Idolm@ster 2

Yeah the first time I had the chance to switch leaders I completely froze... your instant reaction is "wow, this could really... [think for a minute]... go terribly wrong!" :lol: So I have still never even tried it. ^^;

Ok, I'll make one post here about my late entry to the party, then sneak away.

I started playing last night, though I haven't progressed very far as a week of overtime didn't give me much of a window to play.

My first unit is being led by Makoto, with Hibiki and Chihaya supporting her. Makoto's image reminds me of my favourite old H!P member, Yossi, and she's also very cute. Hibiki didn't appeal much at first, but she really won me over in the demo and now I think she's adorable. I chose Chihaya because of her serious personality and she provides a good contrast. That or I like dark hair.

Our first single is Meisou Mind because it's an awesome song.

For the first playthrough I decided to go in completely fresh without looking anything up and the only DLC items I have so far are the freebie accessories. There will definitely be a lot of mistakes made, but nevermind!

It's very difficult to stop playing and turn the PS3 off...

R

Rui said:
Ok, I'll make one post here about my late entry to the party, then sneak away.
:D You tease.

I started playing last night, though I haven't progressed very far as a week of overtime didn't give me much of a window to play.
You can consider that method acting for the life of an idol!

My first unit is being led by Makoto
An excellent choice, of course.

For the first playthrough I decided to go in completely fresh without looking anything up and the only DLC items I have so far are the freebie accessories.
You have come in at just the right time to have enough wool related items to make something that looks nearly "sensible", too! The DLC will overcome you soon enough, though. :s

/could have bought a brand new game instead of getting most of the DLC from Catalog 3 last month

I'll see what volume 4 has to offer in terms of DLC, and perhaps splurge a little before my next playthrough. I already have some PSN credit lying around, but it's earmarked for Kyun! Vampire Girl :D

Chihaya and Hibiki have been bickering recently, and Makoto has been making a lot of cute, screwed up faces as a result. I wish I could afford more outfits, since even the demo had more than my humble selection. The cash is starting to flow in, thankfully.

R

Hopefully they will put #4 up on Monday. I need to decide whether to buy anything from that, or buy the remaining items from #3 to get the Ami/Mami hand-puppets. D:

Rui said:
My first unit is being led by Makoto, with Hibiki and Chihaya supporting her. Makoto's image reminds me of my favourite old H!P member, Yossi, and she's also very cute. Hibiki didn't appeal much at first, but she really won me over in the demo and now I think she's adorable. I chose Chihaya because of her serious personality and she provides a good contrast. That or I like dark hair.

Our first single is Meisou Mind because it's an awesome song.

Very nice choices! I was thinking of going along a similar group when I eventually get around to my Makoto playthrough (I'm on week 23-ish after owning the game for months, and i'm still on my first playthrough, so this is going to take a ridiculously long time :D) It's nice to hear that you're enjoying it though :)

You have come in at just the right time to have enough wool related items to make something that looks nearly "sensible", too! The DLC will overcome you soon enough, though. :s

sigggggggggggggh. The only reason I haven't used my japanese psn money yet is because I've been so busy with coursework. The downside is I now have more than 2 catalogs to choose from and only enough money to cover one.....I'm beginning to get rather scared of this impending choice... D:

Actually...This is my first, and likely last, friday that I've had off for quite a long time...Think I might just attempt to marathon as far as possible and just have a nice relaxing day....

I need to decide whether to buy anything from that, or buy the remaining items from #3 to get the Ami/Mami hand-puppets.

Well this just sounds totally ridiculous...

...yet somewhat awesome...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DKWfGlqSzs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1DKWfGlqSzs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

But only if you buy virtually all of the DLC from #3. ^^; It is the best selection of DLC so far though, imo.

That...That is actually amazingly brilliant!

But only if you buy virtually all of the DLC from #3. ^^; It is the best selection of DLC so far though, imo.

Having just looked I had no idea Ai was a part of catalog 3. So now I also have to choose between Miku and Ai....

I've obviously missed some news thanks to not having a pc to constantly get online with, did anything come of the Macross rumours/code that was found? If so i'd likely get Sheryl in a heartbeat...

I could definitely go for Sheryl too if she materialises.

I also want Miku (despite her obvious inferiority to Rinrin normally) but I'll be strong and wait for the new catalogue details! My idols will just have to make do with their weak wardrobes for this playthrough.

Edit: Status update after getting a little time to play on Friday evening.

