help me find a anime my dad will like

Animefreak17

Godhand
Ok two nights ago me my mom and dad finished monster and this is the first anime my dad has seen all the way though......

And he said he really liked it

He said the ending pissed him off

But he liked it all the way though......with it's mystery suspense how realistic it was......

My mon liked it too.

Now I'm in a fix here

My and my mom was the ones who watched anime a year ago to monster but my dad joined in with us...

Me and Mon
Watched

Death note
Moribito
Fma both seasons
Romeo an Juliet
Gankutsuou
Basilisk
Another
Baccono
And loads more others

My mom won't watch the same thing twice thats how she is with other media.

I was thinking

Fate zero
Black lagoon
Blue gender
Samurai 7
Ghost in he shell
Gurren lagann.....at some point

Trigun.....for luaghs
Hellsing ultimate
Shigurui........at some point

I want something the old man can get it too .....something that will make him want more......

Come on i got him on the hook...I just need to make him watch a few more to make him embrace the otaku.

I'm planning to get them to watch fate zero tonight...which I think is a great choice.

But I need more opinions...

Movies, series...

Something that will make him think.......I want to see what happens next.

Anything guys?

Agree with psycho pass and death note. Got my dad to watch FMAB all the way through but your mum's already seen that. If they like game of thrones then maybe berserk.

I was thinking of berserk but it's the ending it's like monster......it just ends with out anything being resolved.....Well anime wise anyways.

I can't watch fma again because my mom has already seen it same with death nite........which is a shame because I think he would enjoy that......maybe I could convince my mom to watch it again.

I got psycho pass but I haven't seen it yet.....ok watch it as soon as I get the rest of the series.

I just need to think and look of what he would like....I need this chance to convince him anime is great.....he liked monster so if I can keep it up he will join the force........

Tiger and bunny would be fun

What about code gaess

Il have to get my mom to watch death note again ...It's a must.

I want him to watch one of the key 3 .....for emotional weeps.....but it looks like it wouldn't be his cup of tea.

If only hellsing episodes 9 and 10 was released

Well I'd try and stick with something semi-reality based liked Monster rather than veering off in to fantasy. Something with the same tone of monster perhaps? It's easy to think "oh wow he liked monster, he likes anime" but Monster really is the sort of show that is more in tone with what a typical western TV viewer might be tempted to watch. Avoid shows with any sort of ecchi content or even chibi comedy visuals just incase it puts him off at first.

GITS:Stand Alone Complex is probably the best bet out of the titles you'd posted imo, a plausible future and maintains a hard boiled feel in some of the episodes.

How about Eden of the East?

To me, it always seemed a concept that could easily be developed into a movie. It seems an idea that could be easy to relate too? Having a set amount of money to use your way to change the world.

mangaman74......yea yea I know it's already out but I want to get the uk release.....wish It would hurry up.

PandoraHane.....good idea but remember that there are somethings in anime that people won't understand like.......Japanese culture and references...like the word neet and such......I think tiger and bunny would be awesome for him to watch.

Britguy i know that....I know it's not that simple .....It's like I said I got him on the hook and I need to pull him in.....getting people to watch anime is like fishing........

you think of what sort of bait you think they might like......choosing the anime

You wait......... watch it with them

And it's a hit or miss....the first time it was a miss with fma but it was a hit with monster and I hooked him

Pull him in..............get him to watch other great shows.

Then he is caught......his a regular watcher

I know full well not to get him to watch

Ecchi
Hentai
Moe
Subs
Unfinished anime
Nothing to complicated

I know.I know

My mom didn't like the ghost in the shell movie but maybe she will open up to the series....maybe.

Also I made a decision to watch fate zero.....which I think is the greatest anime ever.....It's mature and awesome....but the problem is with stay night.....What do you think of stay night

Should I get the new stay night and let him watch that or the 2006 one. I haven't seen the new one.

black1blade......If my dad saw code gaess I would like to see both parents reaction what they think of lelouch.....If they like him a swear there will be hell to pay I tell ya hell to pay.

