Ghosts, Poltergeist... whatever!

Ah sorry about that i guess we have gone away from Ghosts a bit. All i meant was that back in 01 somebody had wrote in nostradamus style and tried to pass it off as if Nosta had written it himself for whatever reason.

Question does anyone remember a while back that apparently sercuity cameras caught a ghost at a royal esate (this would be back in 2003, december i think) i saw a glimpse of it in the papers but i never saw or heard about it again

BlackWolf said:
Ah sorry about that i guess we have gone away from Ghosts a bit. All i meant was that back in 01 somebody had wrote in nostradamus style and tried to pass it off as if Nosta had written it himself for whatever reason.

Question does anyone remember a while back that apparently sercuity cameras caught a ghost at a royal esate (this would be back in 2003, december i think) i saw a glimpse of it in the papers but i never saw or heard about it again

thats the kind of thang im looking for...

well there's this :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnH9OJP6FTk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XnH9OJP6FTk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yes i know it's not real before u moan

If anythings "paranormal" its some of the crap modern science spews out, black holes, the big bang, dark matter, NONE of it is proven and yet its taken at face value and written into textbooks and put on frikin TV channels.

Just for the record black holes definitely do exist. It's just how computer animators make them appear on telly or in books etc. I doubt black holes look as glamorous as they make them out to believe. The only thing they can see is light being bent in the shape of a circle... and that's using an incredibly powerful telescope.

rick said:
If anythings "paranormal" its some of the crap modern science spews out, black holes, the big bang, dark matter, NONE of it is proven and yet its taken at face value and written into textbooks and put on frikin TV channels.

Just for the record black holes definitely do exist. It's just how computer animators make them appear on telly or in books etc. I doubt black holes look as glamorous as they make them out to believe. The only thing they can see is light being bent in the shape of a circle... and that's using an incredibly powerful telescope.

Seriosly Black holes dont exist, Im not denying there is something where black holes are, but they just dont exist as they are depicted, they fly in the face of the very physics they were based on, which itself is flawed, its just scientists filling in blank spaces in equations.

There is a lot more convincing proof that black holes as they are described dont exist than do, its just the godamm mainstream forcing things into our safe little box of what "real" and what is outlandish, wrecks my head really.

Outlawstar said:
rick said:

Seriosly Black holes dont exist, Im not denying there is something where black holes are, but they just dont exist as they are depicted, they fly in the face of the very physics they were based on, which itself is flawed, its just scientists filling in blank spaces in equations.

There is a lot more convincing proof that black holes as they are described dont exist than do, its just the godamm mainstream forcing things into our safe little box of what "real" and what is outlandish, wrecks my head really.

im intrigued, i love **** like this, space and the sort... so what ur saying is there any articles writen about it or something?

Calm down bible boy.

The entire reason they're called black holes is because of the the black circles that they see distorting light. Calling them black circles doesn't sound as good.

I suggest you find out the reasoning behind scientists believing in this stuff before you claim it's all fiction. I'm pretty certain you don't have a phd in astronomy or other areas of similar science, or have access to powerful space telescopes.

rick said:

Calm down bible boy.

The entire reason they're called black holes is because of the the black circles that they see distorting light. Calling them black circles doesn't sound as good.

I suggest you find out the reasoning behind scientists believing in this stuff before you claim it's all fiction. I'm pretty certain you don't have a phd in astronomy or other areas of similar science, or have access to powerful space telescopes.

Likewise Im pretty sure you dont.
And I never questioned why they were called black holes, just that they cant exist on the physics they are based on, they cant even form, there are better explanations as to the effect observed in the region of black holes, all Im saying is look at it with an open mind, do your own research on things instead of taking what thrown at you at face value, believing it because it "must be true"
Scientists are only human and have made mistakes all throughout history.

Anyway looking back, I think my statemant of "black holes dont exist" was a bit much, what I really mean is, I dont think black holes exist as they are shown to, based on the research Ive done into the subject.

