Idolm@ster 2

MikeP said:
The most recent PS3 DLC contains Kyun Vampire Girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XpgnMsAZA

Looks like I'll be playing the game again and buying some more psn credit once my uni course finishes.

Oh goodness, yes. I still have the psn credit on my account that I bought around the time when the first pack came out. I was still deliberating over it, but I'm fairly sure I just found my answer! (And of course, Ryo is a nice bonus!)

ilmaestro said:
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, I have grown my hair out, so that I don't have to join in with the Touma jealousy.

Finally, your post reminds me that I was toying with the idea of buying a video capture card...

Thank you! I'm toying with the idea of much smaller and compact posts, but more focused in the future. I know I'm not going to be including anything repetative such as training, that's for sure.

I wish I could grow my hair out, but alas! I might actually try to cosplay as Touma, cause well "if you can't beat them"...

A video cap card would be great, although I'm not sure how much they go for these days. What would you use yours for, fighting game footage? I seem to remember getting my behind handed to me from yourself back in the days of Super/Normal Street Fighter 4 pretty well! :p

Hahaha, I would indeed be looking to use it for fighting games, as well as some iM@S stuff I was thinking of. Another side project I was going to do was Giant Bomb style "Quick Looks" of Japan-exclusive SEGA Saturn games for a buddy's website, but capping from the Saturn might not be as straight-forward.

Also, I really need that head-bob gif re: K!VG. Ended up with a load of PSN credit ear-marked for JP Vita games and thought "but there'll be so much more iM@S DLC in the next couple of months..." and saved most of it. :lol:

ilmaestro said:
Also, I really need that head-bob gif re: K!VG. Ended up with a load of PSN credit ear-marked for JP Vita games and thought "but there'll be so much more iM@S DLC in the next couple of months..." and saved most of it. :lol:

Aha, Champion! :D It will be exceptionally tempting to use Kyun Vampire Girl in my current playthrough, but I'm thinking of sticking to just barebones non dlc for this run through. What will be, will be!

Speaking of, here is another horrible part of the progress. (Last time i'll directly link, I just changed the url is all.)

What I find quite interesting is that I mentioned in here about not being sure whether to stat pad anything specifically, and yet my vocal has shot through the roof leaving the other two behind. I certainly didn't mean to do it, but I notice that I'm playing a lot more strategically to build up my vocal for the bursts.

Also should I be extremely worried that I have yet to pick up an amulet? Was hoping to get one that raises my vocal but...Yeah. I think the blog explains well enough why I haven't bought one yet! :p

Also I think i'm falling for the black Luxury costume. It...It's so sparkly...

ilmaestro said:
I remain entertained!

I'm happy for this at least. I do feel like it's a bit...for want of a better word, stale. Bit worried i'm not that entertaining I guess :\

Part 3 is up anyway and it's finally nice to have an amulet. Although I am wondering if there's something i'm doing inheritantly wrong as I didn't raise the charts AT ALL, despite huge fan advancements in all areas. Is it because I mostly went for auditions instead of Lives?

I know it's my first playthrough but I still feel rather lost! :p

Having just seen the anime I'm pretty dissapointed these never get an Eng release, Ive always enjoyed sims/rpgs and these sound like fun.

I realise the fanbase in the west is limited but you'd think theyd cover the cost of translation, esp if they avoided a costly advertising campaign. Plenty of DLC potential too which they love.

Translation would be a pretty epic journey for this game, I would guess. But you are right that it is a total money sink once you get someone into it, I just think you might be underestimating the truly low-tier number of people who would actually be prepared to pay for the game in the first place.

ilmaestro said:
Translation would be a pretty epic journey for this game, I would guess. But you are right that it is a total money sink once you get someone into it, I just think you might be underestimating the truly low-tier number of people who would actually be prepared to pay for the game in the first place.

Actually...There's a Q&A with Victor Ireland of Gaijinworks here, with the 3rd to last paragraph being relevent to this conversation. I...Don't like the sound of those potential changes (The loli angle? It's not like Ami or Mami are running around with their skirts on their heads...) but...It's interesting that someone thinks they could get it to work for a western audience.

I'm not sure how I feel personally, but I do wonder if the scope for profit is there. I look at myself and remember that when it was announced all I could think about was potentially importing it which, thanks to some discussion with our Maes over here, obviously happend. Ever since IM@S 1 I always wanted to own the games and, despite not actually going for the psp ones, the ps3 port made it possible and a no brainer in the end. I was willing to pay a lot of money to import it, whilst my wallet is crying at all of the dlc which i've managed to avoid so far. Kyun Vampire Girl's got me though, can't escape that one :(

Anyways part 4 of idol blog is up and...yeah. Going to need to come up with a word stronger then trainwreck soon. Both in and out of the game :lol:

I have instapaper'd the interview for later. But...

MercenaryRaiden said:
all I could think about was potentially importing it which, thanks to some discussion with our Maes over here, obviously happend.
I feel like I am being subtly blamed for something here. :p

ilmaestro said:
I have instapaper'd the interview for later. But...

MercenaryRaiden said:
all I could think about was potentially importing it which, thanks to some discussion with our Maes over here, obviously happend.
I feel like I am being subtly blamed for something here. :p

Haha, Not my intention. If anything i'm thankful you helped pushed me over the edge to be honest. Always wanted to own an IM@S and just needed a little nudge in the right direction!

However, the day that I crack and buy all of the dlc at the same time? Yeah, then we have a problem :lol:

But on a more serious note I'm wondering how far they're going to go with the dlc. Considering nothing ever happend with the Sheryl or Ranka code (And I guess it's a bit too late now for any impact as Frontier is over) I wonder if they'll ever bring in some of the old songs from IM@S 1 in bundles. I would adore having Aoi Tori for sure. Or what do they do with the successful Cinderella girls stuff? If they did it quick and rode the current wave then they could make some good money...

...Or would they be saved for a potential Idolm@ster 3?

I would guess they will look at a new portable version soon, either Vita or more likely 3DS now that Ninty has OKed the concept of DLC, so that could change things in that regard.

Part 5 is up...And it was going so well too :D

I honestly have no idea how it went up that fast. Absolutely ridiculous. In the space of one week all I did was one paid publicity. Are publicity events *that* good!?

Other than that the timing of The World Is All One compared to Ready is really threatening to muck me up. I barely scraped through that one audition because I kept messing up the perfects, and even the goods. Is it me or does the song pick up in tempo and pace part way through as well? I think I might be getting paranoid though :lol:

Also being my first run through...Kind of scared that I didn't hit the top 20 now. My girls all looking depressed! I'll have to nail this make up audition...

Last edited by a moderator:
So THAT'S what Hell Training is! Huh.

Still - Hooray for actually successfully passing the IA audition, although admitedly it was pretty tight in the end. And then the next day I manage to limp out of an audition and my final song only debuts at 84th. I'm wondering if I'm always destined to have horrendous luck after doing well :lol:

But in all seriousness I'm guessing it's not normal for me to enter the charts that low, even though it's my first playthrough? I have plenty of fans everywhere and they're all happy...Am I doing something clearly wrong that I can't see, or is this something that will get rectified with better gear and amulets?

Better gear is pretty important, yeah. Also read up on some strategy for maximizing your score during performances, if you don't feel like you are getting the most out of them.

Back