God damn it all to hell! UK Haruhi S2 with mono Japanese!

Rui said:
I understand being annoyed, especially if you were looking forward to it (in my case I have the R1s anyway). It's just boycotting is only meaningful if you actually boycott it, rather than save money and get a significantly superior version of it illegally even when that version can be obtained relatively easily (with a large outlay of cash) >_>;

R
Boycotting also only works if you tell the company you are doing it and why. It's the promise of a sale if they fix it, rather than purely a lost sale.

Reaper gI said:
There's no justification for piracy if there's a reasonable priced alternative (the USA) without the fault.
Nah, you either care about stealing stuff, or you don't. "Can't afford it" is not a "justification", it's just the excuse a lot of people use, nothing to be embarrassed about.

Reaper gI said:
Rui said:
I understand being annoyed, especially if you were looking forward to it (in my case I have the R1s anyway). It's just boycotting is only meaningful if you actually boycott it, rather than save money and get a significantly superior version of it illegally even when that version can be obtained relatively easily (with a large outlay of cash) >_>;

R
Boycotting also only works if you tell the company you are doing it and why. It's the promise of a sale if they fix it, rather than purely a lost sale.

Boycotts never work anyway, to me the only people who do them are whiny unpleaseable crybabies who have no idea about how a business works and how they often have to make unpopular decisions in order to keep making money (which is the most important goal of a business)

Invisible Crane said:
Reaper gI said:
Rui said:

R

Boycotts never work anyway, to me the only people who do them are whiny unpleaseable crybabies who have no idea about how a business works and how they often have to make unpopular decisions in order to keep making money (which is the most important goal of a business)

seeing they were begging people not to import k-on i think it's doing rather a good job

Speaking of which, US version of Eva 2.22 is only £4 more, time to import

Invisible Crane said:
They can do for small industries like this, as it's fairly easy to persuade a large segment of their audience to boycot.
The point is that you ensure unpopular decisions will lose them money, so only popular ones are viable.

I like to believe that boycotting CCCDs back in the day went a long way towards most companies stopping that silliness in the end. Of course sales never recovered afterwards and they may have stopped it anyway eventually, but the vehement rage of the consumer base in Japan was amazing.

It was an interesting experiment though in what happens when you totally piss off the remaining paying customers in a way that doesn't affect the pirates in the slightest.

R (after the CCCD stuff was dropped I then spent an extreme amount of money catching up on missed releases ;_; it was a bad time for my bank balance)

I've finally got to the Haruhi-chan disc, and found another potential reason to import. The US release of Haruhi-chan has among its extra features, The Adventures of the ASOS Brigade, those featurettes in season 1 that had the annoying cosplayers wandering around Japan and Bandai and pretending to be their fave characters.

Three discs instead of four means less space for extras, which is why they were probably left out of Season 2. But Bandai did put them onto the Haruhi-chan discs. Madman in Australia didn't, which obviously means that Manga couldn't either.

So if you want your annoying cosplayers, you'll have to import from Region 1.

Maxon said:
This just isn't Manga's year.

Edit: According to their Twitter, Bandai didn't inform them about it.
Not that they weren't informed about this by just about EVERYONE ELSE on twitter (and elsewhere, I'll bet) when they announced they had the licence.

Manga needs to get their finger right the hell out or we'll have two MVMs, a Bandai archive company and Kazé comprising our anime industry.

And, awesome as Kazé are, one company a healthy industry not make.

Oh and banning people on twitter for making comments to this effect doesn't make the problem go away, Manga.

Just saying.

I do think whoever runs the account does need to separate their personal and work lives a bit more. Even if the real "person" has 30 followers, it shouldn't matter to him/her. I'd be dandy with a nice RSS feed to a blog and the occasion response instead of what sometimes goes on.

ConanThe3rd said:
Manga needs to get their finger right the hell out or we'll have two MVMs, a Bandai archive company and Kazé comprising our anime industry.

And, awesome as Kazé are, one company a healthy industry not make.

Oh and banning people on twitter for making comments to this effect doesn't make the problem go away, Manga.

Just saying.
Manga also had dubtitles problems, they've skrewed up far more than MVM ever have. MVMs main problem is taking forever to license anything, we get stuff 4/5 years after the USA, and still only go after dubbed stuff (which is mostly tied down to Manga, as FUNi licnece resced a lot of the other dubbed shows).
Beez have licnesed some shows. Like Sora no Woto and The Tatami Galaxy.

Kazé distribute through Manga. Unless that changes we might as well treat them as one company.

Jaymii said:
I do think whoever runs the account does need to separate their personal and work lives a bit more. Even if the real "person" has 30 followers, it shouldn't matter to him/her. I'd be dandy with a nice RSS feed to a blog and the occasion response instead of what sometimes goes on.

One thing which got me was hearing the chap rant about another company on the official Manga UK twitter account not long ago (trains or something, I don't remember); you'd think he'd be a bit more sensitive on the corporate account given how stressed he gets over criticism of Manga. I think he's a nice enough chap and gets crazy amounts of abuse but yes, saving the Manga UK account for actual business talk would help make them sound less insane.

R

Back