Hi2u.

Kira

Completely Average High School Student
Hi2u.

I mean uh, hello. Nice to meet you all and all those other meaningless introductory phrases!

I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself.

I was formally a Systems Developer for a large Mobile Services firm, but I quit towards the beginning of June and recently joined the Army as Airborne Infantry (Yes, I know - quite the career change). It took them a month to process my medical, that was fun - so much for rushing my application through like they promised.

Anyway, I'm the former Webmaster of the once successful Nandayo (2 years down the line, still over 2,400 google results in regards to the site - yay!), which I sold to a company who promptly shut it down, and managed to retrieve half of their money via the ever so wonderful Paypal.

I sold it since I'd been working on a different project for quite some time, and I only recently came close to completion. It's essentially what I hope to be the more community orientated and interactive Anime Portal that can be mustered up. It would of been completed sooner, but I keep coming across new ideas and libraries, the latest being Scriptaculous. ¬_¬

Of course, shifting programming language 4 times didn't help. ASP.NET, Python, Ruby, PHP.

Oh yeah, I'm 19 years of age, engaged... and stuff. You should all come to the Cosplay Picnic in London this coming September, would be fun. =O

Up, up and away!

Welcome - and nice to see another coder on the forums. I'm mostly PHP myself, though I've dabbled in JSP due to working in a place where java is the in thing.

Ah, my list is quite expansive... (digs out old CV). I'll throw in everything, too lazy to remove just the programming aspects. I'm pretty much expert in PHP5, I got into Google's Summer of Code... and then pulled out (joined the army).

JSP's okay, nice if you're working with some huge web applications.

If you ever need a lackey to help program, feel free to ask. I've been tinkering with Scriptaculous/Prototype lately and it's definitely one hell of a way to make a community orientated system (user/site interaction is flat out AMAZING... throw in a little AJAX and damn, might as well be a full blown app).

Advanced Graphics Design
AJAX
Apache 1.x/2.x
ASP (.NET /w C# & VB) (Expert Level)
BIND
C++
C#
CSS (1/2)
E-Commerce Development
Email (IMAP/POP3/SMTP) Servers
Javascript
Hardware
HTML (XHTML W3C Compliant)
Linux
MsAccess
MsSQL
MySQL
Object Orientated Programming
Oracle
Perl
PostgreSQL
PHP4/PHP5 (Considered HIGHLY Expert)
Python
SMPP
SMS/WAP Related Services
Solaris
Windows
Windows IIS Server
TCL
TCP/IP
Visual Basic
VOIP (Asterisk)
XML

Welcome to the forums!

I have utmost respect for anyone who can code Javascript and asp - the PHP/SQL is enough to get my head spinning!

Back