Ghibli movies being removed from Netflix UK

jimbob

Completely Average High School Student
It appears Castle in the Sky and the Earthsea movie are both being removed from Netflix next week.

I wonder whether this will be the fate of the other Ghibli movies as well?

The same source has confirmed that Only Yesterday is being removed as well -are all the Ghibli movies being removed by stealth?
I guess time will tell.

I've got 3-4 copies of every Ghibli movie on Blu-ray already, between the Japanese digipak sets, the Disney gold slipcover releases, the GKids slipcover releases, the GKids Steelbooks, and the UK Collectors Editions. I also have a projection movie theater room in my basement with a 120" screen and 5,000 watts of surround audio to watch them in. Don't need no Netflix for any Ghibli here. ☺️👍

The FreyMAX 3D Theater Website

Last edited:
I've got 3-4 copies of every Ghibli movie on Blu-ray already, between the Japanese digipak sets, the Disney gold slipcover releases, the GKids slipcover releases, the GKids Steelbooks, and the UK Collectors Editions. I also have a projection movie theater room in my basement with a 120" screen and 5,000 watts of surround audio to watch them in. Don't need no Netflix for any Ghibli here. ☺️👍
Wow - impressive!

Got them all, but this happens a lot. The rights run out, they get removed and are back by the end of the month either on Netflix or somewhere else, wouldn't be surprised if Disney swooped in!

Damn, this means I'll have to finish my collection of the blu-ray (the standards) now the the prices have all gone up!

Back