ILC Prime to release The World of Narue in the UK

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
EyeOnAnime.co.uk have noticed that UK DVD distributer ILC Prime (aka "INT. LICENSING AND COPYRIGHT LTD.") are going to release all 12 episodes of anime sci-fi comedy "The World of Narue" as one DVD collection for £19.99 on the 29th of May.

ILC Prime's other UK anime releases include Project A-KO and M.D Geist as well as budget hentai series "... Of Darkness", all of which are English dub only and seem to have been sub-licensed from US anime distributor Central Park Media.

These ILC people seem to be bringing out Central Park Media releases only, which is good as MVM don't seem to have picked any up, this means that there is the possibility of Ah My Goddess The TV being picked up for release in the UK, i need to check out the rest of CPM's catalogue to see what else could possibly be released here, but this does look promising, i just hope the quality of the box is good :D

Anyone see this up on the BBFC site? I hope they at least include both language tracks. So far nothing up on play.com's future releases.

Edit: CPM are odd. Historically they have licensed an awful lot of rubbish or mediocre anime and done a disservice to the really good titles they had (e.g. taking 3 years to release all of Patlabor).

World of Narue though is only just being released in the US by them AFAIK. It was on hiatus for a while. I have never been particularly excited about CPM's dubs either.

DaNiMé said:
These ILC people seem to be bringing out Central Park Media releases only, which is good as MVM don't seem to have picked any up, this means that there is the possibility of Ah My Goddess The TV being picked up for release in the UK, i need to check out the rest of CPM's catalogue to see what else could possibly be released here, but this does look promising, i just hope the quality of the box is good :D

Ah! My Godess TV is Media Blasters's property, not CPM. Other stuff you might see includes Alien 9, Shadow Star Narutaru and a whole raft of various hentai/adult oriented stuff. There seems to be a lot of niche and hard to classify stuff amongst their catalogue...

Gawyn said:
DaNiMé said:

Ah! My Godess TV is Media Blasters's property, not CPM. Other stuff you might see includes Alien 9, Shadow Star Narutaru and a whole raft of various hentai/adult oriented stuff. There seems to be a lot of niche and hard to classify stuff amongst their catalogue...

Ah, i forgot about Media Blasters, MB and CPM seem to be similar to me, well i hope that MVM start doing MB titles :), thx Gawyn :D

"Now and Then, Here and There" is the best thing in the CPM catalogue and Alien 9 and Narutaru look good too, but I would hate it if any of them were released over here as dub-only. It would be a massive let down.

ive seen this seire on fansub and i loved it ive always wanted to own this seire on DVD but i did not think it would ever come out over here. im very happy with this news :). nice to see that this lable is releaseing something decent too.

"Now and Then, Here and There" is the best thing in the CPM catalogue and Alien 9 and Narutaru look good too, but I would hate it if any of them were released over here as dub-only. It would be a massive let down.

NaTHaT didn't meet my expectations, I had heard alot of great things about it but felt it wrapped up way too quickly to be honest, didn't find it particularly "difficult" to watch either.

Ramen89 said:
NaTHaT didn't meet my expectations, I had heard alot of great things about it but felt it wrapped up way too quickly to be honest, didn't find it particularly "difficult" to watch either.

Now and Then, Here and There is an emotional rollercoaster ride of an epic! The brutal first half of the story kept me watching and wanting to see more. I do agree with you however, that it was wrapped up a bit too quickly without it all settling down.
It's certainly in my top 5 anime series.

Alien Nine was okay, nothing that special considering the lack of scope and time that they had to work with. It's best to get it with the mangas as you can continue on with the story as it just ends. I think fans of slice of life anime would appreciate it more than what I did.

As for the topic itself - The World of Narue is probably something I'll never watch straight away - but if it's cheap enough I might pick it up on a whim.
________
Lm001

Back