Idolm@ster 2

I've now finished it a second time. This time I managed to grab 4 of the IA awards. Unfortunately I only managed to get songs up to positions 3 and 4 on that charts.

I think next time I'll test out hyper mode. On the whole the game has across as fairly easy so far. Either because of guide abuse, or just the fact that all the mini games are exceptionally easy. I've no idea who I'll be using this time though.

ilmaestro said:
MikeP said:
ilmaestro, how goes getting started?
Intense! People say Dark Souls is hard and mentally tough to play, just try playing iM@S after you don't choose the right dialog option and end up with a Normal Communication!

Up to about week 14, am just about to release my second single (GO MY WAY!!) after having my first one (MEGARE!) burn out in the mid-80s ranking.

I have a bit of an unbalanced fan-base having taken on Miku in one of the Special Fes - even losing to her netted me about 15,000 fans in that area. In my defence, I did perfect every appeal in my song (and she doesn't actually thrash you as hard as Ryuuguu Komachi do), but it feels weird compared to the numbers you gain after any other event at this stage.

That "just... one... more... week" feeling is quite strong. :s

The rock paper scissors game... I still don't think I've worked out how to lose reliably, even though I lost my first four and only just accidentally won one right at the end.

Also, Iori's dere side is too much in the few interactions you have with her. :lol:

Event difficulties, and therefore fan rewards are based on how high you've managed to get in the charts so far. Once you hit the top 20 all events will give you 20k+ fans.

Check the wiki I linked earlier in the thread if you want to know how to lose rock, paper, scissors consistently.

I bet you'll love Iori's section of the extra episode.

MikeP said:
I think next time I'll test out hyper mode. On the whole the game has across as fairly easy so far. Either because of guide abuse, or just the fact that all the mini games are exceptionally easy. I've no idea who I'll be using this time though.
I'm quite looking forward to seeing how hyper mode changes things, I agree that the minigames are super easy. I haven't been using a guide though (I can read Japanese), and it is pretty hard imo, so I think maybe the guide "abuse" (hey, my prefectural geography is pretty bad, so I've been using a map for that at the very least) has changed your view of the difficulty a bit.

Event difficulties, and therefore fan rewards are based on how high you've managed to get in the charts so far. Once you hit the top 20 all events will give you 20k+ fans.

Check the wiki I linked earlier in the thread if you want to know how to lose rock, paper, scissors consistently.

I bet you'll love Iori's section of the extra episode.
Hmm, that's interesting, I was still like 89-ish in the charts when I did that Fes vs. Miku so I wonder if it does break the game a little bit.

Yeah, I'm tempted to check the "answer" to the jankenpon game (I'm so scared to pick Yukiho in case I make her upset ;_; I feel like Makoto and Miki are strong enough to take it)... I'll play a few more and if I still can't work it out I'll check.

And man, I can't wait for the extra episode. :) Azusa and Iori are pretty much my #2 and #3 girls after Makoto.

The guide 'abuse' was basically me finding a good strategy for scoring in the Audition/Festival/Live gameplay. That alone basically gives you a huge advantage.

Looking up "good" answers to questions was also helpful, but I think I won't bother with it next time. For the most part it felt like a waste of time.

Hmm, atm in the performance sections I just repeat basically the same thing over, do the three appeals once each to keep them fairly level (not sure if I should be min/maxing except for times when a director has asked for a specific type) and then hit L1 to switch girls (I have no idea if this has any affect on normal appeals).

When I get burst I switch over to Miki and let her go crazy. Still not worked out the best time to use omoide appeals, either at the very start, right after your first burst, after your opponent bursts, if you're slightly behind your opponent in burst meter... the game presents you with a surprising range of options.

I only just bought an amulet that sounds decent though, so hopefully that will help me pick up my scores (usually around 10-12k atm, although I did score 15k vs. Miku without getting to use a burst).

ilmaestro said:
Wow, that's nuts, although that must be second playthrough to have a decent amulet.

Certainly going to be the case for me. I can't get near enough money for some of the stuff at the shop. Expensive!

Played a few more weeks. Not much to note other then Ryuuguu Komachi kicking my butt (I assume story scripted or am I just plain bad? :p) just enjoying taking this nice and slowly. Although, as has been previously said, that "one more week" feeling is strong...

Haha, yeah, I would love to see the strategy that allowed you to not get your ass whipped by Ryuuguu, at least on your first playthrough, they're way stronger than Miku, even! :)

That's impossible. It's a fixed event, and I don't think it's even possible to score that much - they reach 90,000 points on hyper mode.

