Ghost in the Shell: Innocence

I cant wait to see innocence, but i'm waiting out for the english dub

sadly though its not out till february 06.

I'm currently watching the series though, i like it more then the original film (although that was one of the best anime films i've ever seen) :D

Paul said:
I liked Innocence enough to want to watch it again. The animation, atmosphere and soundtrack are amazing, though I have to admit the story left me feeling confused and lost. I like a challenge though, and since this film is a pure work of art, I'm willing to re-watch and try to think harder about what it all means.

Apparently, there is a bidding war going on for the UK DVD rights to Innocence. I'm hoping for a release by winter '05.

I do hope it gets released with Manga Entertainment, purely so that the box art style of all my GitS DVDS matches!

I am so desperate to watch this but love GitS that I want to wait and pay the full price for a R2 official release. I nearly downloaded it but I can't bring myself too, unlike many other films. It is January '06 that it's coming out, right?

Unit 0 said:
KittySeras said:
I have such a long wait! Im going to pre order it for my birthday(December).

My birthday is in december too. :D

Yay! When? Mines 28th, Its annoying haveing a birthday around this time cause its so near christmas! So ya get all your presents at once :x Im going to have it as a late birthday prezzie...I hope. Ill have to drop subtle hints. :D

I heard that the story was a small story arc from the manga, compressed into a movie, but I don't know how true that is. Regardless, I liked the story, and there were some really nice bits of animation, although I got the feeling there were some scenes that were only there to show how good they could actually do the animation (*cough* carnival *cough*). One point that kinda bugged me were the incessant quotes at some points. Sure quotes can be used to illustrate a point, but an entire conversation made up from quotes? And from really classic/obscure literature as well. After all, how many people here have actually read Dante? Be honest.
So while it was a pretty good movie, I was nevertheless left with a sort of feeling like - "damn, how pretentious is this guy?" :wink:

This film makes me go wobbly at the knees...

I've decided I'll get hair like Chief Aramaki.

If you saw my hair you'd say when I reach my fifties I will probably have hair like him, and if the 1st Gig series of 'Stand Alone Complex' is anything to go by I'll score with women twice my junior! Hovis!

I adore this film by the way. Love it in fact...

It inspired me to read quite deep books you know.

Even one about baking...

Well after reading these reviews I have to say I am gonna go rent this and see what its like, might even buy it if its as good as the first movie or the series.

Will keep an eye out for your new hairstyle Hovis

Innoncence is better than the first movie... which isn't that hard to beat IMO, because I never did like the first movie. It's a good enough story, but I'm far more interested in the Series' tendancy to try to not be profound and deep at every-turn. I guess I look for something different in anime than some people do. I get enough Pretentious ******** from my English degree thanks :p

and, THREAD NECROMANCY FTW!

kupoartist said:
Innoncence is better than the first movie... which isn't that hard to beat IMO, because I never did like the first movie. It's a good enough story, but I'm far more interested in the Series' tendancy to try to not be profound and deep at every-turn. I guess I look for something different in anime than some people do. I get enough Pretentious ******** from my English degree thanks :p

and, THREAD NECROMANCY FTW!

Agreed I loved the tv series watched it all through fan-subbing and every week wasa joy to download. If it comes out on R2 I will definately buy the boxset

Does anyone have the Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence Music Anthology?

I bought the thing last month more for the CD soundtrack but I have to say I'm dead chuffed with it.

I love the 'Follow Me' song. And the opening credits music, the hairs on the back of my neck stand-up (without feet) when the drums kick in. :)

ive got it but not got around to watching it all the way though yet. have to put that on my list of things to do list.

Back