Government plan to log every phone call, email and text

That would have to be a pretty big database...

There is no way that something like that would ever go through, not in a democractic goverment anyway, yes we need to stop terroirsts but treating everyone like a suspect isn't going to work. A national dna database, yes that would be okay but this? What's next a soldier stationed in every houe montioring you 24/7?

Even if made possible, the amount of money spent would be outrageous...

Also, they would have to have people reading and listening to conversations. Don't they say that there is more than a hundred languages spoken in London?

I don't think it's feasible.

As someone mentioned this is a huge breach of privacy laws and im pretty sure that they arent allowed to do it.

Have the cctv actually solved anything? I've read somewhere that it didn't made any difference after all, as it's too difficult to go through tapes and stuff.

Once again, I wonder what the cost of those... I'm pretty sure that money could be spent on creating more jobs / funding education...

So useless Cameras to keep an eye on the country along with an even harder job of scanning through emails and texts... how "V For Vendeta"-ish. Completely blows a hole in the idea of human rights and privacy.

This must be where that extremely fine line gets crossed. No matter what the reason, they do not have the right, ever, to record anything thats private. Last i checked we've not had a problem with terrorism for a good while, so why get worked up all of a sudden? The government haven't thought this through, no doubt they'll regret it soon enough.

Deidara said:
So useless Cameras to keep an eye on the country along with an even harder job of scanning through emails and texts... how "V For Vendeta"-ish. Completely blows a hole in the idea of human rights and privacy.

hey, if i get to blow up the houses of parliament, i'm all for it

Bunch of Fascist bastards, that doing the exact some thing as those dumbarse Americans.

I mean WTH, first speculation turns into something ridiculous

Uh-oh I got to tell al-shiraq that the plan has changed.

I joke.

I don't think that this will happen really, the amount of money, employees and effort that would be required would be intense.

But they could monitor them all and record the ones that have certain words like bomb, kill, murder etc. so it might happen.

erm,

don't have a link to back this up yet.
but the U.S.A already have records of all our calls, texts, emails.
there's certain words that trigger them recording you.

in other words...if you say bomb, or a landmark or the word terrorist in a text, they will start monitering your texts from then on.

:/

Tachi- said:
erm,

in other words...if you say bomb, or a landmark or the word terrorist in a text, they will start monitering your texts from then on.

:/

BOMB!! TERRORIST!!!!

there, now lets see them try and touch me, fecking pricks

Back