HIDIVE Discussion Thread

NoSurprises

Straw Hat Pirate
Since some of us seem to have taken the (hi)dive... pshh... and subbed to HIDIVE figured it might be nice to have a thread to discuss its successes and failures as a streaming platform.

Site seems ok so far, fairly easy to navigate, UK streaming catalogue is pretty lacking compared to the US but hey ho. Player could do with some improvements (unless I'm just using it wrong, Firefox browser);

1. Refuses to 'Auto' to 1080P for me, I have to go set it manually before it bothers to bump up. Fairly sure it's not the connection as CR has no problems, and after setting the player to 1080P it continues to play fine for the rest of the episode.

2. Refuses to move onto the next episode if displaying full screen?

Other than that, being able to set the subtitle colours is fun, and being able to pick between 'broadcast' and 'home video' subs also seems kinda quirky.

Needs a PS4 app, other than that I've been using it on my iPad and it's been fine so far. For less than £4 a month I've already got my money's worth with all the shows in my queue that I can't watch elsewhere.

Desperately needs either a PS4 app or to allow the Android app to work on my TV; having to watch on my laptop spoils it. Some design streamlining would be nice too; it’s annoying to select my single profile each time I log in and there’s so much clutter on the page that the video panel barely fits when I use my laptop. But they have some decent content and the phone app is great.

R

The lack of Chromecast support is the only real problem I have with the service, but they've stated that it will come so it's all right.

I'm waiting for Roku support myself. But it's not a deal breaker; I did sign up for HIDIVE here in the US just a couple days ago to get the slightly lower price locked in. My Roku is connected to my 52" TV in the living room, where I generally watch anime while eating my meals. But, I mainly watch the majority of my online streaming through an HTPC with a wireless multimedia keyboard connected to the projector in my basement theater, because I much prefer to watch my anime on a 120" screen with a powerful surround system instead.

I resumed for the $3.99 deal last night as I have no simulcasts I decided to start LotGH to use and get my moneys worth and I noticed problems, ep 3 wouldnt load on Safari or Chrome and Chrome told me I was over my Streaming limit (When all pages were closed literally no other programs were running at the time) and I hate the fact that I click my queque expecting it to load ep 3 for me but loads ep 1 okay its not too bad now but when I reached ep 60-70 I dont want to be scrolling through like 8 pages to find the current ep. I mean it worked better when I used it for simulcasts few seasons back kinda surprised its not working too well on its golden goose as lets face it its bigger than most of its exclusive simulcasts Id say dubs of sentai stuff, MiA and LotGH are its biggest draws.

I agree with doc saying its a pain when I click a show in my currently watching list, and it loads episode 1 making me have to scroll a bit to find the current episode.

The lack of chromecast support for their mobile app imo is a huge flaw.

I also have to forcibly select 1080p since half the time it doesn't auto go there.

Although I don't mind using my laptop to watch stuff, I really hope we get a PS4 app sometime soon as it would make things a lot easier when I'm already using the console for CR. The queue system also needs a major revamp in an effort to make it work, right now I always just go to the shows page and scroll through the episodes. Works okay for simulcasts, but I can imagine it's a huge pain for something like LotGH.

The other weird problem I have is that subtitles almost never default to English for me, so I always find myself watching something for five minutes and then hitting some dialog and realising it's not in English...

That aside HiDive has proven itself value for money imo. There is a good collection of shows on the service and last season aside they've consistently had 2-4 shows that I've wanted to stream, which is enough to justify the subscription cost for me.

It might be worth us sending this thread to their support team at some point, they’re quite responsive and fixed a technical subtitle issue I had a long time ago overnight.

R

I've been reporting my bugs as I hit them. I've not had the same problem as a few people (my subs always default to English, and my queue appears to remember which episode I was on). Like Rui said, the responses have been prompt, mostly 'Thanks for the feedback' so far though.

The last one I reported was the subtitle colours going a bit wappy when multiple people speak, you end up with this for the first line:
PxQbo4q.png

Then when the second person speaks, it changes the colour of the original line to the second speakers colour, and due to the change (and partly because I'm an idiot) I forget which sub I'm supposed to be reading:
Qc1r7y7.png

Also out of context those subs are kind of weird...

So I've decided to take HIDIVE up on their $3.99 offer, as even over two years it will enable me to finally watch LotGH for considerably less than $800. But I have one slight issue:

WVeqZFZ.jpg

Should the subtitles be this high up on the screen? That seems very high up on the screen. I can't see a way to alter their position, so if this is normal I think I'll send them an e-mail suggesting users be allowed to relocate them lower.

So I've decided to take HIDIVE up on their $3.99 offer, as even over two years it will enable me to finally watch LotGH for considerably less than $800. But I have one slight issue:

WVeqZFZ.jpg

Should the subtitles be this high up on the screen? That seems very high up on the screen. I can't see a way to alter their position, so if this is normal I think I'll send them an e-mail suggesting users be allowed to relocate them lower.
Btw a code was posted earlier in the bargain thread for a free month that is usable on active and new accounts.

More like hisubtitles.

Mine display in the same position for all shows I've watched, regardless of full/windowed. I kind of prefer them a little higher up, as I don't have to look as far away from the center image to read them.

Would dig a way to adjust them around the screen though.

I tried to sign up earlier, but when I pressed next on the pop-up I never got sent the email for registration code. I went away from the page and when I came back I couldn't see the whole pop-up any more, and no amount of trying to scroll or turn the phone worked, so couldn't complete the process even if the code did show!

I signed up on desktop since the mobile site is a bit finicky.
On a side note since I signed up I've watched a few shows and am glad I subscribed-it was worth it for Hozuki's Coolheadedness alone.

Willing to give HIDIVE a spin, which i just did with the seven day trial. But what can be viewed in Belgium is absolutely mediocre to say the least. Seems the UK has a lot more titles available. Since there are some Dutch members on here, i'm wondering if there's a lot more available in the Netherlands ?

Screen_Shot_2018_04_26_at_13_05_18.png

Wait, those are ALL the shows you can watch? I'm in the Netherlands and I can see 125 shows.
If I count just the simulcasts then there are 12.

Yep that's the gigantic offer that HIDIVE has for Belgium :eek: Not even worth taking a trial account.

[edit]Just did a fast VPN check and there are indeed a lot more shows in the Netherlands. Guess i need to re-locate :D[/edit]

Last edited:
Back