What about anime that going to be released or is ready for grabs......

Attack on titan......damn why couldn't Tue second season be out already

Other then that what would you guys recommend

animefreak17 said:
PandoraHane.....good idea but remember that there are somethings in anime that people won't understand like.......Japanese culture and references...like the word neet and such......

Hmm I suppose, but once the concept of those words are explained it's not too bad? Like being out of education and employment makes sense here too.
There are a few cultural elements I suppose. It was among the first batch of anime I ever watched, and one of the first I went out and picked without knowing much. I found it enjoyable and still do to this day.

Maybe pick a few and explain the basic concepts to your dad and ask what he likes the sound of? Even just sit them out and let him read the back and look at the art style?

PandoraHane said:
animefreak17 said:
PandoraHane.....good idea but remember that there are somethings in anime that people won't understand like.......Japanese culture and references...like the word neet and such......

Hmm I suppose, but once the concept of those words are explained it's not too bad? Like being out of education and employment makes sense here too.
There are a few cultural elements I suppose. It was among the first batch of anime I ever watched, and one of the first I went out and picked without knowing much. I found it enjoyable and still do to this day.

Maybe pick a few and explain the basic concepts to your dad and ask what he likes the sound of? Even just sit them out and let him read the back and look at the art style?

I did that...I explained to him that fate zero is about heros from history come back to fight each other....

I don't think it matters as long as the story is good.

But you have a point as long as the references isn't too japanesey then there won't be a problem.

Psycho Pass is definitely a good idea. I wouldn't recommend the original Fate/stay night anime as it bored the socks off me and is much too otaku-ish for someone new. The newer series has a little more general appeal. Quite a few noitamina titles would work (I always wanted to get my dad to see The Tatami Galaxy as I think he'd love it). Does your dad have any hobbies?

Also, do you have Master Keaton?

R

Umm fate/zero is kinda a problem because (I know I've read the vn) you watch/read f/sn first then watch/read f/z. The problem is that it spoils loads of twists (and I mean loads) to f/sn. I guess though that the fact that f/sn is set in a high school will probably turn them off. Throwing them head first into the nasuverse may not be the best bet but hey if they enjoy it that's all that matters.

st_owly......really? I never knew that......where the hell have I been.

Rui..........I agree when I saw stay night I gave it a good but compared to zero..............It's like a galaxy compared to a spec of dust it seems psycho pass is a winner but again up have to wait till I get the second season......I saw tatami galaxy.....And unless he doesn't mind the plot and subs then why not give it a try.....

My dad likes sports.....And before you say get him to watch a sports anime iv only Got a few

Baseball anime
And one boxing

I don't think sports anime would do it but it's worth a shot that is If they release them in dub and there good ones.

And no I dont have master keaton.......note to self get that.

black1blade

I don't expect them to get in to the whole series like the manga or novel ect but fate zero is good for its own thing it's own story.....

Fate zero has its well.....It's own story that doesn't necessarily need stay night it's a sequel yes but il just tell them there is a sequel to this but they would have to wait til I get the newer one.....giggiuk even said in his review that zero is great for its own thing.........

I enjoyed the hell out of fate zero and class it as my all time fav.

Speaking of fate zero did you guys see that video I made on my thread.......

What about these titles I got the other day

Jormungand
Legendary heros
Arcana famiglia
Gargantia
From the New world
Robotic notes
Karneval
Devil.survivor

Any good?

Does you dad enjoy Sci-fi? If he does there's a few shows & films i'd recommend that are quite sci-fi based and aren't too out there like some anime.

Steins Gate
Darker than Black
Cowboy Bebop
Summer Wars
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Paprika

Robotics Notes which you mentioned above would also fall into the same category and from watching it recently i'd say it should be fine for a beginner.

I'd also recommend Eden of the East which was said earlier too.

Back