Government e-petition to reduce BBFC costs.

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Here's one worth signing if you like your anime and Asian cinema.

Bring BBFC Costs Down

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

This is the start of a revolution for independent film makers and distributors across the UK and Ireland - and even the world - in a bid to get as many signings as possible, to present to the money hungry BBFC to force them to bring their costs of ratings down.

With ridiculous rates and double charges for the same film to go to DVD and cinema, it is time to put a stop to this. The amazing people at the IFCO can do it - offering a safe 250 Euro for a limited release of 1000 copies in the first year. Why can't the BBFC offer the same?

Please support this fight and help us get as many names (and roles in the film world) as possible to help indie film makers deliver to you, works of passion, dedication and enjoyment... (more than the average Hollywood flick can do these days)

George Clarke
CEO Yellow Fever Productions LTD

Wow, someone sensible finally speaks up! Going to circulate this to my friends...

R

Signed - and while I don't think it should close down permanently, I think it should not act as a censor, but as a ratings agency only, leaving the decision on what to watch strictly to viewers, but at the same time raising the points of concern that wouldn't be clear from a simple synopsis at the back of a title. i.e. sexual content, violence, language, etc....

After reading this http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/06/thir ... is-why.php I decided to sign.

I also got a chuckle from this petition:

Thatcher state funeral to be privatised

Responsible department: Cabinet Office

In keeping with the great lady's legacy, Margaret Thatcher's state funeral should be funded and managed by the private sector to offer the best value and choice for end users and other stakeholders.

The undersigned believe that the legacy of the former PM deserves nothing less and that offering this unique opportunity is an ideal way to cut government expense and further prove the merits of liberalised economics Baroness Thatcher spearheaded.

Genkina Hito said:

That reminds of Mark Thomas's "People's Manifesto", in which he toured the country and made a political manifesto based on the suggestions of the audience. One of the policies voted in was that one. Others that made it include:

* Windsor should be renamed "Lower Slough"
* Party political manifestos should be legally binding
* Anyone found guilty of a homophobic hate crime shall serve their entire sentence in drag.
* There should be a maximum wage
* The Daily Mail should have to declare on the masthead 'The newspaper that supported Hitler'

Genkina Hito said:
That does indeed suck massively. Rules and regulations making it easier for the big companies at the expense of small businesses, AGAIN.

Genkina Hito said:

Responsible department: Cabinet Office

In keeping with the great lady's legacy, Margaret Thatcher's state funeral should be funded and managed by the private sector to offer the best value and choice for end users and other stakeholders.

The undersigned believe that the legacy of the former PM deserves nothing less and that offering this unique opportunity is an ideal way to cut government expense and further prove the merits of liberalised economics Baroness Thatcher spearheaded.
Absolutely. They could sell ad space on her coffin. Falklands oil exploration companies could buy it.

It's like that whole big deal that was made about someone trying to auction Ronald Regan's blood. If there's anyone whose blood you should be able to make a profit off in the spirit of his policies, it's Ronald Regan's.

ConanThe3rd said:
I'd go for everything except the Hitler thing.
You're right, that would be inaccurate. It was Mosley the Daily Mail supported.

Signed it, shared it on Facebook.

Pretty disappointed that it got absolutely no reaction on there though. I love them all, but in terms of common interests etc sometimes I think I have the wrong friends!

Back