I need some help buying new shows!

Dracos said:
Of the list I have seen Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade and Gungrave. Out of those I like them all to different degrees, but the one I would recommend would be Gungrave.

In other words, even though I haven't watched either Burst Angel or Kiddy Grade, my assumption was correct.

Aion said:
Dracos said:
Of the list I have seen Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade and Gungrave. Out of those I like them all to different degrees, but the one I would recommend would be Gungrave.

In other words, even though I haven't watched either Burst Angel or Kiddy Grade, my assumption was correct.

You right, probably not. I just don't want to recommend something to spend money on that may not be the best in their genre.

On the second list which I just saw. I would recommend Elfen Lied, Gunslinger girl and Mezzo. Others can suggest reasons not to.

One piece! If you like anime, or anything, then you'll love this! You'd probably like BECK, too; It's about a band, but also slice of life (a bit like fruits basket and all that) about him getting friends, etc; They're both really good fun and well worth atleast a try! :)

And, although I haven't watched it, you'd probably like Paranoia agent. It's quite dark. Oh, and I'm assuming you've seen it already, but if not - Death note! :D

I have got Boggiepop Phanthom,Haibane Renmei, Paranoia Agent, Afro Samurai,GITS season 1 & 2,Noir, Beck, Madlax,Mushishi,Death Note! They are all good quality shows!

If you like lesbians and a plot which is all over the place which never gets anywhere I highly recommend Burst Angel. Opening is great though.

Yeah, Aion, I think you'd love Burst Angel.

I can only comment on the first series (.Hack//SIGN) an enjoyable series, if you want action though go elsewhere, its a prequel to the first set of games. But you won't have to have pplayed the games in order to watch the series.

devilrules666 said:
So what about the dothack series? I have heard mixed reviews about the shows

.hack//SIGN is very good. It's slow, and that puts many off it, but the story and characters are excellent. And, since the story occurs 6 months before the story of the .hack games and the characters only make cameo appearances in the games, it isn't simply a cheap tie-in - it's more than good enough to stand on its own. If not for the pound currently being so weak, I'd recommend you import the R1 Anime Legends set.

.hack//Roots, however, is poor. If you watched .hack//SIGN and thought it was slow then you're in for a nasty surprise when you watch it. Unlike .hack//SIGN, which offered a totally new prequel story involving different main characters than those who appear in the original 4 .hack games, .hack//Roots focuses on the same cast that feature in the .hack//G.U. games. Nothing ever happens because the 'story' is only allowed to build-up to the start of the first game - it can't reveal the games story or even give details about the mysteries because it's only meant to show what happened just before the start. Prepare for a lack of events and animation if you watch it.

.hack//Trilogy, the CG movie that covers the events of the G.U. games, is pretty good. The CG is a +2 version of the in-game cut-scene graphics and looks amazing even in SD. The story is a little rushed due to it only lasting 80 minutes, with cuts to less important characters, filler stories and plot changes having to be made to fit it all in. These edits/changes hurt it because each .hack game had a HUGE amount of filler that was included in order to make 3 short games last longer, but it was still great to watch. It beats Advent Children in the battle of the CG video game tie-ins...not that that's saying much.

Edit: Here's the best part of the movie...

Link

The fight stole a lot from Naruto (Kyuubi mode) and Bleach (Ichigo's training)...which makes it even more awesome.

devilrules666 said:
cool thanks a lot! I heard about dot hack twlight? is that right ? what is that about?

do you mean .Hack//Key of the Twilight? I've not seen the anime series but have read the manga. Its more comedic and light hearted then the other offerings, and in the manga anyway there is cameos of characters from the game and anime series.

cool cheers blackwolf! does anyone have a opinion on sakiano, noien and madlax? this has been very helpful for me so i appericate all the help you guys are giving me!

devilrules666 said:
cool cheers blackwolf! does anyone have a opinion on sakiano, noien and madlax? this has been very helpful for me so i appericate all the help you guys are giving me!

Saikano: No. Just, no. One of the worst series I have watched, ever. It is very poor in every detail; It's story line. It's characters and development. Hell, everything is crap about it. Aion's review on it was quite good.

As for the other two, no idea. I've never even heard of madlax; I've been told noein is good, though.

You seem to have tastes similar to mine so I'd recommend Eureka seven (if you don't mind huge series) as it's got some good mecha fights, decent music, great characters and it's just fun. It focuses very heavily on the character development so that becomes the main focus which then makes the mecha fights etc. seem to come ou of nowhere and be a little more interesting.

My-hime is pretty good, good animation, good characters and some decent fights but it does lag at the end a little (if I remember right).

Samurai champloo is good and you might like it since you have afro samurai. It mixes comedy and action quite well without making the characters seem silly so you'll always take them seriously still.

Of your list though I've only seen 3, bubble gum is good in my opinion and quite fun to watch but also a little shallow on the character development. Burst angel I kind of liked but it's not great and not something you need to go out for. FLCL is awesome, I think it's my favourite anime. I just love the atmosphere of it and it's a great anime.

xX-Sigil-XxxX-Otaku-Xx said:
My-hime is pretty good, good animation, good characters and some decent fights but it does lag at the end a little (if I remember right).

wrong way round, it lags at the start then kicks ass in the end :)

Back