Google+

Mutsumi said:
Why would anyone need to use Google+ when facebook has been doing the same for years already?
you know what iv been meaning to write something like that on here but i thought i was going to hear * its nothing like facebook* il say its is pointless if you ask me.

Mutsumi said:
Why would anyone need to use Google+ when facebook has been doing the same for years already?
Why would anyone drink Dr. Pepper when Coca Cola has been doing the same for years anyway?

It's competition, really. And Google+ has stuff FB doesn't, like circles.

Lawrence said:
But I don't like Facebook, give me a reason why I would want to sign up to google+.
Well, Facebook seems to be focused on applications and all that crap. This is just a basic social tool that you use to share links etc.

It's more like a techy social conference right now. There's none of the people you hate on it. And once they appear, they're easier to avoid.

Mutsumi said:
Didn't people say similar things about My Space et al when Facebook first came around?

ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
Didn't people say similar things about My Space et al when Facebook first came around?
MySpace was never as good, and facebook refined social networking and made it better. Also, when facebook overtook MySpace in popularity, social networks were not as huge as they are now.

Facebook was more user-friendly than MySpace, which is why it became so popular, I guess. I'm not overly impressed with Google+ so far ... although it's hard to tell how good a social networking site is when there's no social network. Most of my friends haven't made Google+ accounts ...

Y'all just described things that Google+ could be about to do again, for all you know. There is a long list of companies who thought they were dominating an industry in an unassailable position and were fatally wrong.

Back