Ghosts, Poltergeist... whatever!

it's not absurbed, it's all about belief, and whever ur relegious or not, belief is something you do atleast once in ur life no matter who you are

scientists believe by arranging certain conditions that an event will occur, you'd never invent anything if you didn't believe it may lead to something.

Saying the supernatural is absured is going to insult nearly everyone in the world, everyone has believed in something once in their life time, be it aliens, scientific achivements, ghosts, or even god. Call it what you want but i think you'll find if you add up non-believes of the supernatural to believers in some form or another, u'll be vastly outnumbered.

And if you can't accept other peoples beliefs are their own without belittleing them then you are a sad excuse for a human being, if you don't like, keep it to yourself or atleast argue your point without being offeinsive to others.

ur all bein stupid!

to say somethinge exists just because u cant prove it doesnt is stupid!

to say something doesnt exist even though u cant prove it doesnt is stupid!

just take take a side and give ur evidence and stop argueing.

oh but the thing about the paranormal bein the unexplainable and higher frequency thing, i like that, that made sense to me.

Ryo Chan said:
scientists believe by arranging certain conditions that an event will occur, you'd never invent anything if you didn't believe it may lead to something.

Nonsense; Scientific theories are based upon solid pre-existing evidence and these theories are tested. No such comparison can be made to a belief in the supernatural.

Saying the supernatural is absured is going to insult nearly everyone in the world, everyone has believed in something once in their life time, be it aliens, scientific achivements, ghosts, or even god. Call it what you want but i think you'll find if you add up non-believes of the supernatural to believers in some form or another, u'll be vastly outnumbered.

Do you realise how bizarre it is to throw in science and the educated guesses that are subsequently tried and tested by scientists with stuff like ghosts and aliens?

Just because a vast number of people belive in something, that does not render it true. Honestly, your logic here is verging on the ridiculous.

I am not obligated to respect other people's beliefs when it comes to political ideology or personal opinion, so I certainly am not obligated to respect the belief in the supernatural.

skikes said:
ur all bein stupid!

oh but the thing about the paranormal bein the unexplainable and higher frequency thing, i like that, that made sense to me.

Oy :/

You basically said that it's "stupid" to believe in something (in this context, the supernatural) that cannot be proven, and then proceeded to endorse a concept of the supernatural that cannot be proven.

i knew there was a reason i kept this

motivator9477583.jpg

CitizenGeek said:
Ryo Chan said:

Nonsense; Scientific theories are based upon solid pre-existing evidence and these theories are tested. No such comparison can be made to a belief in the supernatural.

Do you realise how bizarre it is to throw in science and the educated guesses that are subsequently tried and tested by scientists with stuff like ghosts and aliens?

Just because a vast number of people belive in something, that does not render it true. Honestly, your logic here is verging on the ridiculous.

I am not obligated to respect other people's beliefs when it comes to political ideology or personal opinion, so I certainly am not obligated to respect the belief in the supernatural.

skikes said:
ur all bein stupid!

Oy :/

You basically said that it's "stupid" to believe in something (in this context, the supernatural) that cannot be proven, and then proceeded to endorse a concept of the supernatural that cannot be proven.

yes, i did and THAT looks stupid, but all i really meant was this subject isnt really worth argueing over i really do think its something that needs to be looked at objectively or ur just going to go round in circles each giving the opposite response but with both points being valid... or invalid depending on ur stance... i wud be more inclined to NOT believe in such things but since i cant prove it i try not to tell any1 they're wrongeven tho i secretely do lol unless im close with them like my best mate or bf in this case because i wudnt be able to prove....

but in saying that are most things that are not "normal" considered false unless u can prove... i mean i cud say big foot is real and that every1 else is wrong becus they cudnt prove me otherwise.... i dunno ive confused myself.

i dont care anymore.

but ill ask again... any got evidence like real vids/pics/strange things or something of ghosts?

Last edited by a moderator:
CitizenGeek and skikes would make a lovely couple.

Also, this thread is retarded. How anyone can believe in something without seeing any physical evidence or without seeing a ghost with their own two eyes is beyond me. Stupid people will be stupid I suppose...

It's all well and good believing in life after death if not thinking only nothingness awaits you when your heart stops makes you feel better, but voicing those beliefs out loud just makes you look silly when you can't back-up why you believe God is waiting for you with angels/lady boys willing to give you a massage after you go through the agony of death.

My thoughts on this life after death rubbish are the same as a certain Lacuna Coil song title.

just saying something then gunna climb back onto my platform and watch what happens.....

but there IS an experiment that scientists are carrying out in 2 hospitals this year....to test peoples "outer body experiences" whilst on the operating table.....they have shelves high above the operating table with certain objects on each shelf....their so high it is humanly impossible to see what they are without a ladder. the point is....that if someone has a outer body experience then they would be able to see whats on the shelves. when they come round the doctors ask them what they saw....if they say any of the objects then that will be proof of spirits escaping the body. and if it comes back possitive that they've proved the existence of spirits then ghosts/spirits of the dead would also be confirmed.