I really shouldn't be playing this tonight, considering how early I have to be up tomorrow, but dang it its been far too long! Now that the HDMI problem on the tv that the ps3 is hooked up to has been fixed I feel far more immersed and wanting to give this a proper go. Ironically when I got to the title screen my dog started howling in his sleep. Has...Has he missed this as well...?!

So one of my days started off by Miki complementing Takane and Haruka, following up with lets give it our all. They then had a vocal lesson. They didn't give it their all. Obviously their spirits have been crushed by the shocking* defeat to Ryuuguu Komachi! I'd buy some new pretty dress for a routine but...I've already tried that and spent almost all of my money! Actually that's a good point i'm running pretty damn low!! My danketsu seems to be a bit off as well. Then Haruka fell over a lot. Argh it all needs fixing...

88th is where my first single "i" finished on the charts for me and I've chosen my second song. I'm sure I had a list in my head of what I was going to do and when but that's long gone. I think I was going to leave this till last as it's one of my personal favourites but I needed a peppy song to pick everyone up - Go My Way! It should also help to get me to keep playing.

Also I do wonder whether i'm...Doing this wrong or not. I'm on week 13 and I've only hit producer level 7. I think I need to do more lessons but i'm really not sure. Also when should I be thinking of changing outfits? Every few weeks or every time a new single is released? And should I be stacking my stats towards one thing, like vocal, rather than spreading it out evenly?

*Not shocking what so ever.

I change outfits p.much every time I get the chance to. D:

I also still can't decide what to do re:stats. Unless there is a specific request, I need to start experimenting more with min/max strats.

The highest level you can get to is 16, and you probably won't need to be higher than 14 for most of the later difficult auditions etc.

I don't think outfits have any effect outside of stats so change them when you get a better one/bored.

I expect you'll have almost no money for the first few playthroughs. But then you don't particularly need it unless you're desperate to reach the top of the chart. As long as you have enough to afford most events except promotions you'll be fine.

My experience suggests getting one stat higher than the others is more beneficial because of the way multipliers act.

MikeP said:
The highest level you can get to is 16, and you probably won't need to be higher than 14 for most of the later difficult auditions etc.

That's good to hear. I shouldn't have any problems getting to 14.

I don't think outfits have any effect outside of stats so change them when you get a better one/bored.

Oh heck! I'm going to turn into maes and just change it at every chance I get now! D:

I expect you'll have almost no money for the first few playthroughs. But then you don't particularly need it unless you're desperate to reach the top of the chart. As long as you have enough to afford most events except promotions you'll be fine.

It really doesn't help that Lucky Rabbit is having a sale! Stuff to buy!!

My experience suggests getting one stat higher than the others is more beneficial because of the way multipliers act.

Yeah this is what I was pondering. I think my biggest stat boost clothes give me a lot of Dance so I might lump them all on that and focus on that and appeals.

I'm still trying my hardest but week after week Haruka, my leader, is still heartbroken. I will never forgive you, Ryuuguu Komachi...!!!

Although seriously I'm doing as much as I can - I think. With morning commus i'm focusing on her and getting her answers correct, even if it messes up Takane and Miki, and i'm doing evening commus successfully in an attempt to greatly raise it. Yet 4 weeks on and she's still down...

Also Lucky Rabbit sale has wiped me out yet again. No money. Nothing. But I got some pretty clothes and accessories! That's what counts right? Right?!

Oh and I have the matter of a psn card on route for the dlc. But...Now that there are two packs...

Ok quick serious question. After about 9 weeks Haruka is still downtrodden. Danketsu and Haruka being messed up shouldn't be happening *this* long should it?! To make matters worse - Takane is getting stuck in...I'm making sure to pick options that will satisfy Haruka the most over Miki and Takane but it's not changing much. I'm also not failing the evening commus so I don't think that's a factor...

Apart from that it's not going too badly. Second single was/is 64th, and for my third single I've chosen Megare. I've also received my psn card today so I've got to decide on what DLC I want...

MikeP said:
http://imas.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Status_Indicators_(Idolm@ster_2)

Which of the problems is it? Maybe you should try not being overly nice to Haruka, the problem might be that her status is too positive in comparison to the others.

It was The Sulker before it became In-fighting. I guess that means that Haruka's not sad anymore at least...

Also everyone kept coming back, at the end of the day, really sad despite doing really well. I think i'm being a bad producer!

Back