Horror Recomendations.

Sayo

Brigade Leader
I am quite new to watching anime, but my favourite genre of anything is horror.
I was wondering if any of you kind people could recommend some things to watch? :3

Vampire Princess Miyu TV and OVA for monster of the week/different tales of horror and mystery.

In the same vein, there's also Hell Girl and Boogiepop Phantom.

Screw High School of the Dead. It's not a horror, it's just a **** anime. Shiki, Reqium From The Darkness, Boggiepop Phantom, When They Cry, Another, Ghost Hunt are all shows I would go after.

Le Portraite de Petite Cossette *
Tsukihime Lunar Legend *
Shigurui Death Frenzy (kind of)
Ghost Hunt *
Requiem For the Darkness *
Rin Daughters of Mnemosyne
Vampire Princess Miyu *
Basilisk
Berserk
Claymore
Death Note
Gantz
Le Chevalier D'Eon
Speed Grapher
Texhnolyze
Trinity Blood
Witch Hunter Robin
X The TV Series
xxxHolic
Gilgamesh *
Casshern Sins
Shikabane Hime
Black Butler
Baccano
Devil May Cry
Paranoia Agent
Serial Experiments Lain
Tokko *
Blade of the Immortal
Vampire Knight/Guilty
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Baldr Force EXE
Cyber City Oedo 808
Genocyber *
Karas
Pet Shop of Horrors *
Psycho Diver *
Strait Jacket
Jin Roh
Perfect Blue *
X: The Movie
Ninja Scroll
Hellsing Ultimate *

all have elements of horror IMO. I've starred the ones which I feel are strongly horror (Perfect Blue is one of the best psychological horror movies out there.)

devilrules666 said:
Screw High School of the Dead. It's not a horror, it's just a **** anime.
That's not how genre definitions work.

1269646422336.jpg

What I mean to say was that High School Of The Dead isn't scary so it can't be techinally be a horror. It's more action adventure. By the way don't tell me to stop posting it's a free forum bully.

devilrules666 said:
What I mean to say was that High School Of The Dead isn't scary so it can't be techinally be a horror. It's more action adventure.
I don't care if you don't find it scary, it's still classed as horror.

devilrules666 said:
By the way don't tell me to stop posting it's a free forum bully.
1272974554558.jpg

devilrules666 said:
You know what **** you. Everyone has a opinion on things. Dosent make you right.
Funny, I have checked various anime websites and they all class it as horror. So, no, it's not an opinion. But feel free to argue against the classifications of the entire internet with your own.
devilrules666 said:
Don't respond to my posts anymore I am sick of your ****.
But this is a "free forum"! :lol:

guys guys guys come on, listen i was the one who brought it up so just blame me and we can move on ok

@devilrules666

as much as i like ya i disagree HOTDs a **** anime and having zombies killing everyone is technically a horror and i enjoyed the hell out of it.

but your right its your opinion.

so lets all make-up k ^_^

Ok i think that's far enough for that. It started off ok but has fallen down a bit too far. Move back to the subject at hand and leave it be, or else. Savvy? GOOD. Glad you all listen to me.

On topic. Look to Berserk and Perfect Blue as two prime examples. Though ok i'd say Berserk is a little less so in terms of Horror, and more a medieval fantasy, but there is certainly aspects i'd say make it so. as Just Pass Through says, Perfect Blue is one of the best psychological horrors out there, so definitely check that out. They'd be my top two choices as well, i can't think of any other ones off the top of my head at the moment.

Some great mentions so far (particularly Shiki), but the one that everyone seems to overlook:

Mouryou no Hako

One of my favorite shows from the last five years, horror or otherwise.

Back