I am getting old!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
I have turned 29 today and next year I am hitting the big 30. I don't know how to feel about it. I have kind of looked back and gone damn it's gone fast. Where did all the time go ? I can't complain where things are at the moment. What with a beauiful woman soon to be my wife and a wonderful Daughter and a nice trip to Japan to come I soon be over the moon. Well I am loving it but there is the creeping dread of the big 30 hanging over my head. Am I crazy or is there other people on this forum who have gone or are going though the same thing?

Happy birthday first of all i guess eheh :mrgreen:

Im turning 30 this year and yeah it got here real fast but for me its ok. Coincidence or not, I plan to go to Japan this summer eheh Let see how it goes.

Man looks like you have everything going smoothly so just keep going like that cause it seems you're doing ok. :D

I passed thirty a few years back. At first I was all introspective and depressed about it, but then a very simple thought occurred to me:

At least I HAVE lived thirty years.

Thirty is nothing at all.

And Happy Birthday, of course.

Every year its the same, it just gets odd in people mind's :mrgreen:

Every age has is good things so its just a matter of enjoying life i guess.

Im gonna be 30 in december but i have the same tastes as like 10 years ago so i can say i still have a young spirit, though i have much more responsabilities these days of course. If it wasnt that way, it would be a bad sign of course.

Nah, this feels really odd for me, I've never really thought about my ages that much until now, it's like an actual milestone in my life and I feel that I did absolutely nothing before it. :lol:

Here are some ways to think about your age if you feel like you're going to depress yourself about it:

1 - You are "30 years of age", rather than "30 years old." To neutralize it would make you sound like you are maturing rather than matured, as we all continue to learn until our end.

2 - You are "30 years young" and still growing. Give yourself energy to do something with the life you have.

3 - Believe that age is a step in life's staircase (up, down or even rungs of a wooden bridge - your choice). You move forward with each one, and you are yet to see your last as you travel.

Happy birthday, Devilrules. May you take each step with pride and joy.

You are only as old or young as you feel. I'm 26 and still feel young. I am worried about turning 30 but if I feel like this when I hit that age then I'll be happy.

Age is not something to get depressed about. It's just a number.

MaxonTreik said:
You are only as old or young as you feel. I'm 26 and still feel young. I am worried about turning 30 but if I feel like this when I hit that age then I'll be happy.

Age is not something to get depressed about. It's just a number.
totally agree

Im 32 this year and I struggle on and off with that fact!! lol
I have to say I dont have regrets per-say....I have a wonderful Wife, 4 great kids and run my own business...none of which Id want to change! lol

But from time to time....I have a sudden rush of panic ( usually set of by an anime, music, or film etc from my childhood/teens ) and realize that there's tonnes of stuff that I wanted to do before I got to this age...but haven't as of yet.
I try not to dwell on it...essentially Im a different person, with different responsibilities now than when I was a teenager! lol Tho I do use it as motivation to get things done rather than putting them off....I don't want to get to 62 and panic about all the things I wanted to do at 32! lol

Oh and Happy Birthday for a few days ago! :)

mangaman74 said:
Happy birthday devilrules666. For me turning 30 was just like another day.

I was exactly the same way. It helps that I have never particularly wanted to do anything by a certain time in my life (my loftiest goals are rather humble things such as wanting to watch a particular anime or play a new game, so my age doesn't really matter).

R

A belated happy birthday devil.

With regards to ageing, I just enjoy myself while hoping that I can live long enough to live forever, to quote Ray Kurzweil.

Tune!

I'm 32 this year. Yes there is times when I think of all the stuff I could of done. But I'm happy the end of the day, I have my health and am actually enjoying being single living in my own flat, no stress and I can do what I like when I like (no nagging). I enjoy my hobbies to the upmost and enjoy life.

Every now and then I think, blimey that was 15 years ago! Or something like that, but that comes with age.

One thing I have improved over the last few years is my friends. I still have a close knit bunch if 5 friends that I've known for 25 years and see often. I've never been that much of a people person, I don't mind people, but I've always liked my own company. I got to the point when I was going out with other friends and the whole time I'd be thinking I'd be much happier at home or doing something else with other people. So I gradually stopped seeing and taking to a good few people and it's great, why waste you time with them?

EDIT: I work nights so my free time to spend with people is pretty limited as all my firends work in the day, which was one of the factors why I ditched a few "friends", it's like those friends that never contact you, you are always the one to contact them and they moan at you for not speaking to them in ages. Yeah, I wonder why?

Also if I want to go somewhere, but friends are um-ing and ah-ing I nine times out of ten will go by myself, be it conventions, shows you name it. It's like none of my friends are into anime and very vaguely into sci-fi, so I travel down to Sci-Fi London twice a year for there anime allnighter by myself and love it (this May will be my 9th time).

End of the day don't limit yourself, do what you want to do.

You youngsters.... :p

44 last time around, and 45 in about 7 weeks time.

In some ways I've 'grown-up' (job, house, partner) but in many ways I still feel young and carefree. I still enjoy doing many things I did when I was 20 (music/gigs, comics/anime) and just having fun.

Some good things come with age (more wealth and respect) and some not-so-good (gray hair, larger gut and more aches generally).

Back