RetroRainbow said:
Speaking of Nostradamus, he was the guy who said the fall would come about with the end of the Mayan Calendar, I'm sure.

But the calendar was originally done out to stretch to fifty two years, and when the night came about, there was a lot of crazy superstitions about. In Mexico, children were kept awake so they wouldn't turn into mice, and pregnant women were locked up, assuming they'd turn into wild animals. And then, 'the Gods' decided to grant them another fifty two years. Every fifty two years, two parts of the calendar's times and dates coincide. Well, that was the early version of the calendar, before it was renamed to 'Mayan'. In 2012, apparently the three various dates and times will happen together, including the 'Long Count', and the last Long Count began in 3114 BC, and it's set to end around 2012.

I don't believe it, really.

The whole Mayan calendar thing is very intruiging, especially considering the Mayans Supreme knowledge of the cosmos.That alone adds some credance to the theory.

RetroRainbow said:
Speaking of Nostradamus, he was the guy who said the fall would come about with the end of the Mayan Calendar, I'm sure.

But the calendar was originally done out to stretch to fifty two years, and when the night came about, there was a lot of crazy superstitions about. In Mexico, children were kept awake so they wouldn't turn into mice, and pregnant women were locked up, assuming they'd turn into wild animals. And then, 'the Gods' decided to grant them another fifty two years. Every fifty two years, two parts of the calendar's times and dates coincide. Well, that was the early version of the calendar, before it was renamed to 'Mayan'. In 2012, apparently the three various dates and times will happen together, including the 'Long Count', and the last Long Count began in 3114 BC, and it's set to end around 2012.

i found this insightful.....thankyou

Outlawstar said:
RetroRainbow said:

The whole Mayan calendar thing is very intruiging, especially considering the Mayans Supreme knowledge of the cosmos.That alone adds some credance to the theory.

Well give it 4 years and we will see how good they really are.

Ryo Chan said:
the world must end in 2012

we're hosting the olympics

:lol:

Isn't this 2012 the last doomsday date we have left anyway? once it becomes 2013 we're in the clear till science finds a big asteroid and then realise that said asteroid is going to hit the planet and doom us all :p

BlackWolf said:
Ryo Chan said:
the world must end in 2012

we're hosting the olympics

:lol:

Isn't this 2012 the last doomsday date we have left anyway? once it becomes 2013 we're in the clear till science finds a big asteroid and then realise that said asteroid is going to hit the planet and doom us all :p

Now remember everyone.....attend my weddin in 2012 :D

RetroRainbow said:
I was reading up about the calendar thing quite a while back, so I thought may as well post about it in a kind of appropriate thread. :)

Wolf~ hah, we hope so! Or all those death chasers will find something else that must have slipped under our radars, lol.

Ah, Tachi~ you're getting married? Oooh, hope you've a great time! :3

Its abit of a family joke...that has a 80% chance of happening...both mine an my missus mothers know each other through work. both opposite mothers likewise know the opposite offspring. as such there has been many jokes about who will pay but people are sticking to their guns that the brides family pay (traditionally speaking they would) so yeah things are sorta set in motion :thumb: alls welcome to come....when i know where i'll let people know, more the merrier and all that :p

Since this thread's now freeweeling down off topic hill I might as well say I do find the Mayan calender prophecy intriguing, along with all early civilizations and their culture / legends. They all (Mayans, Incas, Sumerians, Egyptians) really did seem to appear out of nowhere with very similar gods and creation myths. They all liked building big towers to the sky for some reason as well. While not a religious person I do find this all very... convenient to say the least.

While I don't believe the end of the world as a concept will happen any time before the sun expands and swallows it, I'd like to think that perhaps some brave new world might lie around the corner, if only because (to address a slightly more on topic point) I can't stand the thought of my own mortality. Frankly the prospect of death makes life seem like a bit of a waste of time, so I can see why the idea of an afterlife is attractive - but at the same time it devalues life because if you can live forever what does a few decades matter if you waste it?

I'll just hang on for the alien messiahs in 2012 and hope they bring cyborg technology with them... ;)

Back