I finally stopped Hibiki and Chihaya from squabbling, only now Chihaya is in a really good mood on her own. It's nice seeing her happy for a change, though. My single debuted at #96 but rose to #88 the next week. It's held steady there despite Hibiki having spent most of the campaign looking as though she's about to punch me in the face. Getting the hang of dealing with them, I think...

It was quite hard to pass the last audition (an ambitious one for national fans) but I eventually scraped through in first place. We definitely need our teamwork back in one piece and some better nicknacks soon.

R

The National auditions are pretty huge for pulling in fans, well worth the trickiness I think.

As for Chihaya being surprisingly happy... that might scare me more that anything! O_O

Aww, but Chihaya is a sweetie. I think I might make her leader in my second playthrough just so that she can :| at me more.

The problem with Chihaya being the only motivated one soon went back to squabbling, this time between her and Makoto. I decided to try to nip it in the bud quickly but the problem was soon taken out of my hands by the boss pushing me into the big event against Ritsuko's group. Although I felt bad for the girls (after the obvious trampling we received), I did get a huge kick out of meeting Kuroi-Shachou >_>;

Anyway, I've finally bought some new items (at last, a decent and affordable amulet appeared too) and everyone's back in good spirits, and our second single (GO MY WAY) is coming up for release. Our first single peaked at 87 so if we can keep it together for the next few weeks hopefully this one will be an improvement.

R

Needs more Kuroi-Shachou...

Our second single is now at number 70 after a lethargic start, which is an improvement but not a spectacular one. Hibiki got down in the dumps during the campaign, aggravatingly, but she's cheered up again now. Our unit is an emotional rollercoaster since I often make mistakes...

I'll reward them all with some new accessories once poor Producer scrapes together some more funds.

One festival we did allowed for two guest stars, so I picked Miki and Takane. I'm slowly warming to Takane (her silliness from what I've seen so far in the anime helped).

Somehow the volume 6 LE with G4U was purchased after I watched the anime disc (it was on special offer >_<). I think I'll be going for the plain LEs for most of the volumes though. Hopefully I can slot the missing volumes into my budget before volume 6 comes out so I'm not tempted to take a peek out of sequence.

R

I'm having a spate of truly terrible ideas at the moment, so I'm just going to go with this one until it crashes and burns (That won't take long.)

In a drunken stupor the other night it seems I registered a tumblr account and...I have no idea what to do with it. So I thought to tie this into Im@s 2 because I am sad that I've not played Im@s 2 for months. So...er.....Im@s 2 blog go? Would...People be interested in that? It's going to be completely non-serious...Until I get to the point where I actually take it seriously.

...this is a terrible idea isn't it? :\

Either way I've started playing again and...Now Miki and Takane are fighting. Worst producer ever...That and my third single has barely charted above my second. I'm considering scraping this playthrough and starting over to be honest!

Ahaha, sick idea! Not about scrapping the playthrough though, you might as well see it to the end so you can carry stuff over.

I'd read it (so long as you gave a nudge when there were significant updates, as I'm forgetful). Reading about Producer's dreadful mistakes keeping Takane in check can be more entertaining than a flawless playthrough, anyway :D

R

ilmaestro said:
Ahaha, sick idea! Not about scrapping the playthrough though, you might as well see it to the end so you can carry stuff over.

Rui said:
I'd read it (so long as you gave a nudge when there were significant updates, as I'm forgetful). Reading about Producer's dreadful mistakes keeping Takane in check can be more entertaining than a flawless playthrough, anyway :D

Alrighty! I'll give it a go as of tonight then. I don't have any ideas for a structure or anything so it'll probably be badly handled, especially at first. Any constructive critisism will be welcomed with open arms!

fablun said:
I don't suppose there's any way of learning Japanese that requires little or no effort on my part? I want to play this so bad. Japan gets all the cool games ;_;

Sadly, nay. It also doesn't help if you've forgotten a lot of the Japanese that you learnt! A stop start experience indeed :D

Alrighty, time for round 1!

Not too happy with this first post, although to be fair I kind of knew I wouldn't be. I have no way of capturing directly from the PS3, otherwise i'd toy with the idea of doing videos rather than photos, however I'm looking at getting better quality images for future updates. Not quite sure how that'll pan out though.

I'm trying to improve my writing skills a bit with this little project too, so criticism is more than welcomed!

Edit: Changed the domain name. I vastly prefer my steam handle to my bog standard old years ago handle. Plus my old one could come back to hit me in a bad way so new one is good.

Nice!

Heck yeah I’m L@dy!!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, I have grown my hair out, so that I don't have to join in with the Touma jealousy.

Finally, your post reminds me that I was toying with the idea of buying a video capture card...

Back