• Don't miss your chance to choose your favourite anime, manga, and light novels for the Anime UK News Reader's Choice Awards 2018! Be sure to cast your vote and make your voice heard!

Hello all

Hello everyone,

I just discoevered this place the other day while googling if there were any other people waiting for Anime Limited's Christmas sales stuff still :p

I have been lurking for the last few days and thought you all seem a friendly bunch so I wanted to make an account and introduce myself. So let me regale you with my history with Anime. My first taste was from the mainstream, tbh I can't remember if it was Pokemon or Dragonball Z & Gundam Wing on Toonami but I enjoyed it all for being different to thet usual cartoons and that's were it ended for a while.

As I grew older I discovered that the Sci-Fi channel was playing this wierd thing from Japan called Anime at midnight once a week. The first thing I watched was Bubblegum Crisis and oh my god did that guy just explode? 16 year old me's mind was blown that this was a thing. I even bought the DVD's which I still have (If I knew how to post a picture of my collection on this forum I would show it off, bare with me while I learn).

So since then I have been a semi-casual collector and watcher as I would call myself (I have seen how hardcore people get, I am not that :cool:). I started reading Manga recently which my Avatar might give away what I jumped into.

Outside of Anime I also enjoy video games (PC and switch gamer primarily but own a PS4), American comic books and boardgames.

Hello @Vincentdante. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to the forums, Enjoy your time here.

Any favourite anime genre's in particular?
Thank you :), I can't say I have a favorite genre as I tend to gravitate towards different things. I like comedy animes like FLCL or Excel Saga mainly, but I also dig something more grounded like Samurai Champloo. There are also some slice of lifes that have hooked me like Baka Test. I think as long as it is well done I can find enjoyment from it.

Do you still like Pokemon? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Not the anime so much any more, but I still play the games.

Welcome XD a common and no less awesome story there. Jesus, in the era of patch & parroting I was looking on the internet when DBZ stopped airing here, the first proper series I found was elfen lied, loved it but never really got that anime was like that before I found it