Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone.

One of my new year resolutions is to catch up with my anime shopping (since I still have some Funimation LEs to pickup) and do well in my 2nd Year of Uni.

Happy New Year guys, today is the start of my mortgage deposit saving. Think I need 3 years to get it saved though (long term goals eh) but i'm actually excited to be starting on this long journey! If i was still living with my mom it'd only take me 18 months :'(

Britguy, can you not go back and move in with her? Being at my Mums was what helped me save for my deposit. Good luck with this endeavour! It's totally worth it :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I hope it's been so far so good for you all <3

What did you all get up to on NYE?

I stayed in at my Mums with my bf, her bf and my Brother. I had takeaway, 1 and a half bottles of Cava with Chambord, played Cards Against Humanity then...FELL ASLEEP! I apparently slept on Mums sofa from 10pm-3am! Genuinely didn't feel like I slept that long. Photos and videos were taken :( lol. Needless to say I was hungover and threw up. Waaaah. Was a nice New Year, what I was awake for and I'm very happy I wasn't out with fake friends like the last two :D

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you guys had a good time... I know I did.

I lived life on the edge and watched K-On! on BD. Exciting times.

A belated Happy New Year folks! Hopefully this year plays out far better than last year did. 2014 was a pretty awful year for me, so 2015 needs to bring back the fun and positivity

-Danielle- said:
Britguy, can you not go back and move in with her? Being at my Mums was what helped me save for my deposit. Good luck with this endeavour! It's totally worth it :D

Unfortunately not, since i've moved out from hers a couple years back she's downsized to a one bedroom bungalow so no room for me! Ah well, re-budgeted and I can save more per month than I thought, still will likely try and save for three years but i'll have a much bigger deposit!

I wish everybody the best in 2015!!!

Ryo Chan said:
May 2015 bring us all joy, happiness and more anime!
Yeah, okay. May is Comic Con time, but I hope all other months are great for everybody too.

Lame jokes © Agent-347.

Arbalest said:
A belated Happy New Year folks! Hopefully this year plays out far better than last year did. 2014 was a pretty awful year for me, so 2015 needs to bring back the fun and positivity
You are kidding us, right? 2 January isn't late at all. XD I don't even think I'm all that late.

NormanicGrav said:
Happy New Year everyone.

One of my new year resolutions is to catch up with my anime shopping (since I still have some Funimation LEs to pickup) and do well in my 2nd Year of Uni.
I hope those work out for you! ^_^

Jatz said:
Happy New Year everyone!

I lived life on the edge and watched K-On! on BD. Exciting times.
If you had said you watched OreImo I would have understood the statement, but I'm currently clueless why that what you did is living on the edge? xD

-Danielle- said:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

What did you all get up to on NYE?
Downloading my Twitter archive was probably the most exciting thing I did that day. ;_; I also watched the Sevebration Twitch stream for a huge part to have some entertainment.

Wahooo Britguy, super news!!!

Sadly I'm working through the bad side of homeowning atm...repairs lol. My bay window roofing is sh*t. There's no tilt on it so water can't run off and the demics who lived there before me had the guttering around it removed so water is lying on top and inevitable coming through leaving the roof of the window on my room getting mouldy spots. Also looks like the window wasn't sealed right as you can hear wind go through it which will be causing the awful condensation on the window, too causing mould. Dread to think how much it could all cost! Holding off on quotes for a tad so I can save up a bit more. The state the old owners left the house in us unreal. What disgusting people to let their home get to the point it is. They hid it ALL when I viewed the place under things etc.

See that's where I get concerned with regards to home ownership, all the hidden issues. I assume you had a survey done before buying? I know there are three types of survey you can do, each one progressively more detailed and costly.

I had a survey but only on the basics/houise structure itself. I needed wall ties and damp proofing in the living and dining room. I did that and threw a chemical spray for my bricks in too.

All these issues now were never picked up on my survey and are literally down to the previous owners not taking care of the house or doing shoddy work or hiring shoddy workers.

I've had a new boiler and radiators installed as they were that old, the last 2 owners should of done this prior tbh haha. They painted over wet plaster in the bathroom so I had to have 2 walls replastered. Others spots in the hall and stairs have cracks probably down to the same thing but I can't afford that yet. I've had a porch door installed as all the heat was going out the front door that was never fitted properly! (porch door guy screwed it in properly for me) and now there's this damn bay window and it's roof. It's been condensation-ey since I moved in but it's gotten too bad now as there's 3 mould patches instead of 1 small one and the windows look like it's rained on the inside due to coming through the window roof as well as the cracks in the top roof fitting. Annoying as hell. Why can't people take care of their homes! I was happy to raise a family here but soon I'm going to have spent that much, that with this economy what I paid for it won't of been worthit. Hoping tbh they can just refit some new grey stuff that goes on your window roof, reseal my windows and reinstall my guttering. Praying I don't need a new window as my attitude is that I'd replace downstairs too for cheaper quote overall lmao.

I don't think flats/apartments have as many issues :p Thank god my house is in the middle as end houses can get SO bad for damp lol.

BUT PLEASE DON'T LET ME PUT YOU OFF! Hehe. It's still the best thing I've done in my life so far and was better than my deposit money collecting dust in a rubbish interest bank account. I still have ample on the side for the odd hol too :)

Back