Illegal Downloaders to be Banned from Internet

Good. I think that it is pretty out of order that their full profits are not coming in because of skanky people. I have spent about £300 on Anime boxsets and I don't think its fair that their are others just watching them for free ¬_¬.

But to be honest, I cannot really see it happening..

Amray said:
Good. I think that it is pretty out of order that their full profits are not coming in because of skanky people. I have spent about £300 on Anime boxsets and I don't think its fair that their are others just watching them for free ¬_¬.

Yeah, but those people watching for free dont have the real disc and box etc. in fairness, there are SO many sites that stream anime, just google it and you find them. No one forces you to buy them, if your on broadband, then its not hard. I do because what if I decided to spend money on a boxset of anime that i found ou ti didnt like?? I wont get my money back even if I sell it again, and its just a waste of time. Way easier streaming, and if I like the anime then yeah, il go out and buy the boxset.

Spyro201 said:
Yeah, but those people watching for free dont have the real disc and box etc. in fairness, there are SO many sites that stream anime, just google it and you find them. No one forces you to buy them, if your on broadband, then its not hard. I do because what if I decided to spend money on a boxset of anime that i found ou ti didnt like?? I wont get my money back even if I sell it again, and its just a waste of time. Way easier streaming, and if I like the anime then yeah, il go out and buy the boxset.
Your point about selling DVDs is kind of moot because you'll have wasted your money on something, no matter how you watched it, if you didn't like it. Streaming is also very inconvenient if your connection is being bitchy. Add the fact that DVDs are a physical product that can be played on anything that has DVD playing capabilities and come with extras that you don't get with streaming.

I can see the advantages to streaming, but the disadvantages outweigh them.

As said before, the government have no idea what they are taking on. It is very hard to define legal or illegal activity on the internet and its content.

The issue is so complicated for the government to handle as there are so many rules, laws and things to consider. Is it illegal if you download from servers situated in other countries where it is legal? What about independent groups who wish for their material to be downloaded or shared for free? And what about video sharing sites such as daily motion or youtube?

As with most security measures it usually ends up that when a new measure is introduced, that a new method is found to counteract it.

Another thing to remember is that they to pass an act first and go through the whole political process for it to be allowed through which takes a lot of time and even if an act is introduced (which means it needs to be very high on the political agenda for the scale they're talking about) there is no guarantee it will pass anyway!

I find it kind of funny that we have the piracy adverts (in the annoying form of Rat-a-tou-iee or however the hell you spell it) "showing" us that pirates are of bad quality and according to them, people will stop using illegal things because of their own disatisfaction. But that has sort of err....changed. Now they have to make us do things legally!

Also I thought that music was a form of poetry and expression, along with entertaining other people with your art, not about how much money you make.

It will never happen but if it does then er..... REVOLUTION!!

This just reminds me of the IT Crowd when they mock the piracy ads on DVDs - "you wouldn't steal a policeman's hat and then go to the toliet in it!"

Maxon said:
Spyro201 said:
Your point about selling DVDs is kind of moot because you'll have wasted your money on something, no matter how you watched it, if you didn't like it. Streaming is also very inconvenient if your connection is being bitchy. Add the fact that DVDs are a physical product that can be played on anything that has DVD playing capabilities and come with extras that you don't get with streaming.

I can see the advantages to streaming, but the disadvantages outweigh them.

Whic is why I said I stream, then if i like i buy the DVD. I stream it, if i like it I buy the DVD and get all the extra's and can paly it on anything with DVD playing capabilities. Il watch it twice happily, or more. Jees I have with Death Note. Its just my way of saving my money.

Aaron said:
Lock them up and throw away the key!

like they do to murderers

oh wait, they're out in 25 years usually.

anyhow with adverts like this

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPcHhOBd-hI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iPcHhOBd-hI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

sorta gives the impression, it's cool to steal

I can't see this working, I think it is just out to scare off a few people and remind the rest of us that downloading copyright material is illegal unless bought or obtained from a legal distribution source.

At the end of the day all this is really going to do is make some money for a software firm and whoever gets to charge for the watermark licenses to prove things are legal. Of course none of this will be funded directly out of the profits of the companies that gain the most, we the consumer will be expected to foot the bill by higher prices.

Taken from MSN about this subject - http://tech.uk.msn.com/features/article ... id=7526677

The Main Points of the Article

Practicality

Firstly, there are some serious issues of practicality with the kind of legislation proposed by the government. This legislation would charge UK internet providers with monitoring and policing their customers in a manner that is nigh on unfeasible

Legal or Illegal?

More significantly, differentiating between legal and non-legal downloads would be far from straightforward for internet providers. The data that makes up a legitimately downloaded file is not intrinsically different to the data of pirated files, making it tricky for ISPs to determine who is downloading illegal content and who is not. It is not clear how ISPs are supposed to spot the difference between the downloading of a pirated album and the downloading of, say, a garage band’s freely distributed MP3s.

Users Privacy Rights

Practical considerations aside, there is the critical matter of internet users’ privacy. The Internet Service Providers Association (ISPA) rightly contends that data protection laws would prohibit them from inspecting the content of their users’ downloads. “Internet providers are no more able to inspect and filter every single packet passing across their network than the Post Office is able to open every envelope,â€

Ryo Chan said:
this is the same china who America and Nato are condemming for their OTT policing and lack of civil rights.......... right?

Yeah those are the chaps, and don't forget the fact that Speilberg won't consult on the Olympics for them either

Spyro201 said:
Amray said:

Yeah I Guess. But I feel more better about myself just buying them. Might sound strange I know, but I prefer just knowing that I have all the episodes of a great Anime in a boxset in my room. ^_^
Also sometimes to make sure I know what I am buying I usually just look for trailers or clips of certain Anime on Youtube. It feels much better just having all the episodes legaly and just sitting their ready to watch at any time Y'know?.

Ryo Chan said:

Pssh...25 years of not having series spoiled by people too dense to use spoilers tags after watching their stolen anime is better than nothing! -_-

Amray said:
Spyro201 said:
Amray said:

Yeah I Guess. But I feel more better about myself just buying them. Might sound strange I know, but I prefer just knowing that I have all the episodes of a great Anime in a boxset in my room. ^_^
Also sometimes to make sure I know what I am buying I usually just look for trailers or clips of certain Anime on Youtube. It feels much better just having all the episodes legaly and just sitting their ready to watch at any time Y'know?.

Yeh, I get that, but I also know how trailers etc. can be deciving. So there I go buy my nice box set to go "Actually this sucks" andbe unhappy i wasted my money. I guess, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Aaron said:
Ryo Chan said:

Pssh...25 years of not having series spoiled by people too dense to use spoilers tags after watching their stolen anime is better than nothing! -_-

i think your missing the point :p

the fact that they're getting released early is because we have no room in our prisons

so the worse that will happen is a slap on the wrist, and lose your net connection.

Unless the goverment aproves my plan to turn Manchester into a giant prison city where prisoners fight to the death Battle Royal style :wink:

Back