Heat Guy J

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
I'm up to episode 20 on this super-fun, super awesome series and I'm loving every second of it! Has anyone else been watching this? I got the €12 boxset from Play.com- €12! It's a an absolute steal at that price and you've no excuse for not buying it! It's seriously awesome and very underrated!

Euros, where do you live, its 7.99 for me. I will eventually pick up this box set, due to its ultra low price, just not right now, i have other things *Cough* NGE Box Set *cough*

I live in Ireland, so I use euro! Sorry, should have put that in sterling, seeing as this is Anime UK and all that.

Hehe, still after that NGE boxset? Well, I got mine a few days ago and it's very, very cool! Still, Heart Guy J is absolutely awesome and at that price (for 26 episodes) it's a steal!

I got bored of it, liked it at the start, then after like... 8 episodes or so started getting into episodes which felt like useless filler, I just dropped it and will probably never finish it, ever.

Meh Light action entertainment. While not brilliant worth the 8 quid / 12 euros for a good few nights in. Same price wouldn't even get me into a movie in london, or be able to rent it from somewhere like amazon

Nah, you're all wrong! :D

Heat Guy J does have some light episodes, there are lots of deep, emotional moments! I'm going to watch the last 4 episodes today and I cannot wait to see how it ends. I've also hunted down the manga and have it ordered.

Seriously, Heat Guy J is fantastic!

Totally agree. Gets off to a great start and towards the middle section there are some fillerish episodes but it quickly gets up to speed again. It's one of my favourite series. I think its more than fun solid light entertainment.

As CG says it does have deep moments, the characterisation is fleshed out and the stories are varied and well done. It has a certain charm to it, with a well realized world and art design, and a killer soundtrack.

I enjoyed it, well worth the price. It was very easy to get into and i'd say has a high rewatch value along with Trigun and Full Metal Alchemist. It's something I can watch while doing work and I like that.

CitizenGeek said:
Nah, you're all wrong! :D

Heat Guy J does have some light episodes, there are lots of deep, emotional moments! I'm going to watch the last 4 episodes today and I cannot wait to see how it ends. I've also hunted down the manga and have it ordered.

Seriously, Heat Guy J is fantastic!

Don't get me wrong, it's a good series, but wouldn't call it a classic. Bit episodic for my taste, and never really like it when the lead is over forgiving like teaming up with the psychotic pyromaniac mobster who he spent the first half of the series trying to put in jail

Last edited by a moderator:
hopeful_monster said:
and never really like it when the lead is over forgiving like teaming up with the psychotic pyromaniac mobster who he spent the first half of the series trying to put in jail

Are you kidding?

I positively LOVE it when villains and the 'good guys' team up! When I watched Pokémon years ago, the eps with Ash and them working with Team Rocket were my favourite. And *FMA Spoiler* Lust teaming up with Ed was awesome too!

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought this a while back and its been in my to-watch list for ages, so i'll need to get round to watching it at some point soon.

Very disapointed with this series. I got it on offer, and expected a sci fi bananza, in event I got a few decent action scenes with almost no plot to back it up at any point.

Very disapointing here. Not really worth it.

Yep i got it from Play, too an absolute steal with the price and to be honest, even if it was terrible (which i thought it wasnt, perfectly decent enough) you can't really complain with the price.

The CGI was a bit of an annoyance to me, it stuck out like a sore thumb but hey it didnt appear that often and its not as if it ruined the series for me, the fights more than made up for it and i thought the city was really really immersive: living and breathing. To be honest I was cynical to begin with but by the time i was around 6-10 episodes in, i was pretty much hooked. The characters are deep enough to provide some backstory and i did genuinely care for them by the end. Hehe im so used to seeing "good" characters die in anime that it was nice to relax to a "nice" anime for once and see a happy ending :D

What I really like about the anime was all the quotes J says through out the whole anime, I just cant get enough of them.

If it wasn’t for the low price of the DVD from Play I most likely would of missed out on this anime. It just shows there is a lot of good anime you can miss. :cry:

Indeed, Heat Guy J is very underrated. I don't really know why that is - it's a very, very good series! The animation is lovely, cool characters, great episodes, fantastic music!

CitizenGeek said:
Indeed, Heat Guy J is very underrated. I don't really know why that is - it's a very, very good series! The animation is lovely, cool characters, great episodes, fantastic music!
Chill dude, everyone has thier favourites, and man would it be dull if they were all the same. Accept people may be unable to see the godlike genius of your series of choice or just enjoy tweaking people who see different... like l do with a certain someone :twisted:

Back