Howdy

VoxPhantom

Stand User
Hi to all!

Been lurking around here for the past month or so, and I thought I might as well start 2012 by finally registering.

Been a fan of anime since 2009, when I first discovered Haruhi and Shana. I've had my time on the 'dark side', indulging in the less legitimate ways of acquiring anime, but I decided to stop all that recently.

When I'm not watching anime or working, I like following the comedy that is the MangaUK twitter account, whom I continue to bug asking for them to license Wagnaria/Working over here.

See you around the forum :D

Zin5ki said:
VoxPhantom said:
I've had my time on the 'dark side'
Huddersfield, perchance?
I have never ventured that far to the dark side! Aside from three years at uni in Preston, I'm entrenched amongst the bright city lights of Leeds. :p

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone - given that my first post preceded the Bandai news, hopefully nothing bad will follow this one!

Howdy welcome to the forums! Nice choice of anime to start off with! ha.ve you seen shana season 2 yet it is ok not as good as the first but still good

Welcome Vox.

Interesting choices with regards to your anime. A bit of advice - if you watch season two of Haruhi, it is best not to watch it all in one go.

I watched Haruhi season 2 through nefarious means whilst it was airing. I actually thought Endless Eight was totally worth it, the ending after all the weeks of repetition was such a hilariously brilliant moment, I don't think it can be replicated whilst watching at leisure.

VoxPhantom said:
I watched Haruhi season 2 through nefarious means whilst it was airing. I actually thought Endless Eight was totally worth it, the ending after all the weeks of repetition was such a hilariously brilliant moment, I don't think it can be replicated whilst watching at leisure.

I guess buying the DVD and watching it straight away was my mistake. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

VoxPhantom said:
I've had my time on the 'dark side', indulging in the less legitimate ways of acquiring anime, but I decided to stop all that recently.
Yeah, nah. We're pretty chill with that. Just don't talk about dl'ding licensed shizz, cos Rui will be pissed.

VoxPhantom said:
ilmaestro said:
VoxPhantom said:
I watched Haruhi season 2 through nefarious means whilst it was airing. I actually thought Endless Eight was totally worth it
I knew I was going to like you.
:D

Most people question my sanity after I tell them I liked E8!

I didn't have any issues watching E8 either when I watched it on dvd recently (I saw a few episodes at a time over the periode of a couple of weeks).

It could have been shorter, but it was still interesting in a way. Can't disagree with people arguing it got a little tedious though, even if it was an interesting idea.

Dissapearance more than made up for any problems though, loved that movie!

Anyways welcome to the forums Vox, like has been mentioned, I think most of the fanbase will probably have spent SOME time on the dark side; we can't get some stuff otherwise :)

Back