I might leave this place

Status
Not open for further replies.
CG, went alittle OTT with the word moron there :lol:
I like draco's, talk to him about work things and don't think ANYONE should be banned.
Don't think he's homophobic and if anything appeared to you as homophobic i guess he didn't intend it.

Even if he did, instead of ranting isn't it better to be the grown up and rise above it?

Find it alittle funny the way your ranting at draco's when Lupus inu said something upfront with no signs of joking....strange that you haven't said anything to him? If you can rise above one then rise above all. petty squabbles are meaningless. in a sense most are here to maintain a peaceful forum, well if thats what most are aiming for hows about these childish "battles" stay off the forum? This isn't a schoolyard/playground whatever, its a place where i'd expect people to act responsible and mature. thats directed at all users.

For someone who just recently slagged off an entire religion (which is called bigotry where I come from), you seem to be overreacting to a minor (probably unintentional) slur over sexual orientation. So some homophobic retard riled you up a while back, fair enough. It seems you're taking that unrelated incident out on Dracos though saying "I know his kind."

Is it just me or is this forum descending into juvenile flaming all the time now?

Tachi- said:
Even if he did, instead of ranting isn't it better to be the grown up and rise above it?

I know exaclty what he intended, being the moron he is.

Find it alittle funny the way your ranting at draco's when Lupus inu said something upfront with no signs of joking....strange that you haven't said anything to him? If you can rise above one then rise above all.

I know Lupus Inu was joking, he made it clear that he was yesterday in the Chrono Trigger thread :s

This isn't a schoolyard/playground whatever, its a place where i'd expect people to act responsible and mature. thats directed at all users.

Indeed, you'd expect people to act mature and not like stupid, nasty, homopboic, idiotic morons like Dracos. I have so much hatred for that waste of space right now; I really do.

Martin said:
For someone who just recently slagged off an entire religion (which is called bigotry where I come from), you seem to be overreacting to a minor (probably unintentional) slur over sexual orientation. So some homophobic retard riled you up a while back, fair enough. It seems you're taking that unrelated incident out on Dracos though saying "I know his kind."

Is it just me or is this forum descending into juvenile flaming all the time now?

All forums turn into this at first the only people who join usually have the same personality as time goes on the forums becomes more and more open and then FREE FOR ALL!.

I think CitizenGeek is just over-reacting and suddenly lashed out at Dracos after holding in all his bottled up emotions and hatred for people "like" Dracos which all kicked off with his inappropropriate remark. I can understand how he feels, but yeah, he did totally just break out of the shell this time around. CitizenGeek has had to deal with this for quite some time and before him there was Skikes, it's just another day on AUKN, geiz.

Martin said:
For someone who just recently slagged off an entire religion (which is called bigotry where I come from), you seem to be overreacting to a minor (probably unintentional) slur over sexual orientation.

There's a difference between religion and homosexuality, no? Last time I checked one was a set of beliefs and rules, and another was an un-alterable sexual orientation.

So some homophobic retard riled you up a while back, fair enough. It seems you're taking that unrelated incident out on Dracos though saying "I know his kind."

It's not just that; I know and have experienced the kind of nonsense Dracos spews. He's a silly homophobe, but understands that expressing his real homophobia would be unacceptable so he slips it in, in the form of a comment that essentially says "stop talking about being gay". His kind does exist, and they make me sick.

"All" the time? :s

CitizenGeek said:
Tachi- said:

I know exaclty what he intended, being the moron he is.

Find it alittle funny the way your ranting at draco's when Lupus inu said something upfront with no signs of joking....strange that you haven't said anything to him? If you can rise above one then rise above all.

I know Lupus Inu was joking, he made it clear that he was yesterday in the Chrono Trigger thread :s

This isn't a schoolyard/playground whatever, its a place where i'd expect people to act responsible and mature. thats directed at all users.

Indeed, you'd expect people to act mature and not like stupid, nasty, homopboic, idiotic morons like Dracos. I have so much hatred for that waste of space right now; I really do.

Just rise above it, its not worth the added atmosphere on the forums and you getting stressed over it. if you don't pay attention to people then they *in general* give up. so chill :)

Ohh i didn't see that thread, oh nevermind then :lol:

Lupus Inu said:
I think CitizenGeek is just over-reacting and suddenly lashed out at Dracos after holding in all his bottled up emotions and hatred for people "like" Dracos which all kicked off with his inappropropriate remark. I can understand how he feels, but yeah, he did totally just break out of the shell this time around. CitizenGeek has had to deal with this for quite some time and before him there was Skikes, it's just another day on AUKN, geiz.

I don't want any one's sympathy, but what Lupus Inu says is essentially correct. I'm sick and tired of being undermined by morons like Dracos (before him, it was Kurogane, before him it was Aion and skikes has done it, despite being gay himself) because I decided to actively participate in a thread about sexual orientation and reveal that I was - shock! gasp! - a gay. It was a thread that I didn't even make. It's just beyond tolerable by this stage, and it doesn't help that forum staff (Martin) sides with said moron. I hate Dracos. I hate him ;]

CitizenGeek said:
Martin said:
For someone who just recently slagged off an entire religion (which is called bigotry where I come from), you seem to be overreacting to a minor (probably unintentional) slur over sexual orientation.

