HOTD OVA disc requests from the Expo.

I'd guess this:

Speculation time: wider distribution for the DVD

After all it's a kick in the teeth for people who bought the original series and can't attend a convention to purchase. Also I'd bet we see lots of copies on eBay for considerably more than the convention price so this would stop that profiteering.

Did MangaUK say whether they would have the complete blu-ray collection on sale at their stand? Because I might pick that up (I don't own the series yet).

Joshawott said:
Did MangaUK say whether they would have the complete blu-ray collection on sale at their stand? Because I might pick that up (I don't own the series yet).

Yeah well iv got thE complete series with OVA on blu-ray from up1 and it's only 10 pounds

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:

Yeah well iv got thE complete series with OVA on blu-ray from up1 and it's only 10 pounds
I imagine it will be cheaper online, but I'll be at Comic Con and heading to the MangaUK booth anyway, so it would be easier for me to just buy it there if it is.

animefreak17 said:
http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/H1047

I found this on UP1

Nice find, sent them a message to see if it's something they are sure they can get, if so I'll grab a copy of UP1 as it's easier than going via a 3rd party on the forums, watch this space

animefreak17 said:
http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/H1047

I found this on UP1
Ah, now that is interesting. I've been meaning to put an order in at UP1 anyway so it would make sense to just get the dvd from there, and it's less hassle for Otaku-san (thanks for offering to help btw, I appreciate it). I'll just wait and see if it's confirmed before ordering though.

Ok, UP1 have got back to me, I asked if they knew they'd have stock and isn't convention only? (meaning Manga are selling it themselves only)

The reply was "Stock should be with us next week and will be selling it online."

As such I think i'll definitely out an order in online rather than have someone pick a copy up, thank you all those who offered to grab a copy

Thanks for the PM Rosencrantz

if there is any one that wanted me to still get a copy for them, send me a PM either tonight or tomorrow

Am I the only one who keeps seeing this thread and keeps thinking "House of the Dead OVA...awesome!" this is like the third time it's fooled me now :( Surely HSOTD would be a better acronym that wouldn't play with my emotions. House of the Dead 2 on Dreamcast was incredible...

Yeah see that on UP1 myself and although I would prefer to have it on Blu-ray, I was considering getting it. However I just read Jitendar's review and they said it's an NTSC-PAL conversion. Reading that has saved me from wasting a fiver.

Emulsion said:
Yeah see that on UP1 myself and although I would prefer to have it on Blu-ray, I was considering getting it. However I just read Jitendar's review and they said it's an NTSC-PAL conversion. Reading that has saved me from wasting a fiver.

Is that just when it's sold separately?

There would be no reason for the expense of two different pressings.
The OVA DVD in with the complete BD collection has SKU MANG5320, so if anyone has the solus edition they can compare.
If there is a barcode on the case for the solus I would expect it to be 5022366532044.

PS: if anyone does have the solus from the expo, what is the listed runtime?

Shiroi Hane said:
There would be no reason for the expense of two different pressings.
The OVA DVD in with the complete BD collection has SKU MANG5320, so if anyone has the solus edition they can compare.
If there is a barcode on the case for the solus I would expect it to be 5022366532044.

PS: if anyone does have the solus from the expo, what is the listed runtime?

16mins approx. The SKU is identical (and the barcode is exactly what you typed).

R

Emulsion said:
As far as I'm aware the disc that comes with the Blu-ray and the individual disc are same.

Can't say I noticed any difference in the quality, after all it is a DVD rather than a HD source.

Why was it that Manga were only allowed to put it out as a DVD, as it seems a curious business?

robot monkey said:
Emulsion said:
As far as I'm aware the disc that comes with the Blu-ray and the individual disc are same.

Can't say I noticed any difference in the quality, after all it is a DVD rather than a HD source.

Why was it that Manga were only allowed to put it out as a DVD, as it seems a curious business?

It's not about allowances, it's about costs. It would involve either authoring the series discs over again, or authoring a separate BD 25 with a 15 minute OVA on. They can do that on DVD and sell it for £5, but I guess the lowest price that they could sell the Blu-ray for, even if it was just 15 minutes, would be £20. Would you pay £20 for 15 minutes?

Just Passing Through said:
Would you pay £20 for 15 minutes?e/quote]]/quote]
Depends what it is. For the HOTD OVA, definitely not. It's not even worth watching a second time...
As a similar comparison though, I'm more than happy to pay £45 for the Japanese Garden of Words BD despite its runtime only being around 40 minutes, same for GiTS Arise.

Back