Impending launch of Rapture TV

Was the FMA trailer the one with the "gravelly-voice-over-man" going 'but they're not aloonnnne...'?

You know, the one with the sombre intro that then kicks into big actions scenes?

Come on now, I won't accept pessimism at such an early stage. I dare you to believe that this could work. Unlike Evangelion et all, FMA is a much more accessable series to the casual viewer (on a par with the best shounen jump has to offer) and provided Rapture hang around for long enough, I'm certain that FMA will find an audience. Wolf's Rain is harder to predict; I love the series, it's one of my all time favourites, but I suspect it will take longer to click with the British public.

I want to be optimistic about it I really do but after the whole adult swim fiasco its difficult, I'm not ready to open my heart just yet :lol:

Was the FMA trailer the one with the "gravelly-voice-over-man" going 'but they're not aloonnnne...'?

You know, the one with the sombre intro that then kicks into big actions scenes?

Nope, according to someone on the Rapture forums a rapture employee made it, and Its pretty damn impressive.

Ryo Chan said:
sigh rapture not a good start.

u don't start a show 15 mins before ur advertised time

Swines! i missed the first 10 minutes! :evil:

All the same, the programme looks really good, but sort out the times people!

Same lol I was watching the shows before hand, If i tuned in at 8:30 I wouldn't have been best pleased. Also they were the Adult Swim Edited versions I think, hence the no opening song and the ending theme being a cut down version of the second opening

Same lol I was watching the shows before hand, If i tuned in at 8:30 I wouldn't have been best pleased. Also they were the Adult Swim Edited versions I think, hence the no opening song and the ending theme being a cut down version of the second opening

and the screen jumped every so ofter which means it has be slightly cut

Well i must say that was a total muck of from Rapture, luckily i had it on anyway so i just caught it starting.
Tbh, i don't think Rapture really know what they r doing :roll:
And i don't know why but my picture is always slightly pixelated :S
Then i got sum ppl from skool saying to me 'rapture suks' and that 'it only shows cartoons and anime' and another 'rapture sucks' etc etc.
I think that they totally spilt any chance of it showing people a different side of anime, becuase on the first bit (within 1 min of it starting), it showed a shot of the boy's leg beings cut off and blood everywhere.
Thnx a lot Rapture... :x

What a shame this happened on the first show.

Someone from Rapture has posted on their forum:

Sorry for the problems. Our systems did not play the second part of Gamers and so has screwed our schedule.

9pm should see normal service resume. Full Metal will be repeated next week so no one misses the first episode.

Again we offer our apology for the disappointment.

Just reading what u put, i think i'm gonna give up with anime on TV and just buy it on DVD.

So much for Rapture saying 'we have no plans to show edited versions of anime'... :?

Looks like the pessimists were right this time

Chris E said:
What a shame this happened on the first show.

Someone from Rapture has posted on their forum:

Sorry for the problems. Our systems did not play the second part of Gamers and so has screwed our schedule.

9pm should see normal service resume. Full Metal will be repeated next week so no one misses the first episode.

Again we offer our apology for the disappointment.

Well that's good to hear at least, but it still doensn't make up for the editing...

Ramen89 said:

The dvd version of the first episode didn't have the opening at the start. It shows the opening at the end of the first ep (don't know why) But the second episode onwards does it normally. It was a bit strange how they used the L'arc en ciel opening music (which I didn't think was used until after episode 13) but on thefirst opening animation.

Back