I need some anime recommendations

Invisible Crane

Adventurer
Okay I've not bought any anime for about a month now and I want to get something new. The problem is that I'm kinda stuck on what to get, to give an idea of what I want to get I've got an interest in the following titles...

-Mushishi
-Shuffle
-Kanon
-Trinity Blood
-Pani Poni Dash
-Gurren Lagann movies

Any suggesstions please?, thanks in advance though keep in mind there are some titles I would love to get like Excel Saga and Gravion but ADV going out of business has made them impossible to find

Reaper gI said:
Kanon--> AIR, CLANNAD (Afterstroy)
PPD--> other stuff by SHAFT: Moonphase, Hidamari sketch, Dance in the Vampire bund etc.

Thanks but I assuming from the way you've listed the titles that it looks like I already have the titles I listed on DVD, I don't just so you all know

What have you got/seen and liked. It's easier to give sugetsions from that.
Yup I misread, but those are titles like them/ generaly with same audience.

Reaper gI said:
What have you got/seen and liked. It's easier to give sugetsions from that.
Yup I misread, but those are titles like them/ generaly with same audience.

Got, seen and liked huh?...

-Sgt Frog
-Gurren Lagann
-Queens Blade
-Azumanga Daioh
-Lucky Star
-Death Note
-Tokko
-Welcome To The NHK
-Ouran High School Host Club

to name a few

AD+ LS, yup you'd like PPD and Hidamari sketch.
Ouran: Maybe Kare Kano if you haven't seen it, another atypical shoujo series with some comedy elements, and it runs out of money spectacularly at the end.

KANON, AIR, CLANNAD (Afterstory), should see at least one of them, you have no apparent aversion to bishoujo. CLANNAD Afterstory is the best of them, first season starts weakly tho'. AIR is better if you want to check what they're like first, even if the ending is a bit odd.

Darker Than Black, mate. Not everyone likes it, but the majority agrees that it's a very good anime (meaning: open to many categories of fans [aka mainstream], given its various genres and good execution).
It's my personal recommendation as well. :lol:

If you're experienced with horror/mystery and like it (and are fast to catch up to facts) go ahead and enjoy Higurashi. It's a very emotional title despite its genres.

Also, you could try taking a look at top-100 lists. They're generally the same so it doesn't matter where you search (talking about major anime sites, anyway). I'd recommend Animenewsnetwork's, but I think myanimelist.net and animenfo are also quite good.

Darker Than Black is going for about £16 at a few stores (about £20 less than what I paid; although I don't regret it one bit). Try this site (yes, it's 95% reliable on prices).

mangaman74 said:
If you like Tokko then how about Elfen Lied

Got Elfen Lied

Ryo Chan said:
If you liked shuffle you may like Negima, i'd also say Haruhi and Lucky Star

Got both and I've not seen Shuffle. Oh and btw I just bought Kanon which is the first anime I've bought in a month

AD+ LS, yup you'd like PPD and Hidamari sketch.

In regards to PPD, I would like to get it but the Funimation DVD release does not appear to have any of the extras from the ADV release which is a problem because I probably need the extras to figure out all the references in it (kinda like with the Vid Notes in the Excel Saga DVDs, though that show is impossible to find now)

Paranoia Agent is a good one if you like series that are engaging and a total mindf***, the ending is a bit of a let down but most series are anyway

I would think everybody's seen it but Samurai Champloo as it's not really a story-driven series but more about the development of the characters, also has a lot of blood, swords and implied sex in it (dub's pretty good aswell)

PartiallyMetalAlchemist said:
Paranoia Agent is a good one if you like series that are engaging and a total mindf***, the ending is a bit of a let down but most series are anyway

I would think everybody's seen it but Samurai Champloo as it's not really a story-driven series but more about the development of the characters, also has a lot of blood, swords and implied sex in it (dub's pretty good aswell)

I would love to get Paranoia Agent but the only way to get it at the mement is the UK release and it's been cut and I'm anti censorship so that's out of the question, and I've got Samurai Champloo

Anyway I've got another series I've taken an interest in getting (and it's cheap too because it's on Funimations S.A.V.E range), Kurau Phantom Memory...anyone got anything to say about this show?

Invisible Crane said:
Anyway I've got another series I've taken an interest in getting (and it's cheap too because it's on Funimations S.A.V.E range), Kurau Phantom Memory...anyone got anything to say about this show?

Kurau is not a bad show it has a great opening few episodes but for me it slips a few times between there and the end.

Your opening list has a pretty good mix of shows that I think are probably worth owning.

With Kanon be ready for a few emotional moments.

For a good shojo series look for Nana.

For some good action/violence look towards Black Lagoon and Baccano.

School Rumble is a decent school comedy.

Back