Hellow ^o^

Puzzletypo

Completely Average High School Student
Hey all :D

I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Puzzletypo (rather called "Daryl Sudden" in the internet, but well) and I'm 19 years old.
I came across this site per Google. :p

I live in Switzerland at the moment, but since I'm going to move to London next year, I thought it'd be cool to join an Anime-community from UK - so I can practice my english a bit and talk about stuff I love.

I'm spending my free time with music, movies, comics, YouTube and stuff like that. :D
I'm in a band (we're terrible) and also love filming...

I hope we get along well! ^o^

regards~

Well, you aint gonna learn very much decent english from us lot. :p

Ahem! Welcome, Typo.
In a band? That sounds cool, even if you think you're not good (there's always time to grow). Hope you keep at it. What style do you play - rock/heavy metal/punk/pop/indies?

In any case, please enjoy the stay. Also would like to know your favourite shows etc.

Thanks for the welcoming :D

I'm not moving for University, it's just that I feel more at home in London, than where I am right now - Switzerland gives me the creeps. :p

I used to like Bleach a lot, but stopped watching it at the episodes with a young princess... kinda lost my interest in that part.

I love the whole .hack-series, just haven't played the PS2-games. I adore the mangas, animes, and novels though.

Movies I'll never forget are most definitely Nausicaä, Paprika and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I consider those three as my favorite movies in anime.

The style we play is Jpop and Jrock, but I'll only be a part of it for the next half year, since I'm going to move then.

About my english - it's okay as long as I read and write more in that language, since I'm getting no practice at all over here - aside from the internet, that is. :p

you have excellent taste, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time has to be one of my favourite movies of the last decade, also, don't worry about your english, i'm sure it'll definately improve over time :)

also, what instrument do you play in your band? Just curious :)

Grüezi Herr Puzzletypo! AUKN is now gaining continental recognition, it seem.

Are you familiar with all the standard anime-related haunts in London? We have experts in our midst who can assist in such matters.

I'm playing guitar... at the moment, we're learning stuff from K-ON! and a track from the Scott Pilgrim-OST ^_~ (Black Sheep)

Grüezi Zin5ki! Haha, didn't expect someone to greet me like that :p
Nope, which haunts? So are there many Animefans in London? That would be awesome.

Thanks Kirrimir :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Puzzletypo.

Puzzletypo said:
Movies I'll never forget are most definitely Nausicaä, Paprika and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I consider those three as my favorite movies in anime.

Good taste :thumb:

Puzzletypo said:
I used to like Bleach a lot, but stopped watching it at the episodes with a young princess... kinda lost my interest in that part.

I love the whole .hack-series, just haven't played the PS2-games. I adore the mangas, animes, and novels though.

Let me shake your hand. :)
Yeah, Bleach between Bount and that princess saga was pants. But it's kicking up again. Best has to be Soul Society arc, so I agree with you on that.

Nausicaa and Girl who left through time are indeed classics. I prefered GWLTT, but my most memorable movie is Princess Mononoke.

And to add the icing on the cake - .hack. Got the games, mangas, light novels and such. I need to start the G.U saga now in terms of anime/manga (Since I cant play the games TT_TT ).

I can see we'll get along fine.

Puzzletypo said:
Haha, didn't expect someone to greet me like that :p
Nope, which haunts? So are there many Animefans in London? That would be awesome.
There are a few places to keep one's eye on. TokyoToys, Forbidden Planet, Adanami Shobo and the Japan Centre might be worth visiting on occasions, depending upon one's interests.

Welcome here - seems like you have good taste :)

Puzzletypo said:
I'm not moving for University, it's just that I feel more at home in London, than where I am right now - Switzerland gives me the creeps. :p
I've heard this opinion is not only yours...

Reevothemusefan said:
Hello Puzzletypo and enjoy your time here.

Sounds like some interesting stuff your bands playing, are you a fan of Scott Pilgrim (Books or Movie, even both?)
Thanks! :D
I'm a huge fan of Scott Pilgrim. I loved the comics, and enjoy the OST and the game pretty much. Too bad I have to wait until 6th of January until the movie's being shown here... :/

mangaman74 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum Puzzletypo.

Good taste :thumb:
Hello and thanks :D

Chaz said:
Let me shake your hand. :)
Yeah, Bleach between Bount and that princess saga was pants. But it's kicking up again. Best has to be Soul Society arc, so I agree with you on that.

Nausicaa and Girl who left through time are indeed classics. I prefered GWLTT, but my most memorable movie is Princess Mononoke.

And to add the icing on the cake - .hack. Got the games, mangas, light novels and such. I need to start the G.U saga now in terms of anime/manga (Since I cant play the games TT_TT ).

I can see we'll get along fine.
*shakes hands*
Is it? Hmm, I'd still have a lot to catch up though. T.T Soul Society was epic.

Princess Mononoke was awesome too! I love Studio Ghibli, their storytelling and art and how it all works together are superior.

.hack//link was the only game I played, even if it was a demo and in japanese - I enjoyed it pretty much. Too bad it's not going to be released in english. :/

Glad to hear that!

Zin5ki said:
There are a few places to keep one's eye on. TokyoToys, Forbidden Planet, Adanami Shobo and the Japan Centre might be worth visiting on occasions, depending upon one's interests.
Wow! Just went on the websites from TokyoToys and Forbidden Planet. I think I already fell in love... now there's more I can look forward to! :D thanks~

chaos said:
Welcome here - seems like you have good taste :)

I've heard this opinion is not only yours...
Thanks! :D
Which one - that Switzerland kinda sucks, or that I rather feel at home in London? :p

Back