There's a difference between religion and homosexuality, no? Last time I checked one was a set of beliefs and rules, and another was an un-alterable sexual orientation.
Sure there are differences but prejudice in EITHER situation is unacceptable in my eyes. I can PM you my thoughts on why Islam in of itself is harmless if that helps clear things up. You seem to be implying that homophobia is unacceptable bu anti-islam is fine, which I'm sure is not what you meant at all.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm not forum staff, nor am I standing by Dracos' ill-informed and thoughtless comment.

CitizenGeek said:
Martin said:

"All" the time? :s
Well, it is a lot more than it used to, certainly.

CitizenGeek said:
It's just beyond tolerable by this stage, and it doesn't help that forum staff (Martin) sides with said moron.
Err, y'know, it's not really about sides. It's possible to criticise without actively supporting something, and, more relevantly, saying something like, "Dude, you're overreacting" could just be friendly advice.

Martin said:
I can PM you my thoughts on why Islam in of itself is harmless if that helps clear things up.

That would be awesome. I love hearing other people's thoughts on religion :]

You seem to be implying that homophobia is unacceptable bu anti-islam is fine, which I'm sure is not what you meant at all.

Of course I don't endorse discrimination or prejudice against Muslims. Being anti-Islam (i.e. opposing an openly homophobic, misogynistic, corrupt group of organisations) is a-ok in my books, and totally different than hating Muslim people.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:

I don't want any one's sympathy, but what Lupus Inu says is essentially correct. I'm sick and tired of being undermined by morons like Dracos (before him, it was Kurogane, before him it was Aion and skikes has done it, despite being gay himself) because I decided to actively participate in a thread about sexual orientation and reveal that I was - shock! gasp! - a gay. It was a thread that I didn't even make. It's just beyond tolerable by this stage, and it doesn't help that forum staff (Martin) sides with said moron. I hate Dracos. I hate him ;]

Hate is such a strong word, dislike?
come on mate, im trying to tell you as nice as possible to calm down, don't pay attention to what people are saying, when you openly announced your sexual preferrence you knew there was always going to be the problem of homophobia against you, and no im not trying to side with things or say "you knew it was coming" im just trying to say, maybe the reason people say things that piss you off is to watch your reaction. its like putting a coin in a machine, give it enough and your going to get something back... don't fall for it, just chill and learn to laugh things off. trust me, thats when you know you've already beaten them.

Tachi- said:
Hate is such a strong word, dislike?

Nope, 'dislike' is far too feeble a word to describe my views on idiots like Dracos.

come on mate, im trying to tell you as nice as possible to calm down, don't pay attention to what people are saying, when you openly announced your sexual preferrence you knew there was always going to be the problem of homophobia against you, and no im not trying to side with things or say "you knew it was coming" im just trying to say.

Sure, I should have expected it. But I was clearly naive and thought that people on AUKN wouldn't care, and wouldn't throw it in my face every chance they got (Dracos's - you know, the moron - recent addition is but the most recent example). In any case, you are clearly siding with Dracos - which you are perfectly entitled to do, but please stop acting like you're being objective when you've already stated you liking for Dracos. It's unforetunate you keep such vile, ignorant and disgusting company, though.

Jesus Christ guys!

Let's just leave it there, look at what this thread has turned in to!
It started by people getting annoyed by DNH who people thought was acting inappropriately on the forum, Is this appropriate for the forum?

Can someone lock this thread before people start getting really upset/angry/offended or can everyone just calm down.

Is it just me or does CG overreact a lot recently? Stress getting to you? :lol:

Oh and if anyone wants my serious thoughts, [which are probably unnecessary, as i'm not competant enough to stand up to walls of text by the opposing sides]~
I think CG is overreacting. And i feel Dracos was not wrong to post his opinion. CG does seem to be reading too much into it.

Maltos said:
And i feel Dracos was not wrong to post his opinion.

Of course he is. That also applies to me, though. Sorry.

LukusROAR said:
Can someone lock this thread before people start getting really upset/angry/offended or can everyone just calm down.

I'm pretty much already at 2 of those - angry and offended - already, so locking the thread isn't going to stop that ;]

CitizenGeek said:
In any case, you are clearly siding with Dracos - which you are perfectly entitled to do, but please stop acting like you're being objective when you've already stated you liking for Dracos. It's unforetunate you keep such vile, ignorant and disgusting company, though.

*coughs* i've said i like him, but that doesn't mean i've taken sides. my view on this is purely to calm the situation before it becomes stupid. im not taking sides and thats the end of it. im also trying to be nice to you and say to calm down. so technically speaking im on your side too.

I think CitizenGeek should just store up that hatred until someone makes a new Square Enix related thread in the next few days and unleash it all upon me in which I will be ultimately uneffected.

Yeh, cmon guys. Especially CG. Calm down. Just because he doesnt like the way, or disagrees, with the way you display, or treat, your sexuality, how does that prove his opinion towards anyone esle? You cant just say you know "his sort". He may just dislike the way you treat it and act.

Lupus Inu said:
I think CitizenGeek should just store up that hatred until someone makes a new Square Enix related thread in the next few days and unleash it all upon me in which I will be ultimately uneffected.
I agree. Those are fantastic if i'm in need of a good laugh.

And your avatar change confused my pitiful human brain. I wondered who the hell you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back