Illegal Downloaders to be Banned from Internet

Or maybe the Japanese will rage war against Britannica for watching their awesome series' without paying. A kind of twisted and odd version of Code Geass. XD

Spyro201 said:
Whic is why I said I stream, then if i like i buy the DVD. I stream it, if i like it I buy the DVD and get all the extra's and can paly it on anything with DVD playing capabilities. Il watch it twice happily, or more. Jees I have with Death Note. Its just my way of saving my money.
You didn't say you bought the DVDs in your post, but whatever. So you pay for it twice?

OK...

Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
Whic is why I said I stream, then if i like i buy the DVD. I stream it, if i like it I buy the DVD and get all the extra's and can paly it on anything with DVD playing capabilities. Il watch it twice happily, or more. Jees I have with Death Note. Its just my way of saving my money.
You didn't say you bought the DVDs in your post, but whatever. So you pay for it twice?

OK...

I did say I buy them, just its on the other page. And no I stream it through something like VEOH and then once ive finished it, or got most way through if I like it il buy the dvds. That way I know if I like what im getting or not. Otherwise, typically of my luck, i watch some clips and trailers think it looks cool to find out its terrible. Its just alot easier streaming it first.

Ryo Chan said:
Unless the goverment aproves my plan to turn Manchester into a giant prison city where prisoners fight to the death Battle Royal style :wink:
Now that's government money put to good use. :p

To sort this out by any means, they'd need the right number of staff to overlook such a vast task. And that's rediculously high, so unless they're handing out employment schemes for this, it's gonna overload their workload. This will leave gaps to possible swarms of pirate groups and individuals.

It's not going to work. 10 will be captured, but there's another 1000 x (n) that's got away.

Ryo Chan said:
well i supose it will save the goverment millions on having to fix englands broadband speeds

:lol: Aye. We're supposed to be running on 8meg, but, we're not. And we CAN get up to 8meg around here.

Read another follow up story to this on the BBC yesterday. The ISPs have pretty much told everybody it is not their problem and to get lost.

Dracos said:
Read another follow up story to this on the BBC yesterday. The ISPs have pretty much told everybody it is not their problem and to get lost.

Well good for them - I couldn't really see the ISPs going to all that trouble - don't they have enough things to deal with already?!

Churchy99 said:
Dracos said:

Well good for them - I couldn't really see the ISPs going to all that trouble - don't they have enough things to deal with already?!

Woo!! Celebrations for all :lol: :)

Dracos said:

its like

The government telling car companies they have to track down speeders or illegal drivers on the road and turn them into the police

Someone has probably already said this, but a lot of people already have a good feeling that this won't work and will only make minor differences and especially those who do have copyright and thingsl like that wil be banned from the internet.

I believe that the only reason why the goverment is doing it is because tha sueing is doing no good, especially for rich guys and so think they need a harsh punish in place. Face it things like these normally work, but it's still the issue that a lot of Piracy (As it is believed) will get away with it.

WalrusM3 said:
I believe that the only reason why the goverment is doing it is because tha sueing is doing no good, especially for rich guys and so think they need a harsh punish in place.

Yeah, plus if they've downloaded tonnes of stuff, it wont be that bad anyway for them. It'll still work out they've saved.

McIcy said:
Its like

The government telling car companies they have to track down speeders or illegal drivers on the road and turn them into the police
No it's not. =/

Once the car company sells the car, it's nothing to do with them what people do with it, unless the car gives off subliminal messages to run over kids or something.

An ISP supplies a continuous service, including the monitoring all its' customers usage and activities. Since "they" already watch us, it's not a big deal for them to help the law out.

By the way, it's worth noting mobile phone service providers charge the police an unreasonable amount of money for information on mobile-related crime.

So that's money out of taxpayers' pockets to the big evil corporations, just to satisfy the greed of the phone companies (who care more about their money and free ringdings than helping stop crime. Brown and his merry men aren't bothered either.

Let's just hope the ISPs don't feel the need to charge the police for information, or we'll be bleeding even more money for our lovely taxes!

I think the big deterrent here is the being banned from the internet. Just look around nowadays and see how many things tell you to log on to the internet to do them, could you imagine what this would do in a few years when all you utility bills will expect you to log in to pay. How would you cope if you were banned from ever having an internet connection no forums or no downloading legal downloads, you would be a second class citizen in the future world.

I don’t own a mobile phone or have any real intention to get one, however I feel all the time i am being forced in that direction with everything moving over to texts.

Back