with it. though some comic shops will order it in for you at the same price as in america, plus if your lucky you can still get the dvd with newtype.

i get newtype usa but i buy it online. the dvd always come with newtype because its inside the mag and its wrapped in plastic so it cant get out but it still cost £10 a month

well there where problems last year to do with newtype being imported with their dvd with it. maybe there are no problems now, i stopped getting newtpe last december, too expensive for me at the time, so maybe the problems are no longer there.

In Previews catalogue you can see what is coming out. Then you can take it to your local comic dealer and see if they can order anything for you.

I would recommend the magazine 'Newtype', but when I tried to suscribe, they totally mucked up and sent me 'Anime Insider' instead :S
Though, if they are good, and you can get your hands on Newtype, its a fantasic magazine :)

Back