How many anime DVDs do you own at home?

Hey That Man, in the picture "zzz1.JPG", what's the box set just right of your Trigun box set? I can't quite make it out, but it looks quite interesting :p

Well spotted. That was kinda cheating. Anyway, the four individual Elfen Lied discs are R2's bought in HMV. They were the first anime I bought. More recently I bought the EL artbox through e-bay (from DVD Legacy I think it was) which contains the first volume and the printed card filler that you get in those volume 1 plus artbox sets. It's still just about my favourite series so I really wanted the box despite already having the whole series.

The rest of the box sets are full except for BlacK Cat (3 vols so far), Basilisk (5 vols so far) and Solty Rei (1 vol). Like I said, I doubt I'll finish Solty Rei.

harkins said:
Well spotted. That was kinda cheating. Anyway, the four individual Elfen Lied discs are R2's bought in HMV. They were the first anime I bought. More recently I bought the EL artbox through e-bay (from DVD Legacy I think it was) which contains the first volume and the printed card filler that you get in those volume 1 plus artbox sets. It's still just about my favourite series so I really wanted the box despite already having the whole series.

Snap, Elfen Lied is just great and i want my hands on it. I'll have a look in HMV for the dvds, How much did you pay? because i know play has them for £13.99 each.

I'll also take a peak on ebay for the box set. is the first volume with the artbox r2? But i like your setup anyway, very organised.

Nyu said:
I'll also take a peak on ebay for the box set. is the first volume with the artbox r2? But i like your setup anyway, very organised.

The box-set is from the US (R1). It cost me £19 inc postage. The four R2 discs I bought in hmv were £19.99 each but at the time they were offering a really good 'spend so much and get so much off' deal. Probably paid 15 quid a piece.

And thanks for the complement. I like to try and be quite organised. The R2 EL discs will probably go in the box as soon as I get some more DVD's, as I'll need the space.

Olmus said:
Hey That Man, in the picture "zzz1.JPG", what's the box set just right of your Trigun box set? I can't quite make it out, but it looks quite interesting :p
That would be my Trinity Blood Box Set. I must really see about taking another picture of that lot you really cant see much can you.
P.s Im loving some of these collections :D

@ harkins

I really love the way you have the art boxes displayed. Just makes them look so much cooler than them just set into the rows as normal.

Akaihane said:
@ harkins

I really love the way you have the art boxes displayed. Just makes them look so much cooler than them just set into the rows as normal.

i agree.

i wish i can show my whole collection, but then again i cant lol, i only have such small shelf space that i only put the current manga/anime i am into for display, and the rest is stored away elsewhere. -_-

That Man said:
Olmus said:
That would be my Trinity Blood Box Set. I must really see about taking another picture of that lot you really cant see much can you.
P.s Im loving some of these collections :D

Ah, thanks. Would you recommend me dishing out the cash to watch it? Or is it only a so-so anime?

Akaihane said:
@ harkins

Thank you, and Ninja Boy. I guess I'm lucky to have the space to spare but I figure that if you can afford the room it's only right to make a feature of art boxes. To me that's what they're for. Although I do appreciate that they are also often simply a more economical way of collecting anime.

Arghhh just got some more dvd's from Parcel Force and I am out of storage space, just been onto Argos and ordered another dvd wall unit, well at least I get to keep busy this week building another unit

i really feel so inadequate ^O^

i only have vol1&2 of Fruits Basket, 3vol of loveless, 4vol of gravitation and 16 mangas... hope someday i will be able to collect a massive collection as that to show my precious treasure...

hopeful_monster said:
Tasker said:
You know what they say about small acorns... :D
Does that imply you think they are a nut :?:
xx[chii]xx don't worry, it took me about 6 years to build my collection.

Nope, I think it's to do with Hollyoaks... or something. :?

*cough* Yes well... Moving on. :wink:

Back