I Give Up!

skikes said:
thats actually what im doing, went to the shop today and bought loads of mints and gum.

im kinda scared now that im gonna put on loads of weight cause i original started to keep my weight down and as a replacement for blow lol... ya know ur basic 14yo's problems lol

Just be ready for alot of coughing for...well life really. As your lungs start to clear up you'll be coughing up all of the nasty stuff. I suggest either joining a gym and doing cardio or going for a walk/jog anything that you can do for exercise. Time to get your lungs back in training.

You would most likely put on weight as the cigarettes kills your appetite.

ok so its been a day now... nearly lol

and ive only had 2 fags! its not perfect but its certainly better than 40!!

yay go me! :D

skikes said:
ok so its been a day now... nearly lol

and ive only had 2 fags! its not perfect but its certainly better than 40!!

yay go me! :D

It's a start. Nicotene is a mental addiction, hence all the coughing etc. That is going to be your body rejecting the carbon and tar as the hairs on the inside of your lungs begin to grow again. After 3 days you a pretty much on the home straight and it's when your most likely to say "Bugger it" and take it back up again.

If you really, really want to give up then your willpower is gonna need a foot up it's backside but still the first week is the most crucial to quiting smoking.

And just think, by stopping now and never smoking for the rest of your life you've more than halved your chance of cancer and lung problems. keep clean for the rest of your days and you will have 90% more chance compared to if you smoked 40 a day.

I got told off of a friend of mine, who quit smoking for about 8 months, before returning to the abit once again.

Anyway, for him he said it wasn't so much the 'compulsion' to smoke, but that his hands felt extremely fidgety without a cigarette in them, and that it eventually caught up with him.

For others, I hear it's the same except they don't feel right when they haven't got something to passify their mouth with, and some have resolved that need with certain candies/chewing pens etc.

Drop the mafia a line, and ask them to break both your arms. :wink:

Many find it hard to just not have something in thier mouth. Replace it with a pen, lollypops or hell even chocolate ciggies you get from the corner shop.

The devil makes work for idle hands. I also have a buy one get one free offer on arm breakings at the moment.

Nyu said:
Many find it hard to just not have something in thier mouth. Replace it with a pen, lollypops or hell even chocolate ciggies you get from the corner shop.

The devil makes work for idle hands. I also have a buy one get one free offer on arm breakings at the moment.

Idle Hands, what a great movie; seen it anyone?

Hyaku said:
Nyu said:

Not to go off topic, but they killed The Offspring in that film :evil:

Nyu said:
Hyaku said:
Nyu said:

Not to go off topic, but they killed The Offspring in that film :evil:

Yeah, that was really a kick in the love spuds.

However, the general consensus on their cover of 'I wanna be sedated', was quite negative, but I thought they blew away the original; faster paced and more energetic and all.

Man, I wanna go watch it now. :x

Already a day into it but hey, good luck with that, i personally don't smoke since i think its a disgusting habit.

Nyu said:
:lol: £50 a week chewing gum addiction.

actually, ok nowhere near £50 a week, but i know someone that actually buys(or did when last i heard) roughly 5 packs of gum a day =/.

To steer the topic a little....

Has anyone ever smoked a decent cigar?

I've heard a pretty decent one doesn't cause a foul/unpleasant odour, and is actually quite enjoyable, even for seldom smokers.

If you really want a reason not to go back go look up the ingredients on the internet and youll see why they dont put them on the back.
There are around 600 they tell us,but when they are lit those 600 react with the fire the number moves into the 1000's

Good luck man.
I have a cousin who gave up recently having really researched what he was putting in his body.
He does cough a lot now but hey,sacrafices have to be made.

Hyaku said:

I've heard a pretty decent one doesn't cause a foul/unpleasant odour, and is actually quite enjoyable, even for seldom smokers.

me and my mates smoke cigars on special occassions, weddings, birthdays, Xmas Eve and New Years.

I have to say I prefer Hamlets but we have been known to light up important US cigars when the mood takes us however the cost isn't worth it as we could barely tell the difference except they smoked slower

Outlawstar said:
If you really want a reason not to go back go look up the ingredients on the internet and youll see why they dont put them on the back.
There are around 600 they tell us,but when they are lit those 600 react with the fire the number moves into the 1000's

Good luck man.
I have a cousin who gave up recently having really researched what he was putting in his body.
He does cough a lot now but hey,sacrafices have to be made.

to be honest i really don't care whats in them lol

i no how bad they are for me and i dont care... i LOVE smoking and i really dont wanna give it up but i have to :(

thanks for all ur support guys... lupus u can kiss my ass lol

Positive thinking dude, just keep in mind how much you want to quit, thinking that you don't wanna give them up won't help trust me.

You will cough for a while after quitting but don't worry about it that happens to everyone.

McIcy said:
Hyaku said:

me and my mates smoke cigars on special occassions, weddings, birthdays, Xmas Eve and New Years.

I have to say I prefer Hamlets but we have been known to light up important US cigars when the mood takes us however the cost isn't worth it as we could barely tell the difference except they smoked slower

Important cigars? What's important about them? :?

Hyaku said:

I've had my fair share of cubans and they are in a whole different ball park compared to the supermarket cigars you get here. The smell and taste vary, it depends on what you buy really.

Doberman Pharaoh said:
Important cigars? What's important about them? :?

Think he meant import.

I quit as a new year's resolution last January and haven't looked back...the first week or so's the hardest but it gets easier after that. I go running every day now too, which I probably couldn't do before.

At least it's banned in pubs now - that takes away one of the biggest incentives.

Anyways, good luck with it!

i have just went to my bin, lifted out several fag buts and made a roll up out them :eek:

let this be a warning to any1 thinking of starting smoking.. not that any1 chooses to it just sorta happens. its a serious addiction that turns u into a bin poking tramp lol

apart from this ive been doing well... just stressed due to my ex phoning me and being a KNOB!

Back