I need some help buying new shows!

You might enjoy Crest of the Stars, a character-focused space opera about two very different people and how they come to better understand one another during their perilous adventure together. Be warned, though, that it's low on action.

And I think you'd enjoy Gungrave. It starts off as a gripping crime drama chronicalling the rise of two best friends through the ranks of a criminal organization, but later turns into a zombie-blasting, video game-style tale of revenge. Too cheesy for me, but entertaining nonetheless.

I don't think i could recommend much actually, but from what i hear FLCL is definitely worth a look into, its one i plan to get when i have the chance. Also on the note of gundam, since you are buying them, Gundam Wing isn't actually that bad, i know a few weren't to fond of it, but i didn't mind it, and the movie for it, Endless Waltz wasn't half bad either. Though asides from that, i'd say look into Gundam 00 when its released here or in the US.

On Negima, i honestly wouldn't go near the anime personally, i think the manga is your best option on that note, and as for Suzuka, i couldn't say really.

FLCL

Brillant if you like the randomness of Excel Saga this tops it, also from the same company you should see Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, another of Gainax's own makes

Burst Angel: Never watched, nor do I really care to do so. Going on the DVD covers, it's a shallow series about women getting out of the kitchen and using guns. I'm not too interested in that sort of thing.

Kiddy Grade: Read the above.

FLCL: It's highly rated, almost seeming over-rated. It must be ****.

Bubblegum Crisis 2040: Isn't it, like, really old and a bit crappy looking? I think I got a crappy looking DVD from the series for 99p...

Gungrave: One of the best series in existence. It's to anime what The Godfather is to Hollywood...or, rather, it's got the best gangster plot in anime. Harry MacDowell pisses all over Michael Corleone.

Ok so I will leave Burst angel for now. FLCL i will pick up. Gungrave is another one that i will look into. A couple more if you guys don't mind! Elfen leid, Getbackers, Peacemaker, Gunslinger Girl, Aqurian Age and Mezzo! i appericate the help guys!

Elfin Lied

Yes Yes so yes

that is if you like high quantities of gore :lol:

the others like Getbackers and Mezzo i heard are good, though i havn't personally seen them

Gunslinger Girl is very good. The premise seems gimmicky and exploitative, but it's handled well.

Mezzo TV has a fantastic first episode, then the budget runs out. If you haven't already, buy the OVA instead.

Otaku-san said:
Elfin Lied

Yes Yes so yes

you forgot nudity :p

(though personally i wouldn't recommend it, heard a lot of good things about it but when i finally finished it, i didn't like that much, it was okay but not something i'll be rewatching in a while)

BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Elfin Lied

Yes Yes so yes

(though personally i wouldn't recommend it, heard a lot of good things about it but when i finally finished it, i didn't like that much, it was okay but not something i'll be rewatching in a while)

Elfen Lied isn't too bad, i'd recommend it too. Its not as bad, gore/nudity wise compared to the manga its based off of though. If you where to look for the manga though, you wouldn't be able to find it at all in any shops since its release was japan only. Its a good read though and does continue past where the anime finishes.

Arbalest said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Elfin Lied

Yes Yes so yes

Elfen Lied isn't too bad, i'd recommend it too. Its not as bad, gore/nudity wise compared to the manga its based off of though. If you where to look for the manga though, you wouldn't be able to find it at all in any shops since its release was japan only. Its a good read though and does continue past where the anime finishes.

Well i've heard some things about the manga version like that Kohta doesn't forgive Lucy at all when he learns the whole truth but on the whole would you say its better then the anime?

@devilrules666 Not sure what else there is to recommend really...Actually have you seen Full Metal Panic! yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackWolf said:
Arbalest said:
BlackWolf said:
Otaku-san said:
Elfin Lied

Yes Yes so yes

Well i've heard some things about the manga version like that Kohta doesn't forgive Lucy at all when he learns the whole truth but on the whole would you say its better then the anime?

@devilrules666 Not sure what else there is to recommend really...Actually have you seen Full Metal Panic! yet?

Before goin' on about elfen lied, i'd back up seeing Full Metal Panic!, and if you do enjoy both that and FUMOFFU, get TSR imported and possibly start getting the light novels.

On Elfen Lied, i would say its better yeah, as to by how much, i'm not entirely sure. Its ending isn't to bad, and of course, you do find out what happens after the anime events and where things lead on from there, so if you want to know more on that its a good way to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the list I have seen Burst Angel, Kiddy Grade and Gungrave. Out of those I like them all to different degrees, but the one I would recommend would be Gungrave.

devilrules666 said:
yeah i have got fullmetal panic already! I will try out the magna as well! is the gundam magna any good?

When it comes to Full Metal Panic!, i wouldn't go with the manga as much to be honest, sure its decent enough but not as good. Go with the Light Novels, if you're up for some good reading that is. You should be able to find the first three light novels on up1 if you wish to look into them.

Back