Heat Guy J

I think people are too uptight about series being episodic. Sometimes I just don't want to watch an entire series. Sometimes I just want to watch something with a story that wraps up in half an hour and this is one of the series that I can just relax and watch in that way. If the episode is good then what does it matter?

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I think people are too uptight about series being episodic. Sometimes I just don't want to watch an entire series. Sometimes I just want to watch something with a story that wraps up in half an hour and this is one of the series that I can just relax and watch in that way. If the episode is good then what does it matter?

Hear, hear! =D

Besides, there is a running story in the background and the charatcers are fairly well developed!

The main story was ok but I prefered the stand alone episodes. Especially the episode about the stock market(I can't remember the name off hand). I couldn't help but burst out laughing whenever that guy said "WHERE'S MY BUNNY?" though.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I think people are too uptight about series being episodic.
The problem with a series being episodic is that it limits the development you can get - no buildup to a climax, no complicated plot. Now, episodic series can be awesome (e.g. Kino's Journey, Mushishi, etc), but are actually harder to make well than non-episodic ones, as each episode must give a good impression on its own, with nothing to back it up.

Back