help me find a anime my dad will like

black1blade let wait and see.....they saw the first episode and they said it was interesting.

DragonBlaze67 he hates supernatural stuff but I think it might depend on what the story is .....

Darker than black is unfinished
I haven't seen steins gate
I don't think cowboy beppop doesn't go I to detail what is happening or what happened is you know whos past
Paprika would be ok but it feels too weird for my dads taste

The other would be a bit childish for him however leapt though time seems to be a good movie il give east of eden a go

St_owly......Ok will do

I'd definitely recommend Psycho Pass - again, in many ways a straight up police procedural/crime thriller.

Also, Eden of the East as it feels very thriller-esque too - I could easily see it as a Hollywood blockbuster like the Bourne movies or something like that.

Definitely Psycho Pass & Steins Gate, maybe Samurai Champloo too?

Terror in Resonance would be a good one once it's released.

House Of Five Leaves? Durarara?

Ok ok ok psycho pass it is

My dad isn't a very supernatural fan

He seems to like fate zero

Hey hey hey hey

We tried out fate zero on our 3D bluray player last night and by god it looked AWESOME it wasn't as great as the other 3D movies we saw but you can clearly see the 3D it looked brilliant

Lutga said:
Also, Eden of the East as it feels very thriller-esque too - I could easily see it as a Hollywood blockbuster like the Bourne movies or something like that.

I'm glad you agree, it's always been the idea I could picture transferring over well. I can imagine it, it would be a hit I think.

PandoraHane said:
Lutga said:

I'm glad you agree, it's always been the idea I could picture transferring over well. I can imagine it, it would be a hit I think.

Iv seen it it's a good idea

hey guys

yeah my dad didn't get in to fate zero he said it was to hard to understand

my mom wants to watch hellsing and ultimate so im going with that

anything you guys can recommend

he liked monster he said it was close to reality or something

Have a look over the past few pages mate most of the ones suggested are pretty close to reality and are ones you should try with your dad especially Eden of the East, Psycho Pass & Steins Gate.

A couple of films i've watched recently that might be worth trying with him too, they're quite sci-fi heavy. King of Thorn & Patema Inverted.

Death note maybe. Are they into things like the flash and arrow on tv (probably not but worth a shot) because darker than black would be a good idea in that case. Yeah, I thought they would probably find f/z hard to understand, it is quite confusing from the get go.

The thing with darker than black is

That it has two things wrong with it

It's left on a clifhanger
And
Season two

Season 1 was good but season 2 ruined it

Theres no doubt that he would like death note since its sorta like monster, it takes place in realism.

Thing is my mom has already seen it.

And yh your right it was confusing from the get go but it is a great series, its just confusing he even said it was confusing

black1blade said:
Yeah you'll handle it but will your parents.

I saw this series called sword something frenzy....and it puts all those series with gore to shame...........na I shouldn't do that to them...lol.

Just need to get the dvd of hellsing ultimate

I actually think Patlabor would be a really good series to get into. It's really laid back and the beauty of it comes from the interactions between the characters and their personalities. All the nuances and mannerisms of each character make it something you can easily fall in love with as you witness the day to day shenanigans of SV2. The first two movies are thrillers from the director of Ghost in the Shell, so you know what to expect there. Phenomenal cinematography with a chilling soundtrack and a story that is engrossing and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole say through.

If you want to go straight into the movies you could just watch the 7 episode OVA titled Patlabor: The Early Days and then all three movies, or you could start off with the 47 episode television series, followed by the 16 episode sequel OVA and then the 7 episode OVA and movies if you want to know more about the cast beforehand. It's an amazing series but it is an old one.

Outside of that, I think Cowboy Bebop is a series that is constantly used as a gateway to anime for people who don't even like anime. It's super stylish and follows an episodic approach with each episode dealing with one issue or another. Some will make you laugh, others will make you cry but either way you'll have a lot of fun with the amazing cast, awesome dub and the jazzy soundtrack.

Back