how to save money for anime stuff

Animefreak17

Godhand
best thing is
1.never be in dept
2.never borrow money ( unless its a few pounds like £5 and give it back as soon as possible )
3.dont lend money to no one (unless its someone you know that will 100% give it you back as soon as possible )
4. only get the essentials and spend as little as you can (e.g. of essentials - food, paying bills, )
5. if your buying anime on the net get the cheapest complete collection of the series you want (unless you like *BLUE RAY*)
6. if there a reward points scheme then sign up for one
7. if your one of those people who likes looking around in stores and buys anime in stores make sure you buy animes thats on sale ( internets better for buying cheap complete collection )
8. if theres anime that too expensive in stores look on the net
9 never buy nik-naks your never going to use again (e.g. i got a gumball machine and i lost interest in it after a while )
...................... anyone else got anymore

Hmm, Most of those are common sense, so don't need to be in the list.

I'd say that if you want to save money for anime (or anything for that matter) the easiest and best way to go about it is to firstly get a handle on your income and expenses.

Find out how much you have left after bills and then get yourself onto internet banking, create a ISA account (higher interest) and from your income, make a standing order so a certain amount from goes across to the savings ISA (MAKE SURE YOU SET THE DATE OF THE STANDING ORDER AS THE DAY AFTER PAYDAY, you don't want to have a bank holiday weekend throw you off and try and empty your account on your usual pay day, but due to the bank holiday the money wouldn't go in till the following working day) and try not to dip into it.

Before you know it, money will have built up in the account and you'll be able to buy anime as you please without worrying about how much money you have left in your current account.

Common knowledge of buying anime; search around for the best price. If your buying from Ebay or a website you've not bought from before, post on here and ask for help. More than likely someone will know the answer.

Tachi said:
Hmm, Most of those are common sense, so don't need to be in the list.

I'd say that if you want to save money for anime (or anything for that matter) the easiest and best way to go about it is to firstly get a handle on your income and expenses.

Find out how much you have left after bills and then get yourself onto internet banking, create a ISA account (higher interest) and from your income, make a standing order drom your current account to the savings ISA and try not to dip into it.

Before you know it, money will have built up in the account and you'll be able to buy anime as you please without worrying about how much money you have left in your current account.

Common knowledge of buying anime; search around for the best price. If your buying from Ebay or a website you've not bought from before, post on here and ask for help. More than likely someone will know the answer.
i know there common sense im just giving examples to start this thread

Sell a kidney

Drug trials are a good way to make anything up to a couple of thousand pounds as long as you're healthy and don't mind having untested products injected/inserted into various holes.

Use your body as advertising space

Sell your semen

(For the ladies) Get knocked up by someone famous and blackmail them

Blackmail someone

Become a polygamist and have your wives/husbands bankroll your hobby

Challenge Richard Branson to a speed reading contest for money (he's Dyslexic)

Sell government secrets to China

Sell blood (thank you Maxon's post)

If I think of anymore less obvious ones that aren't too offensive I'll post them.

animefreak17 said:
Maxon said:
If they're common sense then don't list them. Bloody time waster.
some people dont know these are common sense and there just examples

Have to say, i agree with Maxon here. Its common sense, hence people already know the information. Your chances of reaching someone who doesn't know this are next to zero. for instance "don't get into debt" if you've learnt what currency is, how it works, you'll deffo know that getting into debt means you can't buy anything because you don't have the money PLUS you'll need to pay off the debt before you can get back to 0 balance again.

So it serves no purpose writing it down. And infact the only thing you did do with those suggestions is to waste my time replying to a common sense post with real common sense.

My post is informative and correct; not everyone will know how internet banking works, not all will know that bank holidays will mess around a standing order on internet banking, not all know that ebay sells more bootlegged anime and merch than official produce. Which is why my post is so far the only helpful post.

(sorry unknownfate.... 10/10 for effort, though blackmail is illegal ;) )

Is there really that much good anime to buy? I mean I know anime is really expensive, especially for a poor man like me, but really there is no where near enough good anime out for me to actually worry about. Even if there was I love books, going out with friends, training, having a decent wardrobe and generally having enough money in my wallet to do what I want and relax way too much to start living like a monk for just for more anime.

hey hasn't video games, yugioh, pokemon games. watching the first few episodes of duel master, any anime that starts with a main character (goku, naruto, ichigo, luffy ect) or from the first series of battle vixens teached you guys anything.
always start at the basics and work your self from the bottom up to get better. its better to start with basics then leaning something hard right off the bat.

its like a video game you have
easy
medium
hard
very hard
for beginner you start with either easy or medium
and when you've got more experience on easy then medium you can play hard

understand the basics are important

I'm actually serious about the medical trial stuff. Locally they tend to handle treatments for allergies and stuff so it's a good way to make a few hundred quid if you don't mind taking a pill or two for a few days.

memorium said:
Not eating is a good way to save money, or so I've heard...
By swithing to cheap food, I could save about £50 per week (I tried once when low on funds at the end of uni).
For this to work you must realy, realy, realy like baked beans on toast/ baked potato.

its like a video game you have
easy
medium
hard
very hard
for beginner you start with either easy or medium
and when you've got more experience on easy then medium you can play hard

understand the basics are important
I play stuff made by CAVE and Raizing, what are these puny games you speak of. It took over ten whole years for anyone to work out how to actualy play Battle Garega properly. Or work out what picking easy normal or hard actualy did.

Reaper gI said:
memorium said:
By swithing to cheap food, I could save about £50 per week (I tried once when low on funds at the end of uni).
For this to work you must realy, realy, realy like baked beans on toast/ baked potato.

Eurgh.

I'd rather eat well than watch anime or play videogames. Nothing beats amazing tasting food.

Reaper gI said:
memorium said:
I was being sarcastic :p

Apart from the blindingly obvious part of your post (this may actually be the worst thread you've started in a little while), you missed out any decent advice like checking which companies have a habit of quickly releasing cheap boxsets, checking sites like secondspin, trsi studio sales, etc, and for UK stuff things like:

Paradox295 said:
Find-DVD.co.uk

I'm contantly aware of how much eating and sleeping are huge wastes of an already finite lifespan. If I could plug myself into an electrical socket for a few hours a day and do without either, I would in an instant.

Back