I don't believe in any of it. But I can see why it's comforting/exciting/fun/interesting to and it's far more harmless than say, religious zealotry.

Some people take comfort in certainties and logic (I would be one of these people), others seem to prefer hoping there's more out there, even if it's a stretch. So long as they're not hurting anyone that's ok with me.

Obviously as someone who doesn't believe I have no supporting evidence to show of supernatural happenings myself.

R

While I regard myself as a non-believer, you'd have trouble persuading me to spend a night in a supposedly "haunted house". So I'm not willing to entirely dismiss the possibilty of supernatural phenomena, regardless of how it irrational and illogical it seems.

I believe in Ghosts! The Paranormal and all that Jazz!! Many people I know have encoutered things in my mams house that can't be explained in logical terms (including me). But it's not just that, I just think it'd be boring to just think someone walked past throwing talc in the air or it was a cataract. Much rather believe in souls, specters and ghouls! MWahahahhaa!! *ahem*

well if you weigh up the 2 options

live, then when you die, have an afterlife/reincranate

or take the Scientifical approach which is

Live, procreate, die

which would you rather take?

i quite like to think that i'm not just a spec of dust that will be wiped away forever in the blink of an eye tyvm

The science approach you specified has procreation in it, so I'm thinking that sounds more fun ;)

I wouldn't want to live forever though anyway. I can see why people would but in a perverse kind of way, the thought of mortality is comforting too.

R

Death is something I seem to think about alot when my brains left up to it's own dervices. Quite a strange thing is death. This shell you've been in your whole life (obviously unless your an android), will just rot away in some hole someday. Either that or you get burned to a pile of dust.
*shivers* Why do I think of these things.... ¬_¬

Rui said:
I don't believe in any of it. But I can see why it's comforting/exciting/fun/interesting to and it's far more harmless than say, religious zealotry.

Some people take comfort in certainties and logic (I would be one of these people), others seem to prefer hoping there's more out there, even if it's a stretch. So long as they're not hurting anyone that's ok with me.

Obviously as someone who doesn't believe I have no supporting evidence to show of supernatural happenings myself.

R

I agree with that, personally i'm on the fence with a lot of this stuff, i would like to believe, and watching the "better" paranormal documentries out there helps this (stuff like Ghost Hunters who go into places with scientific equipment and if they experince something they look for the rational stuff first and find probable causes)

There's no harm in believing in the paranormal or reglion for that matter, for some that believe it gives them a peace of mind, especially when it comes to the afterlife, what's better telling someone they're going to heaven or telling them that if they are buried they'll be rotting in the ground with worms potentailly eating them.

or in other words to quote red dwarf:

Kryten said:
"Human heaven? Goodness me, humans don't go to Heaven! No, someone made that up to prevent you all from going nuts!"

@Citizengeek: PM`d you.

I hate the way its called paranormal, it puts people off from the start, whatever the phenomenon is its as normal as the Sun heating up, it just hasint been explained yet.

If anythings "paranormal" its some of the crap modern science spews out, black holes, the big bang, dark matter, NONE of it is proven and yet its taken at face value and written into textbooks and put on frikin TV channels.

Science on the whole doesint like this kind of area(metaphysical,supernatural etc), as it begins to stray away from einsteins own very materialistic view of the world, when in fact he himself stated at teh end of his life that he was not content with his work and that he thinks he was on the wrong track completely.

Science has surpressed things for years, for many reasons, it takes only a bit of research to find out this....but again I dont mind linking to stuff.

Modern physics needs to rethink its foundations for us to get anywhere as far as Im concerned.
If anything in recent times science is getting more and more "paranormal"(normal)

Funny fact.....Einstein HAD health problems.
i can't remember what the guys name was...but there was a predicter who predicted the 2nd world war and that the guy who would start it would be called hindler....he was so close to being spot on its friggin weird....and he predicted it hundreds of years before 1944

Doesn't the theory of relitivety bouycot the materialistic theory of einstein anyway?

Tachi- said:
Funny fact.....Einstein HAD health problems.
i can't remember what the guys name was...but there was a predicter who predicted the 2nd world war and that the guy who would start it would be called hindler....he was so close to being spot on its friggin weird....and he predicted it hundreds of years before 1944

Doesn't the theory of relitivety bouycot the materialistic theory of einstein anyway?

You're not talking about Nostradamus are you? as you can read what you want to read with some of the things he said (providing the translation was acurate in the first place)

Back