Iceland volcano causing a nightmare for uk aircraft

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
so i'm sure you've heard all the news about this volcano in iceland and how bad it's hitting air traffic

but it really is amazing how much by

http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

this shows every comercial aircraft in the air over europe

look how empty it is above north london

scary

A recent screenshot from a live feed:
plane1.png

memorium said:
lol, britian needs to man up
I couldn't agree more. Just fly around or below the goddamn ash clouds - it's not like you can't see them. AFAIK it's only bad for jet engines and wouldn't even effect propeller aircraft or dirigibles (I knew it was a mistake to abandon dirigibles. Now there was an elegant mode of air travel).

ayase said:
memorium said:
I couldn't agree more. Just fly around or below the goddamn ash clouds - it's not like you can't see them.
Never mind the fact that clouds carrying dust particles can disperse and spread further.
Zin5ki said:
A recent update, this time involving economics:

planesz.jpg
That image sums up my thoughts on Iceland. F*ck 'em.

Oh noes, going to be stuck in sunny France. Somebody heeelp...

Edit: Actually, in the long run, this delay is going to be more of a pain than I thought xS

Zelgadis said:
The country that gave the world Bjork? They have geothermal power plants and a lesbian prime minister. They're going to become a data haven, it looks awesome. I wish this country only had 300000 people in it.

Zelgadis said:
ayase said:
memorium said:
I couldn't agree more. Just fly around or below the goddamn ash clouds - it's not like you can't see them.
Never mind the fact that clouds carrying dust particles can disperse and spread further.
Never underestimate my level of general recklessness. The number of hazardous substances I've dealt with without masks, gloves and goggles is many. Hell, my dad showed me that you could wash spray paint off your hands with petrol when I was about twelve. These things have never had any discernible effect.

Have they?

ayase said:
Zelgadis said:
The country that gave the world Bjork? They have geothermal power plants and a lesbian prime minister. They're going to become a data haven, it looks awesome. I wish this country only had 300000 people in it.

Zelgadis said:
ayase said:
memorium said:
Never underestimate my level of general recklessness. The number of hazardous substances I've dealt with without masks, gloves and goggles is many. Hell, my dad showed me that you could wash spray paint off your hands with petrol when I was about twelve. These things have never had any discernible effect.

Have they?

watch Nat Geo more oftern

u'll have seen the seconds from disaster ep when a 747 decided to fly through and ash cloud and end up in the side of a mountain killing atleast 300 people after engine failier

after only 5 minutes

Saw this earlier, though I'd show you all, it's from the Norwegian meteorological institute

lavalamp.gif

Black = Areas where the particles are expected to reach the ground by itself.
Red = Areas where particles are expected to reach the ground through weather.

You know i've been thinking there's been too much dust lately. God damn the Iceland, if it isn't their Bjork now it's their volcanoes

>>Xel<< said:
Wondering how that's bad....

ayase said:
...Hell, my dad showed me that you could wash spray paint off your hands with petrol when I was about twelve. These things have never had any discernible effect.
Isn't that what everybody does ? I've only came to know there was these lovely rubber gloves to deal with cleaning after my cleaner actually demanded some.

chaos said:
>>Xel<< said:
Wondering how that's bad....

ayase said:
...Hell, my dad showed me that you could wash spray paint off your hands with petrol when I was about twelve. These things have never had any discernible effect.
Isn't that what everybody does ? I've only came to know there was these lovely rubber gloves to deal with cleaning after my cleaner actually demanded some.

Sarcasm, my dear~

Back