Have you ever played a game in another language?

Cyburn

Student Council President
For PSOne, I got the Russian version of Medievil 2(at a car boot sale, didnt know it was russian til I got home)

But I still completed it, and I felt I accomplished something that very few people could do?

Pokémon Silver in Japanese and Jump! Superstars in Japanese. Never completed Pokémon, but finished Superstars, easy.

Gundam SEED Never Ending Tomorrow: Japanese
Gundam SEED OMNI vs ZAFT: Japanese
Mobile Suit Gundam Climax U.C.: Japanese

And if that counts, all my other games are in English...

Remember playing Euro '96 on the Sega Saturn back in the late nineties. I had the German commentary on.

I remember how much me and my friend laughed when he announced Sheringham's name...

Oh that was... err... funny. :)

The only games I've played in another language are Cardcaptor Sakura on the Gameboy Color and another Cardcaptor Sakura game on the Gameboy Advance.

I play tons of games in other languages.... ok so they are otaku ;) games but that counts right. Also had to buy the Japanese version of Bleach and am about to order Initial D as the UK versions are ages off and I really hate waiting

Many, many times. But my most memorable foreign game was Metal Gear Solid for the PSX. I was very young at the time and could barely get my head around the concept of the game, and the fact that it was in German didn't help at all. After mastering the game at a young age without understanding sh*t about the storyline, I bought the English version after I was older and found the game to be even more addictive and amazing than ever. :D

I have loads of Japanese gamecube games and Sega Saturn games. Quite a lot of them are better than the English counterparts, such as Battle Houshin (Mystic Heroes) and Animal Crossing. I played LOZ: The Wind Waker first in Japanese and as long as you can find a walkthrough for an RPG, you can easily play them without understanding the text.
I love dating sims and have all the Tokimeki ones, but I always end up losing all of my love interests because I never know what I'm saying in response to the girls :lol: Still, it's all good fun ^__^

I played mickey mouse and r-type final in japaneese. Mickey mouse on the snes, where he turns into a magician was cool. Well, it was too easy, even though it was in japaneese.

No, and I don't want to.

I'd rather just never play a game than have a crappy experience where I can't understand a word.

It's bad enough when you accidentally put your phone on Russian and you can't work out how to get English back. :(

Played pokemon sliver in what could only be decribed as broken Engrish, which was playable, but choosing moves was a lottery. Also played a few ps2 demo's in Hong Kong, which were fun a gundam seed game and somthing involving dragon riding with big swords. Neither really needed the abitily to read though, just quick reactions and button mashing skills.

a couple...erm..yeah Fire Emblem:sword of seals being one, in japanese..erm..ah i forget the name of the other i have played in another language :?

I tend towait for translations before I play a game, I find it too confusing and sometimes it spoils a gameif you play it in a language you don't understand when there's an English version on it's way. But I did play one game in Japanese, Grandia: Parallel Trippers. I didn't get very far!

I wouldn't say in another language...but I ended up buying an austrailian version of Pokemon Gold (?) awhile back...thats the closest I get to another language really...except japanese...

Back