Hi everyone!

jjburgan

Completely Average High School Student
Hello hello!
My name's Jane, I'm British and I've been passionate about manga and anime since I was 8. My favourite mangas are Detective Conan, Skip Beat, FMA, and Attack on Titan. I draw a lot and am currently trying to be trained as an animator. Wish me luck! : )

Oh ho! Someone British! Sorry but quite a few of the guys who say hi have been from the EU mainly. If your curious about where someone is from many people on the forums are pretty open about it.

Anyway, welcome @jjburgan ! As I say to all the newbies, beware the trench of reccomends! I'm afraid we're no different to many other forums when it comes to someone telling you their favourites.

And that's an awesome idea to get into the animation industry. I haven't been drawing as I'm always thinking I lack talent, but I do have a lofty dream of creating my own animations, obviously inspired by the styles Japan uses. My stepping stone for that would be to learn drawing my own style if comics, I see how mangaka save time by not colourising their work, but as I'm in the West if I learn to draw comics I may have to colour them or be ignored.
I'm just gonna leave on a puppy dog eyed "mentor me" but it'd be far more productive to ask what kind of animation would you want to do? Our most famous stuff in the UK is stuff like Wallace & gromit and pepper pig, we don't have an industry the size of Japan's or the US

Hello and welcome from across the pond in the US!

Just recently received my Skip Beat Kickstarter Blu-ray set a few months ago - I'm sure you'll have plans to get yourself a copy when the UK release comes out soon...

You see here, @jjburgan , this is a Welsh welcome. She's north and I'm South. Legend has it @~AyaMachi~ comes South on occasion just to cause lots of mischief, but I've never seen her outside of local news

It's true, it's true, I'm just an urban myth :p

Also, put some respect on the "N" of "North", you've only given me a lower case one :mad:

;)

Psssst he’s saying you’re inferior. You should totally use your HP powers to punish him.
You're totally right dude, you're not our Glorious Cult Leader for nothing! ;)

(Note that I put all of your title in capitals).

Back