iisanArt

Okay it's amateur hour all up in here!
I'm well aware my stuff isn't the best right now, but I'm determined to make sure that it becomes just that. I really enjoy working on stuff like this, completing something and seeing that you've improved has got to be one of the most satisfying feelings in the world.
When I make better stuff then this (probably after exams) I'll post them too :)

Nice wok :) the incursion of the background really adds to the piece, i can't comment on how it compares to the original version of the character since i've still not seen that anime :p

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff

It's very good. The background montage really added there, as black said.

What did you use for the drawing?

Thank you for the comments :)
Yeah, the backgrounds are cop-outs, I just used photos I took on a trip to Amercia, sneaky eh?

@chaos: I start by drawing the character with pencil and paper, I then scan it up and use my tablet to to trace the lines of my sketch in photoshop to get some lineart to work with. I then add colour, shading and backgrounds, also using photoshop. Thanks for expressing an interest!

May be sneaky but it works :)

You use a similar process to me with two exceptions, one i just use the scan with some cleaning up to provide me with sturdy line art and two i'm still using a 5 year old copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 :lol: If its not broke why fix it?

Liking your second picture btw

BlackWolf said:
still using a 5 year old copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 :lol: If its not broke why fix it?

Niiiice. I'm quite unloyal when it comes to software and kind of hop around till I find whats comfortable. Photoshop and my tablet get along well so I'm using that at the moment. I've heard good things about something called Sai as well though which I might check out if I can find it.

And thank you for the comment :)

iisan said:
BlackWolf said:
still using a 5 year old copy of Paint Shop Pro 8 :lol: If its not broke why fix it?

Niiiice. I'm quite unloyal when it comes to software and kind of hop around till I find whats comfortable. Photoshop and my tablet get along well so I'm using that at the moment. I've heard good things about something called Sai as well though which I might check out if I can find it.

And thank you for the comment :)

Bra'- Corel Paint 11 is what you wanna use with your tablet. Trust me- it's outstanding.

Hey lookin nice, if your using the tablet for the linework, its very nice indeed, very confident, would be interesting to see you try an original character too, test what youve learned so far, keep it up:)

I've designed some in sketches but I have trouble coming up with poses getting the body proportions right, I think I need to take a life drawing class or something to get more familiar with drawing the human body. And yes I use my tablet for the lineart, thank you!

Poses are my weak point as well and i still can't do them right, but practise makes perfect, i would be intrested to see what original characters you come up with :)

Propotions is something you'll just learn on the way, i've seen some artists purposely alter them for artistic effect (like making the legs longer then the arms, or making the head smaller to build an imposing character)

iisan said:
I've designed some in sketches but I have trouble coming up with poses getting the body proportions right, I think I need to take a life drawing class or something to get more familiar with drawing the human body. And yes I use my tablet for the lineart, thank you!

Certainly life drawing is essential as far as Im concerned..........but heres the next best thing, great site for practice, particularly the 30 second pose viewer^______^
http://www.posemaniacs.com/

BlackWolf said:
i've seen some artists purposely alter them for artistic effect

Yeah, I doubt I'd ever find myself being 100% faithful to human anatomy, and I'd probably do something much like that but I believe that you've gotta learn the rules before you can break them, you know?

@Outlaw: This looks increadibly helpful, thank you for the link. I'll get some serious life practice done with this (... after exams). :)

oh i understand :) Just don't be put off by mistakes in the beginning, my early sketch books are testament to that.

@Outlawstar i may have to to use that site as well, then i can come up with other poses intead of just "looking to the right whist thinking" or "standing cockily"

BlackWolf said:
oh i understand :) Just don't be put off by mistakes in the beginning, my early sketch books are testament to that.

@Outlawstar i may have to to use that site as well, then i can come up with other poses intead of just "looking to the right whist thinking" or "standing cockily"

:lol:

Poses and idea's are easy to think of....alot harder to put into a drawing. as you know by my naruto vs ed design...i had to change the whole design because the poses i was trying to draw where too difficult to do it justice.

I guess the more and more you 'get' the whole human proportions thing the easier it is to put them into more complicated poses on paper.
At least that's what I'm hoping I'll find!

iisan said:
I guess the more and more you 'get' the whole human proportions thing the easier it is to put them into more complicated poses on paper.
At least that's what I'm hoping I'll find!

It's true but then prespective goes and messes things up :lol:

Ha no prob guys..........and yeah perspective can be tricky, but I find it very fun to experiment with, woudlint worry about it till you have the rest somewhat down you know?

Back